X-Men: The Next Generation campaign on Hero Central

MilkmanDan

Re: X-Men: The Next Generation campaign on Hero Central

One player has had to drop out of the campaign, and, as I like having six (or seven, depending on whether Stereo has activated his duplication), I have one opening in this campaign. Our intrepid heroes are currently infilitrating nefarious deeds at Cassidy Keep. One group is slinking up via water, the other is in the Keep and having . . . some issues. At any rate, depending on how the new character works, they'll either wait until this particular arc is over or, if I'm feeling adventurous, be thrown into the middle of this adventure (the former is significantly more likely than the latter).

The current new X-Men include:

Adamant: Son of Sebastian Shaw and Tessa, a highly intelligent martial brick who becomes stronger as he receives damage.

Stereo: Son of Siryn and the Multiple Man, a sonic energy projector who can split into two duplicates.

HipHop: Son of Frenzy and Toad, a gadgeteer/martial artist.

Hellion: Son of Nightcrawler and Amanda Sefton, a teleporting martial artist with sorcery.

Big Guy: Son of Strong Guy, a brick with growth.

Anyways, character building guidelines are in the first or second post of this thread. The Official Handbook of the Marvel Bunnyverse will list who is already active in the X-Men/Avengers/T-Bolts world.

I know a lot of characters were posted earlier in this thread; if you'd like to submit one of those characters again, just post a link to it. Or a new one. One thing, don't really need another standard brick at this point, though a strong character with a creative powerset is always welcome.

Submission deadline will be, say . . . Wednesday, 4/9?

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do know that Siryn is knocked up by Jamie in the comics now' date=' right? What are you, psychic?[/quote']

It was obvious...

No sonic shield can hold back Multisperm!

err.. forget I said that.:o

Dang, I want to play Shango but this team doesn't need another brick in the wall. Maybe Daisho but I just reread his background and he may be too emo for the X-Men. :eek: Consider Daisho's powerset with a background rewrite, MMD.

Why is every new idea I come up with a brick?! ARGH! Must think.

Yes, it's a definite sausage-fest at this point, essentially the anti-Avengers and T-Bolts (which are chick-heavy).

And yeah, bricks are pretty well taken care of between Adamant and Big Guy. The only flier is Stereo, so flying is always handy. Not much in the way of ranged attackers as well, it's mostly punch-in-the-face people in the current group. Which is fine; Hermit appears to have stolen all the good die-rolling karma from Hero Central for himself and the Stereos tend to demolish everything they're up against (24 BODY on a 4d6+1 RKA, gee . . .), but there's lots of other ranged options.

I was really surprised that nobody came up with a concept for a child of Rogue (which yeah, tough to do with that power absorption thing), Dazzler, or Cyclops, in particular (one Cyke child was started, but never finished).

Anyways, yeah, I'll throw a troll out onto the HC boards as well.

Which is fine; Hermit appears to have stolen all the good die-rolling karma from Hero Central for himself and the Stereos tend to demolish everything they're up against (24 BODY on a 4d6+1 RKA, gee . . .), but there's lots of other ranged options.

The die roller clearly feels sorry for the way it treated Banner sometimes ;)

I wouldn't mind joining this game.Though I'm new at the forums and a bit wet behind the ears with the Hero System, I've got some pretty interesting ideas for a character (I can put up an actual character sheet later today) Also what is distaff?

Artillery

Identity: Secret

Other Aliases: Artillery

Place of Birth: Melbourne, FL

Marital Status: Single

Known Relatives: Abraham Lincoln Kieros (aka War: Father), Daniella Vega (Mother)

Group Affiliation: X-Men

History: His name was Abraham Lincoln Kieros, a Vietnam War Vet that would have a very hard life as a paralyzed man trapped in an iron lung for the rest of his life. That is until someone came looking for him and his talents.

His name was Apocalypse.

From that day on, Kieros become the embodiment of War, the destructive rider of the Four Hoursemen. With his ability to create explosions with kinetic energy, he was a valuable asset to the horsemen.

At least for the time being...

Archangel had found Abraham in the hospital again, abandoned by Apocalypse and paralyzed again. Feeling pity for the bitter man and hoping to give him new life, Archangel used his healing powers to help War walk again. Stunned by his kindness, War left the hospital, never to be heard from again.

Abraham moved to Madrid, Spain in hopes of finding new meaning to his life. There he met Daniella Vega, the beautiful daughter of a famous bullfighter. The two fell in love and, while he kept his life as a horseman secret from her, he did tell her of his powers. Still the two were in love and after a year got married and moved back to the states, where Daniella gave birth to their only child, Sera

Abraham had always feared that she would gain his abilities. Throughout her childhood Abraham had taught her the meaning of responsibility and the consequences of all actions. While he could be controlling at times, Abraham tried to give Sera the love and attention he had never had.

Sera was 13 when her powers emerged. A convicted pedophile had been following her from school. He grabbed Sera and dragged her to his van where he began undressing her. Out of shear instinct, she tried pushing him off. Kinetic energy charged through her hands and jettisoned the man through the roof of the van. Before he had a chance to get back up, Sera had run away to her home where she told her parents what had happened.

Abraham sat down with Sera and told her about the origin of her powers and began to teach her control over it. Through her high school years she learned to channel her kinetic energy to create explosions like her father could by clapping her hands together. She also discovered less destructive purposes with her power, granting her flight and the ability to move heavier object by touching them and channelling the kinetic energy through it.

Sera had always had a protective personality and Abraham knew that eventually she would want to try and help others with her power. When Sera finally turned 18 and left for college in New York City, Abraham tried his hardest to track down any members of the X-Men. For three years he tried in vain while Sera secretly fought crime in New York City under the alias Artillery, saving people from smaller crimes like mugging, rape, and robberies. Sera herself actually saved the life of the man responsible for saving her father; Warren Worthington. Warren had seen her abilities and recognized them as Abraham's. Knowing the contact for Hank McCoy, Warren asked Sera if she was interested in joining the reformed X-Men, to which she happily agreed.

Height: 5'4"

Weight: 130 lbs.

Eyes: Blue

Hair: Dirty Blonde

Quote: "Time to bring in the heavy artillery!"

Superhuman Powers: Sera has the ability to control kinetic energy. Like her father, she can create explosions by clapping her hands together and releasing a blast or beam from it. She can also charge inanimate objects around her in a similar fashion to Gambit, though because of the destructive capability to everyone around her she rarely uses it. Sera can also use her ability in non-destructive forms, which include flight and a form of limited pushing strength.

Weakness: Men with Irish accents :)

Personality: Sera is outspoken and stubborn, but also knows when to take orders. She tries to be responsible for her powers and her teammates, though she also loves a good brawl. Sera isn't a no-nonsense type person like Cyclops and instead loves having fun. She enjoys playing the guitar, drawing, and practising with her powers.

Hope you guys like her. I'll make up a sheet today. it is 600 points right?

Yes, 600 points, with a 75 point active limit. Exceeding 75 would only happen with GM approval. I'm OK with mega-attacks, as long as they come with limitations--"I can do a massive AOE attack, but it leaves me stunned/KOd/vulnerable", that sort of thing.

Yes' date=' 600 points, with a 75 point active limit. Exceeding 75 would only happen with GM approval. I'm OK with mega-attacks, as long as they come with limitations--"I can do a massive AOE attack, but it leaves me stunned/KOd/vulnerable", that sort of thing.[/quote']

Ok cool. What is usually the average d6 of damage for this game? I don't want to make an attack too powerful, but I also don't want it to be too weak.

Ok cool. What is usually the average d6 of damage for this game? I don't want to make an attack too powerful' date=' but I also don't want it to be too weak.[/quote']

75 active points would be a 15d6 attack, or a 10d6 AP attack, for example.

I wouldn't mind playing Darkchylde, but I have no idea how to link back to it really*L*. Here is another from my fevered brain, the daughter of Cloak and Dagger.

Twilight

Anna Bowen:

Daughter of Tyrone Johnson and Tandy Bowen, also known to many as Cloak and Dagger. Born 25 years ago when Ty and Tandy made a choice to stop being vigilantes and try and live normal lives. They moved away from New York City to Denver. There Ty and Tandy tried to live fairly normal lives.

After a few years Ty and Tandy had Anna, naming her after a runaway they had helped whom they later found out was Ty's long lost sister. Living in Denver they spent much time being active in community services concerning drug rehab, helping abused children and runaways. They also raised Anna on stories of their exploits in an attempt to make sure that their daughter had a good sense of public responsibility. What they really did was cause their daughter to want to emulate her parents. She wanted to be a super hero, and she bugged her parents sto teach her how to be a good one.

In time Ty and Tandy gave in and taught her every thing they knew about being a super hero. As she had her parents stubborness they figured it would be better than having her just go off on her own trying to learn the hard way. Especially when she hadn't exibited any powers of her own.

So at the age of 11 or so Anna started learning how to be a superhero. This came with the condition that there would be no secrets kept from her parents. As the years went by Anna learned much and wouldn't give up the dream of one day fighting crime like her parents.

Her parents were concerned for their daughter but knew that with them guiding her she had a better chance of survival, and they never gave up hope that she would "grow out of it". And she might have except for one incidence.

Ty and Tandy had not kept anything about their lives as vigilantes from Anna, including the illigal things they had done and the way Ty's powers sometimes controled him and made him feel. It took many years for Ty to accept that Tandy loved him no matter what and she would freely give of her power to hold his hunger in check. So every once and while Ty and Tandy would go behind closed doors and she would feed Ty's hunger. Until the day Anna wanted to see her doing it. Ty and Tany talked about it and decided that maybe showing her the bad side of having super powers wasn't a bad idea.

So the next time that Ty needed the darkness fed he and Tandy did it in front of Anna. Ty put on his old cloak and assumed the Darkness laden form of Cloak. Tandy started to glow and gave Ty the energy he needed.

And in the conflagration that was part of the normal life of Ty and Tandy Anna's powers erupted. A courious blend of Ty's and Tandy's power emerged. Anna screamed and shifted into the Dark Dimension for the first time and found herself kneeling out side of her school. Luckily it was later at night and no one was around. Ty and Tandy found her a few seconds later. They took the girl home and a new phase started.

During this time the MEF had become a reality and the X men were no more. As Anna grew into her power She thought about going to the MEF and learning from them. But Ty and Tandy pointed out that what the MEF was doing her parents were doing as well. Just on a much smaller scale. And frankly they would never teach her to be a super hero. So Anna remained at home, still learning from her mom and dad.

When Charles Xavier died the family went, out of respect for all the help that Xavier had given them over the years and to introduce Anna to some of the people that Ty and Tandy had told her about.

Not long after came the annoucement (heard through various channels) that Dr McKoy was going to bring back the X-Men.

And Anna knew what she had to do.

Powers/skills:

A curious blend of the Darkforce powers of her father and the light generation of her mother Anna can project and manipulate a darkforce like ablility that she calls Dark Silver. A energy projection she can use to varying degrees for movement, defense, offence and healing, the force is a silver interwoven with dark tinge in colour.

Though normally she has to touch the Dark Dimension and draw it's essence into her in her own peculiar way, just being who she is gives her minor abilites and defenses. She has minor mental shielding, shielding against powers which can draw away or transform her and the ability to transform her clothing into her costume.

In drawing the Dark Silver into herself she has a translucent aura resembling a force field about her that protects her from damage. She can use the Dark Silver to agument her mental and physical characteristics and can "step back" into the Dimension and make her self intangible. In her intangible state she is vulnerable to sensory affecting powers, psionics, magic and darkforce powers.

She has learned to use this force as skillfully as she can with her parents tutoring. She has also been taught to be a crimefighter by two of the better vigilantes ever to come out of NYC. She can defend herself with out the use of powers, as well as gather information in an investigation, sneak around where she shouldn't be and various other things her parents learned over the years.

As well Anna is a graduate of the University of Colorado with a major in graphic design, and a minor in criminology.

Disads:

Anna is very protective of those who cannot defend themselves and is not adverse to use massive violence to protect them. She has no qualms about killing (at least in her own head) but thinks of lethal force as a last resort. Ty and Tandy have instilled in her a very good sense of right and wrong, and when to break the law and when not too.

Anna is also very protective of her parents and will look after them as best she can. Though they still have much of the power they used to, the skill to use the power has diminished with time and unuse, so she keeps an eye on them as best she can.

Because of her exposure to the Darkforce Dimension Anna gives off a feeling of slight coldness, a chill, when she is using her powers. She is also easily identified as a darkforce manipulator by others of the same connection and many mystics can id her as a "break" in the dimensional barriers, though and extremely stable one.

Cloak and Dagger had many enemies, some of them still alive and any who recognize she has a connection with the two may seek her out.

As with her father and her mother the use of her powers on people causes a drain on their life force (though not in all incidences) and she gains sustenance from them. This feeling can be addictive as she doesn't need it but likes it and she keeps an eye on her reactions to it. She has an honest fear of becoming like her grandfather and in some cases her father.

Appearance"

Anna is an attractive woman in good shape of mixed decent. She usually wears her hair long in a pony tail or braids. She dresses fairly typically for a person of her age and culture, when not in costume.

Anna uses a combination of her parents costuming when she does the super hero thing. A silver/grey body suit and a shifting silver/black cloak is her uniform, with the cloak reacting to much of her abilities as Cloaks used to.

Twilight

Player:

Val Char Cost

15 STR 5

20 DEX 30

28 CON 36

15 BODY 10

18 INT 8

14 EGO 8

15 PRE 5

14 COM 2

8/20 PD 5

8/20 ED 2

5 SPD 20

10 REC 2

60 END 2

40 STUN 3

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

3" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 138

Cost Power END

141 Variable Power Pool, 82 base + 59 control cost, Personal Immunity (+1/4), Cosmic (+2) (215 Active Points); Limited Class Of Powers Available Very Limited (-1), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

0 1) Darkness Intrudes: Darkness to Sight Group 4" radius, Personal Immunity (+1/4) (50 Active Points) Real Cost: 50 5

0 2) Dark Silver is Cold: Drain Con 4d6 (40 Active Points) Real Cost: 40 4

0 3) Dark Silver Bolts: Energy Blast 8d6 (vs. ED), Reduced Endurance 1/2 END (+1/4), Armor Piercing x1 (+1/2) (70 Active Points) Real Cost: 70 3

0 4) Into the Darkness: Extra-Dimensional Movement (Single Dimension), x4 Increased Weight (30 Active Points) Real Cost: 30 3

0 5) Dark Silver Blindness: Flash 8d6 (Sight Group), Reduced Endurance 1/2 END (+1/4), Armor Piercing x1 (+1/2) (70 Active Points) Real Cost: 70 3

0 6) My Energy for Your Life: Healing 5d6 (max. Healed Points: 30) (50 Active Points) Real Cost: 50 5

0 7) Dark Silver Knives: Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6 (vs. ED), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Armor Piercing x1 (+1/2), Autofire (5 shots; +1/2), Reduced Endurance 1/2 END (+1/2) (82 Active Points) Real Cost: 82 3

0 8) Absorbtion: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack) (20 Active Points) Real Cost: 20

0 9) Move through the Darkness: Teleportation 20" (40 Active Points) Real Cost: 40 4

0 10) Gate: Teleportation 5", No Relative Velocity, x4 Increased Mass, Megascale (1" = 1,000 km; +1), Can Be Scaled Down: 1" = 1km (+1/4) (67 Active Points) Real Cost: 67 7

0 11) Your Life for my Energy: Transfer 4d6 (Body To End), Can Transfer Maximum Of 52 Points (74 Active Points) Real Cost: 74 7

0 12) Purge: Transform 5d6: Addict to non Addict (Major) (75 Active Points) Real Cost: 75 7

7 Not all there: +7 Mental Defense (10 points total)

5 Stable Break in Reality: Power Defense (5 points)

4 It's all the Same: Life Support , Safe in Intense Cold, Safe in Intense Heat

5 How do you think her Parents survived: Luck 1d6

7 Instant Change (one set of clothing): Transform 2d6: Clothing into costume and vice-versa (Cosmetic) (10 Active Points); Limited Target Limited (-1/2) 1

25 Dark Silver Energies: Elemental Control, 50-point powers

17 1) Drawing on the Dark: Aid: All Characteristics 1d6, Can Add Maximum Of 20 Points, Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Minute) (+1/4), Variable Effect All Powers Simultaneously (+2) (55 Active Points); Self Only (-1/2), Costs Endurance Only Costs END to Activate (-1/4) 5

25 2) Difusing into Darkness: Desolidification , Reduced Endurance 1/2 END (+1/4) (50 Active Points) 2

32 3) Dark Silver Form: (Total: 66 Active Cost, 53 Real Cost) Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25% (15 Active Points); Costs Endurance Only Costs END to Activate (-1/4) (Real Cost: 12) plus Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25% (15 Active Points); Costs Endurance Only Costs END to Activate (-1/4) (Real Cost: 12) plus Armor (12 PD/12 ED) (36 Active Points); Costs Endurance Only Costs END to Activate (-1/4) (Real Cost: 29) 6

Powers Cost: 268

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver

4 Martial Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort

4 Martial Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

4 Fast Strike: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +0 DCV, STR +4d6 Strike

5 Offensive Strike: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, STR +6d6 Strike

3 Legsweep: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, STR +3d6 Strike, Target Falls

4 Nerve Strike: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, 3d6 NND

8 +2 HTH Damage Class(es)

Martial Arts Cost: 32

Cost Skill

3 KS: Mutants and Mutant Menances (INT-based) 13-

3 Teamwork 13-

3 Stealth 13-

3 Paramedics 13-

11 TF: Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, Combat Aircraft (X Jet), Equines, Skateboarding, Skiing (snow), Small Planes, Small Rowed Boats, Snowboarding, Two-Wheeled Motorized Ground Vehicles, Two-Wheeled Muscle-Powered Ground Vehicles

3 PS: Graphic Designer (INT-based) 13-

1 Computer Programming 8-

3 Acrobatics 13-

3 Breakfall 13-

3 Climbing 13-

3 Contortionist 13-

3 Criminology 13-

3 Deduction 13-

10 Defense Maneuver: I-IV

3 Interrogation 12-

3 Lipreading 13-

3 Lockpicking 13-

3 Navigation (Dimensional, Land) 13-

3 Security Systems 13-

3 Shadowing 13-

3 Sleight Of Hand 13-

3 Streetwise 12-

2 Survival (Urban) 13-

3 Tactics 13-

2 KS: Mafia 11-

2 KS: Maggia 11-

2 Language: Spanish (fluent conversation)

5 Rapid Attack (Ranged)

5 Accurate Sprayfire

5 Concentrated Sprayfire

5 Rapid Autofire

5 Skipover Sprayfire

10 +2 with Ranged Combat

10 +2 with HTH Combat

Skills Cost: 135

Cost Perk

10 Vehicles & Bases (50 Base, 0 Disad)

Perks Cost: 10

Cost Talent

17 Combat Sense (Sense) 13-

Talents Cost: 17

Total Character Cost: 600

Val Disadvantages

15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity Frequently (11-), Major

10 Dependent NPC: Parents 8- (Slightly Less Powerful than the PC; Group DNPC: x2 DNPCs)

20 Hunted: Old Foes 8- (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish; Extensive Non-Combat Influence)

25 Hunted: Gm's Fiat 11- (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish; Extensive Non-Combat Influence)

10 Distinctive Features: Mutant (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)

5 Distinctive Features: Chill Aura (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

10 Distinctive Features: Darkforce user/ Stable Break in Dimensions (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)

20 Psychological Limitation: Protective of Innocents (Common; Total)

5 Psychological Limitation: Fear she may become Life force Vampire (Uncommon; Moderate)

5 Physical Limitation: Powers have Addictive properties for her (Infrequently; Slightly Impairing)

15 Psychological Limitation: Justice not Law (Common; Strong)

Disadvantage Points: 140

Base Points: 450

Experience Required: 10

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Hopefully that works. She still needs 10 more points in disads.. If anybody has any suggestions lemme know.

Some really interesting submissions here. Twilight was definitely interesting, especially with the choice of parents. It's been ages since I read a Cloak and Dagger comic...I'll have to check Wikipedia to see what happened to them in the official MU, now that my curiosity is peaked. Artillery gets props for reminding me of another character from Marvel lore that I remember from way back when. People certainly are making those KS: Classic Marvel Comics skill checks...

I wonder what the Marvel: Next Gen gamemasters think about Variable Power Pools...it helps that most appear limited, but I've always found them to be a pain to manage when I'm GMing. My first thought when reading Twilight's powerset was that you could probably do the VPP as a Multipower, and it would be cheaper than the current writeup with about the same flexibility.

I've tossed my hat in as well, and sent off a private email with my submission, though I could also post it here if people want. The biggest knock against my proposed character would be that he's male, so no 'distaff' here... ;) I can think of several female concepts, but I prefer to avoid cross-gender gaming if possible.

Good luck, everyone. It's a pity that only one spot is available...lots of good material here.

My Thunderbolts: TNG character (Electron) has a big electricity VPP. My major problem with VPPs is they slow down tabletop play as people try to whip up the perfect power. In a play by post/PBEM game, no slow down, as it's slower anyways. Have no problem with VPPs at all on HC, it seems to me to be the one place they're perfect for.

When I originally wrote up Twilight she had a multipower. I found I was running out of points for things and wondered if using the VPP would work better in this cause. It comes out a bit cheaper, though I have restricted her to only the stuff she has listed for use with it for now.

While it's "Cosmic" in the sense it takes no time or roll to change powers it's limited to what I have listed. And to add powers to the pool I would talk with the GM about it (I have a few ideas for new ones) or wait till I can buy off the "Very Limited" Limitation I've put on it.

That being said if the GM didn't want a character with a VPP I would go back to the MP and tweak.

And I just noticed I forgot to put one power into the VPP*L*. Basically and Images to make light power*L* Damn which would read like this:

0 1) Dark Silver Light: Sight Group Images, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Increases Size (16" radius; +1) (25 Active Points); Only To Create Light (-1) Real Cost: 12

Just for grins I did a VERY quick write up of Rogue's daughter. I never really tried to do the whole Mimic Power thing, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Wasn't TOO bad, and even have about 100pts to customize her.

Random

Player:

Val Char Cost

15 STR 5

20 DEX 30

18 CON 16

13 BODY 6

18 INT 8

14 EGO 8

15 PRE 5

16 COM 3

8 PD 5

8 ED 4

5 SPD 20

10 REC 6

36 END 0

40 STUN 10

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

3" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 126

Cost Power

40 Flying: Flight 20"

107 Mind Control 20d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Cumulative (240 points; +3/4), Attack Versus Limited Defense (Power Defense; +1 1/2) (375 Active Points); Set Effect (Sleep; -1), Based on CON (Defense: PD; -1), No Range (-1/2)

239 Mimic Power: Variable Power Pool (Mimicry Pool), 205 base + 34 control cost, (307 Active Points); Character Has No Choice Regarding When Or How Powers Change (Mimics Powers of person touched until person wakes up; -1), Limited Class Of Powers Available Very Limited (Multiform Only; -1)

0 1) Multiform (1,000 Character Points in the most expensive form) (Instant Change) (205 Active Points) Real Cost: 205

Powers Cost: 386

Total Character Cost: 512

The Mind Control is obviously the KO portion of the power. I made it based on CON due to the need to make a physical contact and not really a mental attack. I then had it AVLD Power Defense, to remove the PD portion that goes along with Based on CON. Then I made it cumulative, to make sure EVERYONE get effected.

For the Powers I simply used a VPP that can only be used to create Multiforms. She touches someone they go to sleep with the Mind Control, and she uses her VPP to Multiform into someone with the powers she wants. She can go up to 1000pts giving her enough options to absorb more than one person. I thought it was a pretty neat idea, if it wasn't as abusive as all get out.