05 SPD 20

10 REC 6

40 END 0

29 STUN 0

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

3" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 121

Powers: Artillery has the ability to control kinetic energy in more ways than her father Abraham Kieros could.

Kinetic Bolt: Like her father, Sera can clap her hands together to launch bolts of searing energy at her enemies.

Energy Blast 15d6: 75

Gestures (Must touch hands together -1/2): 50

Kinetic Blast: Sera can broaden her bolt to become more of an explosive attack, damaging nearby foes.

Energy Blast 10d6

Explosion +1/2: 75 Active Points

Gestures (Must touch hands together -1/2)

Increased Endurance Cost x 2 (making it 16 END) -1/2

Vulnerable for next playable phase -1/4: 33

Kinetic Flight: Using her control of kinetic energy, Sera can propel herself through the air at high speeds, clocked at 74.5 mph!

Flight 20" x2 Non-Combative

Reduced Endurance Cost 0 -1/2: 60 Active Points

Kinetic Charge: Sera can charge a surface with kinetic energy, making it detonate with explosive power!

Energy Blast 8d6

Explosion +1/2

Personal Immunity +1/4: 70 Active Points

Extra Time (Whole Phase -1/4)

No Range (Character Must Touch a Surface ie floor, wall, ceiling -1/2): 40

Kinetic Push: The kinetic energy Sera uses can help to push objects much larger than her out of the way for a brief moment by launching a concentrated amount of kinetic energy through the object, pushing it back with enough force to move a small car.

Stationary Object:

Telekinesis 50 STR 75 Active points

No range -1/2: 50

Moving object:

Kinetic Push 2: Teleportation 2"

No Relative Velocity, Position Shift

Usable As Attack (x256 maximum weight per inanimate target; Defense is Kinetic Manipulation powers, being stationary, or having Position Shift on a movement power; +3) (76 Active Points)

[Notes: Affects up to 25 tons (amount that could be lifted by a 50 Strength).

May shift a target 2 hexes, adjust their direction of movement, and adjust their velocity anywhere from their current speed down to 0.] - END=8

Kinetic Dart: Similar to a certain Cajun mutant, Sera can charge small objects and launch them at foes with great power.

3 RKA

Armor Piercing +1/2: 67.5 Active Points

OIF (Must be any object smaller than hand -1/2): 45

Kinetic Field: Sera can gather kinetic energy in her own body to project a personal field to repel most attacks made on her. She can pass this ability onto others for a short period.

Force Field 15 PD/15 ED

Usable Simultaneously (Can grant others field for limited time +1/2)

Reduced Endurance (0, +1/2): 60 Active Points

User must Touch Target (HTH -1/2)

PD and ED are lost with each point of BODY damage dealt (-1/2): 30

Instinctive Kinetic Redirection:

Knockback Resistance -10" (20 Active Points);

Nonpersistent (-1/4) - END=0

Powers Total: 362

Total W/O Skills: 507

I had made her for a 350 with a Multipool, however that was too cheap. I got rid of the Multipool and got this instead which is much more expensive but even with any skills I won't be able to break 600. I'm open to any suggestions. Also I will throw disadvantages up in a bit.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: X-Men: The Next Generation campaign on Hero Central

I was really surprised that nobody came up with a concept for a child of Rogue (which yeah' date=' tough to do with that power absorption thing), Dazzler, or Cyclops, in particular (one Cyke child was started, but never finished).[/quote']

Out of curiosity, which X-Characters are now 'spoken for' - just so's some of us know which potential parents are now off limits.

(Always wanted to try a child of Cyclops - my fave X-Man - or Rogue/Gambit myself...)

Thanks,

Lonewalker

Well, I can always find ways to spend points, if you need help with that... :)

Kinetic Bolt: Like her father, Sera can clap her hands together to launch bolts of searing energy at her enemies.

Energy Blast 15d6: 75

Gestures (Must touch hands together -1/2): 50

I'd drop the Gestures. Aside from the fact that you could have better control than your father did, due to his training, I thought that War could still launch kinetic blasts without clapping his hands together...it was just easier for him that way. Besides, with a -1/2 limitation on all of your powers, expect to be neutralized in fights a lot...

Kinetic Blast: Sera can broaden her bolt to become more of an explosive attack, damaging nearby foes.

Energy Blast 10d6

Vulnerable for next playable phase -1/4: 43

One way to do this is put it in a multipower with Kinetic Bolt. Another way is to ask permission to buy this as a Naked Advantage for the first 12d6 of your Kinetic Bolt, maybe with Increased Endurance Cost or some other limitation so you're not firing it all the time.

Kinetic Flight: Using her control of kinetic energy, Sera can propel herself through the air at high speeds, clocked at 74.5 mph!

Flight 10" x4 Non-Combative: 30 Active Points

I'd change this to Flight 20", x2 NCM. Gives you a lot more flexibility in combat. I'd also consider Reduced Endurance Cost on the power.

Kinetic Charge: Sera can charge a surface with kinetic energy, making it detonate with explosive power!

Energy Blast 5d6

Area of Effect +1

Hole in Middle +1/4: 68 Active Points

Concentration (0 DCV -1/2)

No Range (Character Must Touch a Surface ie floor, wall, ceiling -1/2): 30

I'd use Explosion instead of AoE for this...5d6 might not even stun a normal human...

Kinetic Push: The kinetic energy Sera uses can help to push objects much larger than her out of the way for a brief moment by launching a concentrated amount of kinetic energy through the object, pushing it back with enough force to move a small car.

+17 to STR: 17 Active Points

Instant -3/4: 10

I submitted a power that made it into the second USPD book that has a similar effect, but in a different way. 1" Teleport, No Relative Velocity, Position Shift, Usable Against Others...basically, you alter the kinetic energy so the object is moving in a different direction. Add increased mass up to the maximum size of object you want to affect. That works best against a moving target...for a stationary target, I'd choose Flight, Usable Against Others (with increased mass as above), or Telekinesis, No Range.

Kinetic Dart: Similar to a certain Cajun mutant, Sera can charge small objects and launch them at foes with great power.

3d6 RKA

Armor Piercing +1/2: 67.5 Active Points

OAF (Must be any object smaller than hand -1): 34

If it's any type of object instead of a specific focus, I'd call it OIF (object of opportunity).

Kinetic Field: Sera can gather kinetic energy in her own body to project a personal field to repel most attacks made on her. She can pass this ability onto others for a short period.

Force Field 15 PD/15 ED

This is a cool concept, but can be horribly abused in a game. Drop this on Adamant, and he could go toe to toe with the Hulk...might want to rework this one.

Out of curiosity' date=' which X-Characters are now 'spoken for' - just so's some of us know which potential parents are now off limits.[/quote']

Here's the Official Handbooks of the Marvel Bunnyverse, recently updated. They list pretty much everyone who is currently spoken for (X-Men and others). Neither Cyke nor Rogue are yet spoken for.

Here's the Official Handbooks of the Marvel Bunnyverse' date=' recently updated. They list pretty much everyone who is currently spoken for (X-Men and others). Neither Cyke nor Rogue are yet spoken for.[/quote']

Coolio. Thanks.

Sooo...a Cyclops-Rogue couple is okay then? :)

Oh, what's the official fate of Jean Grey in the Bunnyverse?

Lonewalker

Oh' date=' what's the official fate of Jean Grey in the Bunnyverse?[/quote']

Also' date=' it looks like the characters are all children of heroes or villains. Is there an opportunity for 1st generation mutants as well?[/quote']

Both questions answered on the first page of this thread:

• This is a legacy campaign. In that regard, I expect the characters to be the children of former X-Men or, alternatively, some of their established foes. Everyone should be a mutant. By “X-Men”, it’s X-Men, Excalibur, X-Force, X-Factor, New Mutants, etcetera. Any of the myriad of X-teams. If you want to stretch, you could conceivably be the mutant child of another Marvel character, but most characters will be X-Men-related children. That being said, not knowing who one or more parents are is good roleplaying fodder, so “I’m a mutant and don’t know who the folks are” also works and we’ll work the “discover the parents” angle into it as we go through the campaign. Also, if the player is amenable (and I’ll run this by you before doing it), your parentage may not be as thought. Basically, if you’re OK with me screwing with your character’s background I’ll do it, but if you want to be from a nice, normal stable background that works as well

• For specific characters, Jean Grey is dead. Came back to life, hung around for a while, then died. For good. Probably. You can indeed be of the Grey line if you like, but if you want to be associated in some way with the Phoenix, be from Arizona.

• Colossus is dead. I liked his heroic Legacy virus sacrifice, and he gets to stay dead as a reward.

• Colonel Kitty Pryde is currently the head of SHIELD and has no children.

• That being said, plenty of X-Men stories have come from alternate realities. If you want to be the child of the AoA Blink or some other reality (kind of like Nocturne being the daughter of the alternate-universe Nightcrawler and Scarlet Witch), go for it. Yes, that means you could indeed make a character who is the daughter of Kitty Pryde and Colossus, for example. The “alternate realities” bit does mean you have a lot of leeway in character creation but, if you’re going to go this sort of route, your background had better be really good. REALLY, REALLY GOOD.

• This campaign will be set in the currently existing Avengers: The Next Generation and New Thunderbolts universe, and any characters will need to fit into the current world. I’ve been consistently impressed with the writing and roleplaying in those two campaigns and am hoping to have the same quality in the X-Men campaign. Both those campaigns are being GM’d by teh bunneh, otherwise known as keyes_bill on these here boards. I hope to do as good of a job as him. And yes, I’m only saying that to suck up for better XPs for my characters in those campaigns.

The following characters already exist in said universe:

• Arachne (daughter of Spider-Man)

• Ms. Marvel (daughter of Ms. Marvel)

• Hornet (son of Hank and Janet Pym)

• Banner (son of Captain America and Diamondback)

• Iron Girl (daughter of Iron Man)

• Cinnabar (daughter of the Vision and the Scarlet Witch)

• The Black Knight (daughter of the Black Knight and Sersi)

• Eva von Doom (daughter of Dr. Doom)

• Batroc (daughter of Batroc the Leaper)

• Stilt-Girl (daughter of Stilt-Man)

• Electron (daughter of Electro)

• Journeyman (son of Bulldozer)

• Crusher (son of The Absorbing Man and Titania)

• Dynasty (grandson of Kang)

• Raptor (son of Black Panther)

A few links, just for background and such:

Inital Avengers thread here and Avengers campaign on HC

Initial T-Bolts thread here and T-Bolts campaign on HC

Also add to that list the current X-Men:

• Big Guy (son of Strong Guy and Val Cooper)
  • Hip Hop (son of Toad & Frenzy)
  • Adamant (son of Sebastian Shaw and Tessa)
  • Hellion (son of Nightcrawler)
  • Stereo (son of Jamie Maddox and Syrin)
  • Spitfire (alt-dimension daughter of Archangel and Aurora) (Reserve)

Well, I can always find ways to spend points, if you need help with that... :)

I'd drop the Gestures. Aside from the fact that you could have better control than your father did, due to his training, I thought that War could still launch kinetic blasts without clapping his hands together...it was just easier for him that way. Besides, with a -1/2 limitation on all of your powers, expect to be neutralized in fights a lot...

I like having that limitation. It'll make things interesting in a fight. She basically has to touch her hands together (almost like Edward Alric from Full Metal Alchemist.) At least if retrained in a fight Sera still has the charge small object.

One way to do this is put it in a multipower with Kinetic Bolt. Another way is to ask permission to buy this as a Naked Advantage for the first 12d6 of your Kinetic Bolt, maybe with Increased Endurance Cost or some other limitation so you're not firing it all the time.

I actually had the IEC on my paper... it was like 3 am so I was ready to drop lol. Here is the actual one:

Energy Blast 10d6

Increased Endurance Cost x 2 (making it 16 END) -1/2

Vulnerable for next playable phase -1/4: 33

I'd change this to Flight 20", x2 NCM. Gives you a lot more flexibility in combat. I'd also consider Reduced Endurance Cost on the power.

Yeah I agree.

Flight 20" x2 Non-Combative

Reduced Endurance Cost 0 -1/2: 60 Active Points

I'd use Explosion instead of AoE for this...5d6 might not even stun a normal human...

Alright let's try this one:

Energy Blast 8d6

Explosion +1/2

Hole in Middle +1/4: 70 Active Points

No Range (Character Must Touch a Surface ie floor, wall, ceiling -1/2): 31

I submitted a power that made it into the second USPD book that has a similar effect, but in a different way. 1" Teleport, No Relative Velocity, Position Shift, Usable Against Others...basically, you alter the kinetic energy so the object is moving in a different direction. Add increased mass up to the maximum size of object you want to affect. That works best against a moving target...for a stationary target, I'd choose Flight, Usable Against Others (with increased mass as above), or Telekinesis, No Range.

First off gratz. I read it and I like it :) I am definitely adding that

And I also like the Telekinesis idea better so...

Telekinesis +20 STR 60 Active points

No range -1/2: 40

If it's any type of object instead of a specific focus, I'd call it OIF (object of opportunity).

Ah ok

This is a cool concept, but can be horribly abused in a game. Drop this on Adamant, and he could go toe to toe with the Hulk...might want to rework this one.

Let's try this one then:

Force Field 15 PD/15 ED

Force Field on others last for 4 phases (-1/4): 34

Here's the Official Handbooks of the Marvel Bunnyverse' date=' recently updated. They list pretty much everyone who is currently spoken for (X-Men and others). Neither Cyke nor Rogue are yet spoken for.[/quote']

Yes, fear the Bunnyverse. Or teh bunnehvurs. However it goes.

There's always some wiggle room in the "taken" characters, though. "Oh, he never knew, I'm his secret child he never knew about and here I am!" Those sorts of things, though, require GM approval, so run them by me before making the character sheet.

Yes, fear the Bunnyverse. Or teh bunnehvurs. However it goes.

There's always some wiggle room in the "taken" characters, though. "Oh, he never knew, I'm his secret child he never knew about and here I am!" Those sorts of things, though, require GM approval, so run them by me before making the character sheet.

Considering Maddox sent out his dupes across the world, that is a very plausible idea that he may have several children... that's a scary thought.

Considering Maddox sent out his dupes across the world' date=' that is a very plausible idea that he may have several children... that's a scary thought.[/quote']

'Several' is a potentially wild understatement. How many duplicates can he make? For how many years? X * Y * (Lovers) = !!!

Hey Dan...I know before that noting having an origin for Sub Zero may have made you not even consider him....here is a new writeup with background and pic.

Sub Zero

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

20 STR 10 13- Lift 400.0kg; 4d6 [2]

23 DEX 39 14- OCV: 8/DCV: 8

20 CON 20 13-

20 BODY 20 13-

15 INT 5 12- PER Roll 12-

18 EGO 16 13- ECV: 6

20 PRE 10 13- PRE Attack: 4d6

16 COM 3 12-

8/28 PD 4 Total: 8/28 PD (0/20 rPD)

8/28 ED 4 Total: 8/28 ED (0/20 rED)

5 SPD 17 Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12

20 REC 24

60 END 10

55 STUN 15 Total Characteristic Cost: 197

Movement: Running: 18"/72"

Leaping: 4"/8"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

75 Ice & Cold Creation and Manipulation: Multipower, 75-point reserve

4u 1) Arctic Attack: EB 6 1/2d6, Hole In The Middle (+1/4), Area Of Effect (4" Radius; +1) (74 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2) 7

7u 2) CO2 Blast: Suppress Fire 10d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (75 Active Points)

5u 3) Damn Its Cold: Change Environment 4" radius, -10 Temperature Level Adjustment, -2 Dex Roll and all Skill Rolls based on Dex, Long-Lasting 20 Minutes, Multiple Combat Effects, Personal Immunity (+1/4) (75 Active Points); No Range (-1/2) 7

5u 4) Freeze: Entangle 6d6, 6 DEF, Cannot Be Escaped With Teleportation (+1/4) (75 Active Points); Vulnerable (Fire & Heat; -1/2) 7

7u 5) Frostbite: EB 7d6, NND (LS: Safe Environment- Intense Cold; +1) (70 Active Points) 7

7u 6) Ice Ball: EB 15d6 (75 Active Points) 7

7u 7) Ice Cage: Entangle 3d6, 4 DEF, Area Of Effect (4" Radius; +1) (70 Active Points) 7

7u 8) Ice Spike: RKA 4d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (75 Active Points) 3

4u 9) Ice Supports: Telekinesis (40 STR), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (75 Active Points); Conditional Power Only to Brace or support objects (-1/2), Physical Manifestation (-1/4) 3

5u 10) Ice Wall: FW (15 PD/10 ED; 4" long and 2" tall) (71 Active Points); Vulnerable (Fire; -1/2) 7

4u 11) Icey Coating: HA +8d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)

4u 12) Icey Fog: Darkness to Sight and Smell/Taste Groups 4" radius, Personal Immunity (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (67 Active Points); No Range (-1/2) 3

7u 13) Snow in your Eyes: Sight Group Flash 10d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (75 Active Points)

13 Freeze to a Surface: Clinging (30 STR)

63 Icey Coating: (Total: 75 Active Cost, 63 Real Cost) Armor (20 PD/20 ED) (60 Active Points); Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) (Real Cost: 48) plus Hearing Group Flash Defense (5 points) (Real Cost: 5) plus Sight Group Flash Defense (10 points) (Real Cost: 10) 6

3 Icey Metabolism: LS (Longevity: 200 Years; Safe in Intense Cold)

29 Skating On Icey Feet: Running +12" (18" total), x4 Noncombat 3

6 Stong Mental Discipline: Mental Defense (10 points total)

Ice Dragon Style

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

5 Backfist (Def Strike) +1 +3 4d6 Strike

5 Dragon Claw Strike (Off Strike) -2 +1 8d6 Strike

4 Dragon's Fangs (Choke Hold) -2 +0 Grab One Limb; 2d6 NND

4 Dragon's Scales (Mart Block) +2 +2 Block, Abort

3 Dragon's Tail (Leg Sweep) +2 -1 5d6 Strike, Target Falls

4 Roundhouse (Mart Strike) +0 +2 6d6 Strike

4 Strength of the Dragon (Mart Escape) +0 +0 35 STR vs. Grabs

Perks

2 Sensei: Fringe Benefit: Accredited Instructor, Black Belt

5 Money: Well Off

2 Fringe Benefit: International Driver's License, Passport

10 Vehicle/Base Donation: Custom Perk

1 Fringe Benefit: Dual Citizenship (Japan & U.S.A.)

Talents

3 Ambidexterity (-2 Off Hand penalty)

3 Lightning Reflexes: +2 DEX to act first with All Actions

Skills

6 +2 Martial Arts

5 +1 with DCV

6 +2 Ice/ Cold Powers

3 Acrobatics 14-

3 Breakfall 14-

3 Climbing 14-

3 Conversation 13-

8 KS: Dragon Style 17-

3 Linguist

3 1) Language: Cantonese (completely fluent; literate) (4 Active Points)

3 2) Language: German (completely fluent; literate) (4 Active Points)

3 3) Language: Japanese (completely fluent; literate) (4 Active Points)

3 4) Language: Korean (completely fluent; literate) (4 Active Points)

3 5) Language: Mandarin (completely fluent; literate) (4 Active Points)

3 6) Language: Russian (completely fluent; literate) (4 Active Points)

0 7) Native Language: English (idiomatic; Literate) (4 Active Points)

3 Oratory 13-

7 PS: Martial Arts Instructor 16-

3 Stealth 14-

3 Streetwise 13-

3 Tactics 12-

3 Teamwork 14-

1 TF: X-Jet

3 Paramedics 12-

2 KS: Mutants & Mutant Menaces 11-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 403

Total Cost: 600

450+ Disadvantages

10 Distinctive Features: Mutant (Not Concealable; Extreme Reaction; Detectable Only By Technology Or Major Effort; Not Distinctive In Some Cultures)

15 Physical Limitation: Wierd Bio-Chemistry, requires special medical attention (Frequently, Greatly Impairing)

20 Psychological Limitation: Honorable (Very Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Will Never Break His Word (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Will Not Kill (Common, Strong)

20 Psychological Limitation: Won't Allow Bystanders Come to Harm (Common, Total)

15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Frequently, Major)

20 Vulnerability: 2 x BODY Fire or Heat (Common)

20 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Fire or Heat (Common)

Total Disadvantage Points: 150

Background/History: Bobby Drake was one of the original X-Men, as Ice Man he followed Charles Xaviers dream for many years. Doing this caused him to lose many things. His family had died during a sentinal attack, and Opal Tanaka, the woman he loved, moved back to Japan. When Xavier disbanded the X-Men it was like a great burden had been lifted off Bobby chest. He gave up being a hero and went to Japan. There he married Opal and settled down in Japan. Except for the rare misadventure Bobby would have with his friend Sunfire, life was peacful for the Drakes and after a few years Opal was pregnant and several months into it, ice crystals would occasionally form on Opal's belly and it was obvious the child would inherit its father's freezing abilities. When he was born the child had an icy coating on his body. The named him Joshua and as soon as he was able, Bobby began training the child in how to control his powers. Opal also insisted on the child recieving traing in martial arts. As Joshua grew he enjoyed both the training he recieved from his father and from various martial arts he studied. He would sit glued in front of the television when his father and 'uncle' Sunfire would be shown during some of their adventures.. On his 10th birthday, however, Joshua's world was turned upside down. Iceman died while defending Tokyo from a supervillain attack. During the memorial service, Joshua met many of his fathers fromer X-Men teammates and he swore he would do all he could to honor his fathers memory. He spent the next ten years traveling the world, honing his powers and combining elements from many different martial arts to create his own which he called simply the Dragon Style. With Xavier's death he went to the states to pay his respects in his father's place and upon hearing that Henry McCoy was going to reform the X-Men he offered his services.

Personality/Motivation: Joshua is a very serious young man who has joined the new team of X-Men to honor his father's memory.

Quote: "To fight without honor, is to lose before the battle begins."

Powers/Tactics: Joshua has inherited his fathers freezing abilites. He has also discplened his body through the study of martial arts, combining bits and pieces from many to form his own style that he simply calls Dragon Style.

Appearance: Joshua is a fairly tall man with long black hair and ice blue eyes. His costume is royal blue and black

Thanks for the background. Yep, I need a background, it's how I troll for plot points. With a good background, I can just cherry-pick what I want from characters and don't have to use my brain at all. It's brilliantly lazy.

Thanks for the background. Yep' date=' I need a background, it's how I troll for plot points. With a good background, I can just cherry-pick what I want from characters and don't have to use my brain at all. It's brilliantly lazy.[/quote']

Sweet! My next submission will be a character related to 10 different Marvel characters, with 50 different siblings and an extended family of 500. It'll be a multiform character where the different forms don't get along. That's a sure bet to getting into the X-Men game! Plot hooks galore! :D

(Yes, I need professional :help:...)

I like having that limitation. It'll make things interesting in a fight. She basically has to touch her hands together (almost like Edward Alric from Full Metal Alchemist.) At least if retrained in a fight Sera still has the charge small object.

Hey, if it works for you, great! Just in case it becomes a problem later on, you may want to make the character at 550 pts and save the extra 50 in case you want to buy off something (or to manifest a new power at an opportune time).

Alright let's try this one:

Energy Blast 8d6

Explosion +1/2

Hole in Middle +1/4: 70 Active Points

No Range (Character Must Touch a Surface ie floor, wall, ceiling -1/2): 31

I don't think you need 0 DCV Concentration. In addition to being crippling in combat, people like Gambit don't suddenly become oblivious to the world when charging large objects. The Full Phase should be enough to reflect that extra investment.

Instead of Hole in the Middle, how about Personal Immunity? Or just forgo either and buy extra PD, only versus Kinetic Energy attacks (pure KE, not something that would protect against punches and the like). That option would let you take the EB up to a full 10d6.

First off gratz. I read it and I like it :) I am definitely adding that

And I also like the Telekinesis idea better so...

Telekinesis +20 STR 60 Active points

No range -1/2: 40

Wouldn't that be a 40 STR TK, not 20?

Let's try this one then:

Force Field 15 PD/15 ED

Force Field on others last for 4 phases (-1/4): 34

Still pretty tough - that's a one-action investment to make a brick character (who presumably has defenses at or near campaign maximums) virtually invulnerable for most of a turn.

I'd suggest a custom limitation, where for every point of BODY damage the Force Field prevents, the PD/ED value is reduced by 1. So, you could protect a character from one big attack or multiple smaller attacks, but you'd have to keep reapplying the Force Field (using your actions in the process) to keep the field active in a big combat. At which point, the enemy is likely to target YOU.

Finally, if you control Kinetic Energy, buying some Knockback reduction would be a good idea...

Thanks for the background. Yep' date=' I need a background, it's how I troll for plot points. With a good background, I can just cherry-pick what I want from characters and don't have to use my brain at all. It's brilliantly lazy.[/quote']

Oooh cherry picking..sounds fun. :) When I decided to do his bground I read the UBH and saw that Bobby wasn't spoken for. So I used that to give him motivation to join the X-Men. If you don't mind my asking...what do you think of the bground?

Hey' date=' if it works for you, great! Just in case it becomes a problem later on, you may want to make the character at 550 pts and save the extra 50 in case you want to buy off something (or to manifest a new power at an opportune time).[/quote']

Sounds like a plan

I don't think you need 0 DCV Concentration. In addition to being crippling in combat, people like Gambit don't suddenly become oblivious to the world when charging large objects. The Full Phase should be enough to reflect that extra investment.

I guess that is true. I'll think about maybe throwing it off

Instead of Hole in the Middle, how about Personal Immunity? Or just forgo either and buy extra PD, only versus Kinetic Energy attacks (pure KE, not something that would protect against punches and the like). That option would let you take the EB up to a full 10d6.

Personal Immunity would make much more sense.

Wouldn't that be a 40 STR TK, not 20?

Ack! Why did I still treat that as normal STR?

*goes to fix*

Still pretty tough - that's a one-action investment to make a brick character (who presumably has defenses at or near campaign maximums) virtually invulnerable for most of a turn.

I'd suggest a custom limitation, where for every point of BODY damage the Force Field prevents, the PD/ED value is reduced by 1. So, you could protect a character from one big attack or multiple smaller attacks, but you'd have to keep reapplying the Force Field (using your actions in the process) to keep the field active in a big combat. At which point, the enemy is likely to target YOU.

Finally, if you control Kinetic Energy, buying some Knockback reduction would be a good idea...

That does seem pretty cool. I'll think about it.

Some more suggestions for Artillery...basically, what I'd do to optimize the character.

VAL...CHA...Cost...Total...Roll......Notes

13....STR.....3...13......12-.......HTH Damage 2 1/2d6 END [1]

20....DEX.....30...20......13-.......OCV 7 DCV 7

23....CON.....26...23......14-

13....BODY....6...13......12-

18....INT.....8...18......13-.......PER Roll 13-

14....EGO.....8...14......12-.......ECV: 5

20....PRE.....10...20......13-.......PRE Attack: 4d6

16....COM.....3...16......12-

9....PD......6...9/29.............9/29 PD (0/20 rPD)

9....ED......4...9/29.............9/29 ED (0/20 rED)

5....SPD.....20...5.................Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12

10....REC.....4...10

46....END.....0...46

32....STUN....0...32

6....RUN......0...6"................END [1]

2....SWIM.....0...2"................END [1]

3....LEAP.....0...2 1/2"................2 1/2" forward, 1" upward

CHA Cost: 128

Cost...POWERS

79.....Kinetic Manipulation: Multipower, 79-point reserve - END=

5u.....1) Kinetic Bolt: Energy Blast 15d6 (vs. PD) (75 Active Points); Gestures (Requires both hands; -1/2) - END=7

5u.....2) Concussion Bolt: Energy Blast 12d6 (vs. ED), STUN Only (+0), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (75 Active Points); Gestures (Requires both hands; -1/2) - END=3

4u.....3) Kinetic Blast: Energy Blast 10d6 (vs. ED), Explosion (+1/2) (75 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2), Gestures (Requires both hands; -1/2) - END=14

5u.....4) Kinetic Dart: Killing Attack - Ranged 3d6+1 (vs. ED), Armor Piercing (+1/2) (75 Active Points); OIF - Object of Opportunity (-1/2) - END=7

4u.....5) Kinetic Charge: Energy Blast 9d6 (vs. ED), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Explosion (+1/2) (79 Active Points); Extra Time (Extra Segment, -1/2), No Range (-1/2) - END=8

5u.....6) Kinetic Push 1: Telekinesis (50 STR) (75 Active Points); No Range (-1/2) - END=7

8u.....7) Kinetic Push 2: Teleportation 2", No Relative Velocity, Position Shift, Usable As Attack (x256 maximum weight per inanimate target; Defense is Kinetic Manipulation powers, being stationary, or having Position Shift on a movement power; +3) (76 Active Points) [Notes: Affects up to 25 tons (amount that could be lifted by a 50 Strength). May shift a target 2 hexes, adjust their direction of movement, and adjust their velocity anywhere from their current speed down to 0.] - END=8

5u.....8) Kinetic Barrier: Force Wall (18 PD), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Transparent to ED Attacks (+1/2) (79 Active Points); Gestures (Requires both hands; -1/2) - END=3

4u.....9) Protective Kinetic Field: Force Field (11 PD/11 ED), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Usable As Attack (+1) (77 Active Points); Degrades with use - loses 1 PD and ED for every 1 BODY stopped by defenses (protective field always applied versus damage first) (-1) - END=0

30.....Kinetic Manipulation: Elemental Control, 60-point powers - END=

30.....1) Kinetic Flight: Flight 20", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points) - END=0

30.....2) Kinetic Field: Force Field (20 PD/20 ED), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points) - END=0

16.....Instinctive Kinetic Redirection: Knockback Resistance -10" (20 Active Points); Nonpersistent (-1/4) - END=0

POWERS Cost: 230

----------

She's still going to run out of Endurance REAL quick, since her main attacks are costing her 7 END each, sometimes more. But with a slightly higher CON (which mutants can easily justify due to their physiology) she can last longer and won't be stunned easily. You'll want a few levels with your attacks (including at least 2 PSL's versus range), and you'll be hit pretty easily with a 7 DCV, but you'll have the defenses to take the hits.

I like alot of that. I think I will wait for the force wall to come at a later time. Also I decided not to multipower because I had wanted to try and fill up the 600 points (This was originally a 350 character). I didn't think of the Instinctive Kinetic redirection which looks cool and I am definitely adding it.

I'd suggest a custom limitation' date=' where for every point of BODY damage the Force Field prevents, the PD/ED value is reduced by 1. So, you could protect a character from one big attack or multiple smaller attacks, but you'd have to keep reapplying the Force Field (using your actions in the process) to keep the field active in a big combat. At which point, the enemy is likely to target YOU.[/quote']

My humble 2c, you want to take a look at the two versions of the Ablative limitation. It gives the feel of being able to absorb a few extra hits without making the Brick become impervious. The second version is very similar to your suggestion.

From 5ER pg. 116...

If a character has mixed types of defenses, some Ablative and some not Ablative, the Ablative defense is always “on top” — it takes damage fi rst, and is aff ected by any attacks that exceed it, even if those attacks do not penetrate the non-Ablative defenses beneath it. (If the character has multiple Ablative defenses, the weakest one is “on top” for these purposes.)

At the GM’s option, Ablative can function in a diff erent, but somewhat simpler, fashion: for a -1 Limitation, every shot against which an Ablative Defense Power provides protection and which could, if a good enough roll were achieved, do BODY damage to the target reduces the Defense Power by 5 Active Points, regardless of whether the target itself takes damage. Th is Limitation would only be worth -¼ for Defense Powers such as Mental Defense and Power Defense which are not ordinarily “attacked” with Powers which cause BODY damage. Th e GM may even apply this form of Ablative to non-Defense Powers if he wishes.

We have used this Limitation for very similar reasons with good results.

I like alot of that. I think I will wait for the force wall to come at a later time. Also I decided not to multipower because I had wanted to try and fill up the 600 points (This was originally a 350 character).

Not meaning to offend, but this simply means that instead of having ten powers independently, you should have your MultiPower(s) and plenty of skills, talents, and other 'add-ons'. Trust me, I'm the first to applaud a concept that has a boatload of non-combat / background support action going on; if it's combat-effective to boot, bonus. There is no reason, with 600 points, to NOT build to both your concept and to an effective character.

Additionally, I really don't understand why you have 50 Strength TK with No Range instead of a boost to your strength. Inside a MPow, it isn't going to affect your figured characteristics, and if you're touching it -- which, with No Range, you'd have to -- why couldn't you add your own strength to the maneuver, or vice-versa? Functionally, you're grabbing something and heaving it around at a 50 Str; just do it that way instead of the more-expensive-Active-Points version of TK, No Range...

Not meaning to offend, but this simply means that instead of having ten powers independently, you should have your MultiPower(s) and plenty of skills, talents, and other 'add-ons'. Trust me, I'm the first to applaud a concept that has a boatload of non-combat / background support action going on; if it's combat-effective to boot, bonus. There is no reason, with 600 points, to NOT build to both your concept and to an effective character.

Additionally, I really don't understand why you have 50 Strength TK with No Range instead of a boost to your strength. Inside a MPow, it isn't going to affect your figured characteristics, and if you're touching it -- which, with No Range, you'd have to -- why couldn't you add your own strength to the maneuver, or vice-versa? Functionally, you're grabbing something and heaving it around at a 50 Str; just do it that way instead of the more-expensive-Active-Points version of TK, No Range...

I still have plenty of room for skills (A whole 100+ points left). I just need to find the time today to add them.

Also the reason I didn't make this super strength is because it isn't super strength. This power is basically shifting the momentum and inertia in a stationary body to the opposite direction, causing it to be pushed away from the character. This strength can only be used for that, not for HTH, leaping, lifting, etc. It is just a push.