Adonis and his ladies (New Mastermind and henchwomen)

Hermit

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Adonis and his ladies (New Mastermind and henchwomen)

Well' date=' I admit to being a bit overwhelmed by all the inspiration the idea has caused.[/quote']

Yeah, I'm like that. Not so great at following through with my own ideas, but sometimes things that other people come up with inspire me. I didn't mean to steal your thunder, or imply that your Japanese schoolgirl was in any way inferior to my Japanese schoolgirl. I just got hit with the image of a slight four foot tall schoolgirl picking up a tank or pounding the bejeezus out of Bulldozer and the inspiration took me. It became impossible NOT to write the character.

Already halfway through my own version of a dominatrix. Lets hear it for self-control!

You know, if you're willing maybe we could combine efforts here. I've got some graphic design knowhow, so we could put it all together as a PDF or something. The super sexy source book...

Also, if Adonis' women all have backgrounds like I've written he wouldn't need much (if anything) in the way of mind control powers. They'd be more than willing to do whatever he wants in exchange for the gifts he's given them. In fact, you'd have to work pretty hard to show how he's a bad person for what he does. It'd be interesting to see how a group of players reacts to him.

You know this sounds alot like that villian from Aaron Allston's Strike Force, Overlord.

Has a harem of superpowed females as servants, some willing, some brainwashed/coerced.

Jerome

I'm embarrassed to say I've never read Strike Force. Which around here, will no doubt lose me major cool points

I'm embarrassed to say I've never read Strike Force. Which around here' date=' will no doubt lose me major cool points[/quote']

Neither have I, but I did participate in an old Hero letterzine with Aaron Alston and some of the other Hero luminaries back in the late eighties. He even directly criticized one of my pieces for being too brutal to players. :)

Adonis needs Dr. Girlfriend :D

Of course the way my horrible mind works your comment has spun off an idea or two. Mostly something along the lines of a power armor babe.

So far:

Hermits creations:

Catgirl

Dominatrix - Whipgloss (Presumably a Brawler)

Amazon Babe - Glamazon (Presumably a Brick)

Japanese Schoolgirl Martial Artist (would she have a wrecking ball on a chain?) - Kyu-to (Martial Artist)

I dream of Djinni (Teleporter)

LoresLost

? - Quickie (Speedster)

My creations:

Swimsuit Model - Naiad (Energy Projector/Aquatic)

Cyborg Secret Agent - Cyberia (Brawler/Martial Artist)

Japanese Schoolgirl/Catgirl/Gothic Lolita - Kenran (Brick)

Dominatrix - The Mistress (WIP, done soon. A Biokinetic with healing factor) - (Support/Energy Projector)

Here I go again. You can tell me to stop ANY TIME Hermit. You'd be doing me a favor.:nonp:

I've already got an idea for a Dr. Girlfriend type (the one with the common sense and the plans) as gadgeteer/power armor babe, and a mentalist illusionist refugee from PSI.

------

QUOTE: "Beg before your mistress you WORM!"

The Mistress

Val Char Cost

13 STR 3

17 DEX 21

30 CON 40

23 BODY 26

13 INT 3

11 EGO 2

30 PRE 20

24 COM 7

12/20 PD 9

12/20 ED 6

4 SPD 13

15 REC 12

60 END 0

45 STUN 0

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

2 1/2" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 162

Cost Power

24 Instant Regeneration: Armor (8 PD/8 ED)

7 Healing 1 BODY, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (20 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Always On (-1/2)

75 Biokinetics: Multipower, 75-point reserve

7u 1) Boosting: Aid 5d6, any physical characteristic one at a time (+1/4), Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Minute; +1/4) (75 Active Points)

7u 2) Breath of Life: Healing 3d6, any physical characteristic one at a time (+1/4), Decreased Re-use Duration (1 Minute; +1 1/4) (75 Active Points)

7u 3) Weaken: Drain REC 5d6, Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per 5 Minutes; +1/2) (75 Active Points)

6u 4) Inflict Pain: EB 4d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), NND (Power Defense, or immunity to pain; +1), Continuous (+1) (65 Active Points)

7u 5) Shut Down the Senses: Sight, Hearing, Smell/Taste and Touch Groups Flash 4d6, NND (Mental Defense; +1) (70 Active Points)

3u 6) Bioscan: Detect Biological Systems, including health and Vulnerabilities or Susceptabilities of living things 18- (Unusual Group), Discriminatory, Analyze, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Range, Rapid: x10, Sense, Telescopic: +15 (44 Active Points); Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4)

Powers Cost: 143

Cost Skill

9 +3 with MPP

3 Acting 15-

3 Interrogation 15-

3 Oratory 15-

3 Paramedics 12-

3 Persuasion 15-

3 PS: Dominatrix 15-

3 Seduction 15-

Champions Everyman Skills

0 1) Climbing 8-

0 2) Concealment 8-

0 3) Conversation 8-

0 4) Deduction 8-

0 5) AK: SanFrancisco (Everyman Skill) 11-

0 6) KS: Goth/Industrial Music and Culture 8-

0 7) Language: English (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)

0 8) PS: Business Manager (Everyman Skill) 11-

0 9) Shadowing 8-

0 10) Stealth 8-

0 11) TF: Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, Everyman Skill

Skills Cost: 30

Cost Perk

15 Various Contacts and Favors from clients

Perks Cost: 15

Pts. Disadvantage

10 Distinctive Features: Mutant (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Uncommonly-Used Senses)

10 Distinctive Features: Distinctive Style of Dress and Behaviour, requires an EGO roll to suppress. (Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses; Not Distinctive In Some Cultures)

10 Hunted: VIPER 8- (Mo Pow, Mildly Punish)

10 Hunted: ARGENT 8- (As Pow, NCI, Mildly Punish)

20 Hunted: Various Socially Conservative Heroes, Villains, and Organizations (includes Genocide) 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

10 Psychological Limitation: "Deviant" Tastes in Clothing, Entertainment, and Recreation (Common, Moderate)

20 Psychological Limitation: Contemptuous of Mainstream Society (Very Common, Strong)

20 Psychological Limitation: Must help and protect bystanders (Very Common, Strong)

20 Susceptibility: When hit by EGO based attacks 3d6 damage Instant (Group of uncommons)

20 Vulnerability: 2 x Effect Drains and Transfers (Common)

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Total Character Cost: 350

BACKGROUND

Size and pain. No matter how good she was at her job it always came down to mass, and Julie Morse was a big woman. It wouldn't have been so bad if she had a different job; maybe. When she set up her dungeon in a trendy part of the city and became a professional dominatrix she was only ample, and her migraines and joint pain were manageable. The stress of running the business, her inability to delegate, that uncontrolable hunger. No matter how energetically she applied the whip the pounds piled on and her pain and health problems increased.

The tragedy of it all was that she was GOOD at her job. She knew just what her clients wanted, and how to apply to them just the level of hurt they craved. Call her a depraved sex worker if you like, but Julie was in demand by a broad segment of the population for a long time. Sadly, most of her best clients wanted a dom who could cinch a corset down to an eighteen inch waist, and the joint pain and migraines made her unable to keep appointments. It was a neverending loop of failing to live up to her own expectations, eating, suffering for it, and failing again. Then salvation came through the door as she was about to lose everything.

A client came, a client so gorgeous she should be paying him. He was a poor submissive, and he tried to sweet talk her, but the pain in her joints and head let Julie muscle past Adonis' charms. She did for him things he never imagined, and he made her an offer she never thought was possible. Not freedom from pain exactly, but control over it, and power and wealth and the body of a goddess. Julie discovered what Adonis already knew, that she was a low level biokinetic, but her own lack of control over that power played havok with her own body. He fixed that, and so much more.

Since then she's worked alongside the other girls on various jobs, but her powers are very useful in other contexts, and Adonis has often found himself "renting out" the Mistress to various organizations. Both ARGENT and VIPER want her to work for them instead, and have been a low grade irritation in her life, since she's only willing to work for them under certain limited conditions. A number of socially conservative heroes and organizations have some serious problems with a woman showing up in public dressed in black leather corsets, thigh high boots, and g-strings. Especially when she's able to heal people as she does.

PERSONALITY/MOTIVATION

In her previous life the Mistress was a professional dominatrix, and is not a sadomasochist. She knows how to inflict and sustain pain and humiliation for the purposes of entertainment. As a supervillainess she uses those skills and her power to disable her enemies. However, she avoids causing perminant harm, nor does she inflict pain or humiliation on others unless they want her to, or they REALLY deserve it. If she wasn't using her newfound powers to help Adonis steal things the more enlightened person would have to admit she's as good or better than many superheroes. On more than a few occasions she's gone out of her way to heal innocent bystanders injured during a fight. However, she is a bit of a ham, and she enjoys her new looks. As Mistress Julie will play up the stereotype of the leather clad dominatrix.

Unlike many of Adonis' other ladies the Mistress is not devoted to Adonis. She sees her life as one of his girls as a business arrangement. She gives him pleasure and uses her powers on his behalf, and he makes sure that she stays beautiful and that her powers don't go haywire again. That doesn't mean she's not absolutely loyal to him. At the time he entered her life she was well over a hundred pounds over weight, suffering numerous health problems, and facing bankruptcy and possibly a life on the streets. Since then she's become powerful, gorgeous, and able to use her biokinetic powers at will. What Adonis wants, the Mistress wants, and you wouldn't deny your mistress would you?

POWERS/TACTICS

Mistress is a biokinetic, she can control biological systems in other beings. She can heal or assist the abilities of her allies, and she can shut down the senses of or inflict pain on her enemies. If she can get close enough, she can even ruin the efficiency of biological systems, so even the healthiest person will collapse in exhaustion if they try to stress themselves too much. Thanks to Adonis' help, Mistress can regenerate, and she can sustain a remarkable amount of physical abuse. So long as she doesn't take too much damage all at once she'll heal quickly from any injury. The only exception is that her nervous system is wired up to be sensitive to mental assault, and powers like her own have a far stronger effect on her than normal.

Mistress acts in a support role to the others. She'll do thinks like Aid Kenran's STR or Cyberia's DEX, and heal injured team mates and innocent bystanders. If the opportunity presents itself, she'll use her Shut Down Senses, Inflict Pain, or Weaken powers on the enemy. She also sometimes makes use of her presence and intimidation powers to take charge of bystanders and get them out of the way, or make them open the door to the vault or whatever. At the start of any combat she'll use bioscan and alert her team mates to the vulnerabilities and susceptabilities possessed by the opposition.

CAMPAIGN USE

Mistress can be played as a cartoony stereotype, but there's a lot of options for depth of character and role playing with her as well. With her Protectiveness of Innocents psych limit she's every bit as potentially heroic as Kenran. Except of course the odds of her getting along in the mainstream culture most superheroes are slim to none. Because of everything he's done for her, there's little that would give Mistress reason to betray Adoinis. She'd have to catch him at doing something really vile to innocent bystanders. She's meant to be used in support of others, and can show up working for a variety of organizations from GRAB to VIPER.

To increase her power raise Mistress' PRE, DEX, SPD, and add more powers to her MPP. If you need to make her more able to take damage give her 50% resistant damage reduction to Physical and Energy attacks to represent pain tolerance. To decrease her power lower the active points of her MPP and lower her defenses.

APPEARANCE

Mistress looks the stereotype of the dominatrix. She has thigh high boots with almost too much heel to be useful in combat. She wears a corset and G-string, long leather gloves, and a full leather face mask with a heavy collar. She's covered spikes, chains, and sharp hooks. Often these accessories bite into her own body, but she's not bothered with such minor pains.

Yeah, stop a bit please.I'd like to get at least a few of the ladies made myself :)

I've been working on Adonis himself. Should have him finished tonight if all goes well

Great thread.

Can Flesh Gordon be his arch enemy?

(Flesh, of course, never realizes this; he believes Adonis is a dude whose pad he crashes at now and then; think one of those comedies where a house guest just won't leave.) :D

Great thread.

Can Flesh Gordon be his arch enemy?

(Flesh, of course, never realizes this; he believes Adonis is a dude whose pad he crashes at now and then; think one of those comedies where a house guest just won't leave.) :D

Well, I don't see why not. I still plan to make my own versions of the ladies mentioned and use them for my own campaign, but obviously there's a lot of room for folks to tailor or go with their own takes and ideas.

Yeah, stop a bit please.I'd like to get at least a few of the ladies made myself :)

I've been working on Adonis himself. Should have him finished tonight if all goes well

Oh thankyouthankyouthankyou!

Though he should have an army of twenty superbabes, just because it'd be funny. I just finished stats on Phantasm, the Amazonian Illusionist, but I'll set it aside for the time being.

Here we go, Adonis, please remember, he's made more for fun than efficiency

Adonis

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

25 STR 15 14- Lift 800.0kg; 5d6 HTH damage [2]

24 DEX 42 14- OCV: 8/DCV: 8

25 CON 30 14-

20 BODY 20 13-

30 INT 20 15- PER Roll 15-

17 EGO 14 12- ECV: 6

25 PRE 15 14- PRE Attack: 5d6

36 COM 13 16-

12 PD 7 Total: 12/19 PD (6/13 rPD)

12 ED 7 Total: 12/19 ED (6/13 rED)

5 SPD 16 Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12

10 REC 0

50 END 0

46 STUN 0 Total Characteristics Cost: 205

Movement: Running: 8"/[Noncombat]"

Leaping: 6"/[Noncombat]"

Swimming: 3"/[Noncombat]"

Cost Powers END

13 Pheromones: Mind Control 2d6, No Normal Defense (Nose Plugs/LS No need to breathe/etc; +1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Area Of Effect (4" Radius; +1), Cumulative (48 points; +1) (45 Active Points); Set Effect: Become attracted to /smitten with Adonis (-3/4), Limited Class Of Minds Women Only (-1/2), Always On (-1/2), No Range (-1/2), Does Not Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4) 0

(Notes:Sensed by Scent rather than Mental Awareness

The choice of 'Smitten by' or 'attracted to' , should be determined by the player of the character if a PC is the victim/target)

4 Just her type: Variable Special Effects (Limited Group of SFX; +1/4) (4 Active Points) applied to COM

40 "You wouldn't want to mar this face, would you?": (Total: 60 Active Cost, 40 Real Cost) Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); Only vs those of Appropriate Sexual Orientation (-1/2) (Real Cost: 20) plus Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); Only vs those of Appropriate Sexual Orientation (-1/2) (Real Cost: 20) 0

23 Stunning Good Looks: Drain STUN 2d6, Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1) (40 Active Points); Only vs those of Appropriate Sexual Orientation (-1/2), Target must be able to perceive him (-1/4) 4

8 Ubermench need less: Life Support (Eating: Character only has to eat once per week; Immunity: Venereal diseases; Longevity: 400 Years; Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week) 0

10 Stable Genetic Structure: Power Defense (10 points) 0

20 A proper study of anatomy leads to maximum pain to the target: Find Weakness 11- with All Attacks (30 Active Points); Only on Organic/Living Targets (-1/2) 0

8 Quick healing: Healing 1 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (30 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 20 Minutes (-2), Self Only (-1/2) 0

50 Temporary Alpha Male Mode: Aid 5d6, Str and Con simultaneously (+1/2) (75 Active Points); Self Only (-1/2) 0

6 Hard Body in all the right ways: Damage Resistance (6 PD/6 ED) 0

7 What you call delusion and obsession, I call dedication: Mental Defense (10 points total) 0

6 Communication Wrist Band : Radio Perception/Transmission (Radio Group), Concealed (-3 with Radio Perception/Transmission PER Rolls) (13 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Sense Affected As More Than One Sense Hearing as well as radio (-1/2) 0

8 Protective yet form fitting costume: Armor (4 PD/4 ED) (12 Active Points); Activation Roll 14- (-1/2) 0

25 Blast Sceptre: Multipower, 50-point reserve, (50 Active Points); all slots OAF (-1)

1u 1) The primitive option: Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (30 Active Points); OAF (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 0

2u 2) Blaster Option: Energy Blast 10d6 (50 Active Points); OAF (-1), No Knockback (-1/4), 12 Charges (-1/4) [12]

2u 3) Wide Spread: Energy Blast 5d6, Area Of Effect (6" Cone; +1) (50 Active Points); OAF (-1), No Range (-1/2), 12 Charges (-1/4) [12]

67 Aphrodite's Token: Multipower, 101-point reserve, (101 Active Points); all slots OIF (-1/2)

3u 1) A blessing of beauty and poise: Aid 2d6+1, Com and PRE simultaneously (+1/2), Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Season; +2 1/4) (86 Active Points); Only Human Women (-1), OIF (-1/2) 0

4u 2) Bringing out the goddess in you: (Total: 101 Active Cost, 40 Real Cost) Major Transform 3d6 (Transform Woman in to Super Sexy Version of herself), Improved Target Group (+1/4) (56 Active Points); Limited Target Only Human Women (-1), OIF (-1/2) (Real Cost: 22) plus Minor Transform 3d6 (Banishes Woman's hang ups, insecurities, and some inhibitions), Improved Target Group (+1/4), Works against Ego instead of Body (+1/4) (45 Active Points); Limited Target Only Human Women (-1), OIF (-1/2) (Real Cost: 18) 10

2u 3) "Enjoy yourself": Mental Illusions 16d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (100 Active Points); Limited Class Of Minds Only on Women (-1), No Conscious Control (Only Effects cannot be controlled; Only to transport target to her own private fantasy; -1), Mandatory Effect EGO +30 or Greater (-3/4), OIF (-1/2), Does Not Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4) 4

Martial Arts: [Women like a man who can defend himself]

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

3 1) Grappling Throw +0 +2 7d6 Strike; Target Falls; Must Follow Grab

4 2) Crush +0 +0 9d6 Crush, Must Follow Grab

4 3) Fast Strike +2 +0 7d6 Strike

4 4) Martial Block +2 +2 Block, Abort

3 5) Martial Grab -1 -1 Grab Two Limbs, 35 STR for holding on

4 6) Martial Dodge -- +5 Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

4 7) Martial Escape +0 +0 40 STR vs. Grabs

Women like a man who can defend himself

1 8) Weapon Element: Clubs

Perks

56 Followers, Variable Special Effects (Limited Group of SFX; Women of varied talents/skills; +1/4) (56 Active Points)

40 Vehicles & Bases

10 Money: Wealthy

Talents

6 Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED)

4 Double Jointed

Skills

20 +2 Overall

5 Cramming

3 Breakfall 14-

3 Electronics 15-

3 High Society 14-

3 Inventor 15-

3 Scholar

2 1) KS: Greek Mythology and Literature (3 Active Points) 15-

4 2) KS: Superpowers (5 Active Points) 17-

2 3) KS: Tantric practices, Kama Sutra, and The Joy of... (3 Active Points) 15-

3 Oratory 14-

7 PS: Satisfier of Women 18-

3 Paramedics 15-

3 Persuasion 14-

3 Mechanics 15-

3 Seduction 14-

3 Scientist

3 1) SS: Bio Chemistry 16- (4 Active Points)

5 2) SS: Genetics 18- (6 Active Points)

2 3) SS: Gynecology 15- (3 Active Points)

3 4) SS: Medicine 16- (4 Active Points)

2 5) SS: Robotics 15- (3 Active Points)

1 Tactics 8-

4 Weaponsmith (Biological Weapons, Chemical Weapons, Energy Weapons) 15-

Total Powers & Skills Cost: 545

Total Cost: 750

200+ Disadvantages

20 Dependent NPC: Lounging Ladies about him 8- (Normal; Group DNPC: x4 DNPCs)

15 Distinctive Features: Breathtakingly good looking man (Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

5 Hunted: Numerous Angry Husbands/Boyfriends/Brothers/Fathers of women 8- (Less Pow, Harshly Punish)

15 Hunted: Local Superheroes 11- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)

20 Hunted: UNTIL/PRIMUS 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

10 Hunted: By those who want his secrets 8- (As Pow, NCI, Mildly Punish)

15 Psychological Limitation: Loyal to/Looks out for "his ladies" (Common, Strong)

20 Psychological Limitation: Delusionally obsessed with women, beauty, and the mixing there of (Very Common, Strong)

20 Psychological Limitation: Odd Code of Honor (Common, Total)

5 Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x Effect Mental Illusions (Uncommon)

Total Disadvantage Points: 750

Background/History: Dr. Dennis Meager swallowed nervously as the attractive woman shook his hand.

"Your help with the Ophidian plague has been invaluable," she assured him.

"Doc..Doctor Silverback and those superheroes are the ones to thank, really.." Dennis stammered, "I ...ass.. assisted!" (Oh dear god, did I just let some spittle fly? Oh my.. oh my..)Oo.

"Well, Doctor Silverback speaks highly of your skill," her tone indicated she was less and less impressed but still trying to be polite. "I'm going to need my hand back."

Doctor Meager blushed, "oh, yes, so...so sorry."

He fled.

Doctor Dennis Meager dropped into his lab. He'd heard the comments before... everything from 'Extreme Social Anxiety Disorder' to crude remarks about putting female genitalia on a pedestal. He couldn't help it. He adored women, he always had. He didn't want to be one, he truly was happy to be a man.

Well, admittedly, it wasn't much of one...

(Oh who am I kidding? I don't have the confidence, let alone the body or poise that most women would WANT in a man...) Ooo But what was point? He couldn't MAKE himself a better man. Better to continue offering his services trying to help UNTIL and PRIMUS understand the likes of these men like King Cobra and Teleios, figures who....(Who experimented on themselves... who.. who made themselves into something else)Oo.

Maybe, he realized, if he took what notes he could and researched a bit more, maybe if he... still, a complete biochemical alteration, let alone geno re-sequencing? Was he really so desperate to be what women wanted, that he'd risk his very sanity?

His mind flashed back to the few times he'd had the courage to let a girl know how he felt. Sometimes, they had been mortified, or disgusted. Sometimes, painful laughter cut through him. The worse moments were the looks of pity... so many of them were such kind people, and he knew he had hurt them by forcing them to hurt him as they rejected him. They DESERVED better than him...and risk be damned, they were going to get it.

Personality/Motivation:Dennis Meager was brilliant, but never particularly stable to begin with. As Adonis, well, he now has confidence and certainty in spades, but his anxieties and insecurities have been twisted into delusions and obsession, and then magnified ten fold. Adonis tends to see women through a sexual lens, it's true, but if asked, he would argue his purpose is to glorify, not objectify, and that traits like intelligence, tenacity, and a fiery spirit are also part of a woman's beauty. There are some things he'll never do, seeking to deliberately mar a womans' beauty, taking her by force, or leaving a woman without an option of bettering her life (as he sees it) all count among these.

Of course, he also thinks bad girls are sexy, because 'bad girls' are above society's rules, they show an independence , a confidence in their defiance of the status quo. Any hypocrisy of HIMSELF becoming their new authority is utterly lost on him. To be fair, he does look out for them. Unlike many masterminds, he cares about his minions (A term he'd never use), and superheroes may find he's insistent on trying to break the ones who've been captured free. His delusions come and go, but seem to be getting worse. He believes himself to be a son or Champion of Aphrodite, or lover, or..well, it varies. If the mythological Aphrodite has noticed, there's been no sign of it.

Quote:"My dear woman, do you know how beautiful you are?"

Powers/Tactics:Adonis is a scientific genius gone mad, who half the time can't differentiate between the science of his brilliance, and the mythic symbolism he couples with it. He has genetically altered himself to become his idea of what an Alpha Male heart throb should be, and for the most part, it has worked. He goes beyond model looks into a realm where those who know him wonder if he hasn't hit some untapped psychic reserve he's always had. There maybe some truth to that, because his gorgeous appearance varies a great deal on his subject. Women in particular find his features seeming to shift lightly to fit their preferences (The Variable SFX on COM). People of the appropriate sexual orientations have been known to swoon when he turns on the charm, and subconsciously pull their attacks so not to risk seriously hurting him, aiming for less vital areas, etc. More practically, he is now immune to some diseases, needs less sleep and food, and even ages slower, and heals faster (Though to restore limbs, its best if he takes a few supplements in his lab).

He can temporarily boost his own stamina and physical strength, though it doesn't last long, couple it with his hand to hand training and his scepter, and he is better suited than many suspect to take on those opponents immune to his charm. The blaster option fall back on that scepter doesn't hurt.

One power worth noting is Adonis' pheromones, the musk his body naturally produces. Just a few moments breathing them, women of any orientation find themselves responding. Some become deeply attracted on a purely carnal level, others down right smitten. In the case of female PCs, it is up to the player more than the GM how their character will be influenced. Matters like pre-exiting loves and loyalties should be taken into account. Just like in the comics, there are always those strong willed heroines who may FEEL desire, but do not give into it. Remember and respect the comfort level of your players.

Adonis has learned how to stimulate and alter a woman's geno sequence and bio chemicals. Much of this must be done in his lab, but he also carries with him an item he calls 'Aphrodite's Token', a bracer on his right wrist with a depiction of a 'male symbol' under a 'female' symbol' as if glorifying it. This token carries microscopic technology allowing a variety of effects on women. It can increase the natural 'beauty' of a woman, and boost her confidence with no other effects. Or, it can alter her to be stronger, faster, and more as well, into one of his 'agents' who has certain genetic protections. This almost always has an effect on the personality (hence the spiritual transform) though the specifics are more do to what lays inside the woman's psyche than what Adonis wishes . Many women become more uninhibited, or sexually aggressive. Kinks are practiced more openly, that sort of thing. Yet one more effect is often used for defense. Triggering a certain mix of brain chemistry and synapse flare ups, it can cause any woman to be plunged into a fantasy of her own desire's creation. Adonis regrets he doesn't know what they're seeing. Alas.

Lastly, his genius combines with his knowledge of living things, and allows him to know just where to hit, and hit hard (The find weakness).

Adonis' tactics are based on some outdated Greek reading, so need a bit of work, but quite often his methods are to show faith in his girls ,and let them handle things. If confronted one on one, he will prefer to grab female opponents rather than striking them, and prefer his Mental Illusions over that, as it leaves no mark on the fair one. He often WILL try to talk with heroes of either gender, but is learning not to let himself be distracted for too long.

Campaign Use:

If fighting another male, he will suggest to the fellow that both endeavor to 'give the ladies a show'. Hugh Hefner's and Teleois' love child.. Well, not really, but that's not bad for a tongue in cheek answer to the question of Campaign Use. Adonis can be a lot of fun, but if you're not careful, he can push some buttons, and not in a good way. Female PCs in particular could easily be frustrated in dealing with this concept and his abilities if the GM doesn't take a little consideration for their own tolerance levels into account. The vagueness of the Pheromones, and the psych lims of the villain are set up just for this purpose.

Of course, Adnonis doesn't always go on the missions with his ladies, so it maybe some time before the heroes encounter him directly. If they do, they can beat they will have dozens of agent level lovelies ready to defend him to the death if need be. Chivalrous characters, and lechs alike may find working around that tricky to say the least.

What's more, while insane, Adonis is earnest in his insanity. He truly cares for his hench women, and to some degree ALL women. Thus, it is easy to involve any NPC of the female persuasion in a story with him. What would down on his luck Mantis Man do if he discovered his formerly sickly old Aunt Mabel had happily given up being a frail 75 plus year old to instead become a mega hot babe? He might wonder if his own neglect made him turn to Adonis. Can he really FIGHT Aunt Mabel?

What if Adonis is the GOOD guy in a situation? If a group of frat guys have been using roofies on women, and keep getting away with it due to rich families and fancy lawyers and Adonis sics his girls on them to 'teach them a lesson', well, will the heroes be tempted to join in?

If Adonis is too weak for your liking, considering buying up his speed, and perhaps giving him a VPP for lab work...(Though, being a comic book mastermind, he doesn't really need it to experiment). One could easily turn him into an agile brick with greater stats still. Mostly however, make sure his henchwomen are there for him. That's his gimmick, after all. If twenty agents and six super women aren't enough to challenge your players, add 6 more superwomen, and make it an even dozen beauties.

If Adonis is too powerful, it's probably in his ability to frustrate female superheroes, reduce the damage reduction and some of his other powers by a notch. He's a master villain of the second water, but STILL a master villain, so don't make him to easy to both push over AND get to. Keep his hench women even if you down power them too.. his super harem is his stichk.

Adonis is not normally big on hunting heroes. He may offer an attractive heroine the delights of a wonderful evening, or greater power, but he CAN take no for an answer. A male superhero may find him baffled on what the problem is...

However, if one of his girls gets hurt badly, the gloves comes off, and Adonis might invest new resources into making that hero regret it. Similarly, if a hero is falsely accused for Rape, Adonis might forget to check his facts, and do his best to 'avenge the fair lady.'

Adonis is more likely to hunt (read as tempt and seduce to his service) ladies the PCs know,and he's got a good chance of succeeding too.

Appearance:As mentioned in the powers section, Adonis' features often seem to shift slightly depending on who is near him. Normally he has dark hair worn long, and deep blue eyes, with a broad shouldered build that is well muscled without being too bulky.

And yes, he's quite endowed...that's right, he's rich, so he dresses well. :) Usually in a 'Holly Wood Greek' fashion, think Apollo on Star Trek: the original series for casual wardrobe.

That would be difficult to see if Adonis was careful about his recruitment' date=' and had a good idea of when his pheromone powers were working. [/quote']

Depends on the powers of the mole and how subtle and careful can a guy be that runs his base like the Playboy Mansion? Besides it makes for a good story and possible comedy. It's not like he's the world greatest mastermind and one's better than him have been betrayed before.

I'm embarrassed to say I've never read Strike Force. Which around here' date=' will no doubt lose me major cool points[/quote']

Adonis is a little like character of the same (I think) in one of the Dark Champions books but much more four color and less "serious" than that one who's a frighteningly narcissistic former model twisted in a mockery of "beauty" but too much plastic surgery.

Adonis is a little like character of the same (I think) in one of the Dark Champions books but much more four color and less "serious" than that one who's a frighteningly narcissistic former model twisted in a mockery of "beauty" but too much plastic surgery.

Are you thinking of Divine, from Underworld Enemies? (4th Ed. D.C., BTW).

No plastic surgery involved, and he detests and abuses women. However, he does have a pair of female bodyguards of Heroic level abilities.

Or is there someone I'm not thinking of, that you have in mind?

No plastic surgery involved, and he detests and abuses women. However, he does have a pair of female bodyguards of Heroic level abilities.

Ah, now him I recall....

Comments on Adonis:

Eeeenteresting. Pretty close to what I thought you had in mind when I did my bit of thread hijacking. Again, sorry about that, but I simply could not resist the sexay super babes! :P

The background and description are excellent. The verbiage needs some tightening up, and maybe a little more background on how he went from gross looking nerd scientist to wealthy super hunky lunatic. I only got a vague idea of how much of a loser he was before he altered himself.

I have some minor rules quibbles, but if you insist that he needs variant SFX on his followers perk to get different followers who am I to say? I just handwave followers, bases, and vehicles for master villains anyway. If you think UNTIL and PRIMUS are a single hunter that's fine even if it makes the stringent rules lawyer in me cringe.

If the pheromones power makes you that uncomfortable why not just ditch it? In my opinion it'd make him a lot more interesting, because his bevy of beauties wouldn't be any kind of victims but willing ones. Well role played female PC heroes might even be tempted by what he has to offer. If you do keep it I'd think it should be based on CON.

Some of the other powers are neat, but are complex, punish female characters too much, and don't add a WHOLE lot to the character. Just her type, you wouldn't mar this face, stunning good looks, temporary alpha male, and the Aphrodite's token MPP could all be dropped without actually ruining the character concept. Instead, sink those points into STR, DEX, CON, more PRE (I'd think numbers you had on COM and PRE should be reversed), and a gadgeteer VPP. Maybe add a set of "healing factor" powers since his specialty is supposed to be tissue regeneration. That's a good powerset for a master villain, because he can be one of those "shoudn't he have died when that building fell on him?" types. Then he can have a general Damage Reduction against EVERYONE.

Instead of the transform being a power he carries around I sort of assumed it was something like Teleios' Immobile OAF lab equipment. A large VPP does seem more in keeping with the Mad Doctor concept. Either that or pour more of his points into the base, and have the transformational equipment be part of the base.

Needs Plot Hooks. I'm a little vague on why PC's would object to him if he just fritters away in his lab and... uh... well you know what else.

I know you said that he's intended as being less than optimal, and that his super babes are the real fighters, but he hasn't quite got the OOMPH of even a midgrade master villain. I'd bump up the power of the scepter and improve his Find Weakness ability. Maybe give him a boost to PRE for attacks only as the "Alpha Male" power?

I'm pretty sure you should drop the vulnerability to Mental Illusions, since a PC mentalist is going to clean his clock if you don't. Just doesn't seem right for even a low grade master villain to have such a vulnerability.

He needs something else. Something to distinguish him a bit more from Teleios, but I don't have any good suggestions off the top of my head. Some additional goal, some bit of history, a dark secret, a rivalry. Agh, it's going to bother me until I can come up with a better suggestion.

Or is there someone I'm not thinking of, that you have in mind?

I thought of Divine too but I'm thinking of Adonis from Dark Champions: The Animated series.

Comments on Adonis:

The background and description are excellent. The verbiage needs some tightening up, and maybe a little more background on how he went from gross looking nerd scientist to wealthy super hunky lunatic. I only got a vague idea of how much of a loser he was before he altered himself.

Well, I admit, I didn't have as much time as I thought I did to work on him it seems.

I have some minor rules quibbles, but if you insist that he needs variant SFX on his followers perk to get different powers who am I to say?

It seemed a simple way to assure that not all the agents would be cookie cutter etc.

I just handwave followers, bases, and vehicles for master villains anyway.

Fair, and it could still be done. Unlike that bum Teleios, Adonis actually PAID for some of his stuff (Of course, being an NPC he has as many as GM needs anyway *G* But it seemed fairer)

[quoteIf you think UNTIL and PRIMUS are a single hunter that's fine even if it makes the stringent rules lawyer in me cringe.

I don't, what that means is that it alternates. The GM can pick WHICH of the two organizations is hot on his tail at the time. Also, some GMs may prefer one rather than the other so hence the choice.

If the pheromones power makes you that uncomfortable why not just ditch it? In my opinion it'd make him a lot more interesting, because his bevy of beauties wouldn't be any kind of victims but willing ones. Well role played female PC heroes might even be tempted by what he has to offer.

They don't make ME that uncomfortable, but they might make female players, and the players of female characters uncomfortable, hence the qualifiers.

If you do keep it I'd think it should be based on CON.

No, because then the ladies would be attracted to just anyone... just as basic mind control based on CON has you obeying anyone who talks to you once you're under. True, the limited command could be said to restrict that, but as a rule I'm cautious about using limitations secretly as advantages.

Some of the other powers are neat, but are complex, punish female characters too much, and don't add a WHOLE lot to the character. Just her type, you wouldn't mar this face, stunning good looks, temporary alpha male, and the Aphrodite's token MPP could all be dropped without actually ruining the character concept. Instead, sink those points into STR, DEX, CON, more PRE (I'd think numbers you had on COM and PRE should be reversed), and a gadgeteer VPP.

Well, so far you don't like nearly anything about the character build it seems between all you want to drop here and the pheromones.

Sorry to hear it.

I was hoping the mention in Campaign use on how to make him less powerful particularly against female PCs would speak for itself. Reducing his Damage Reduction to 25% instead of getting rid of it entirely, that sort of thing. I DID consider making a further limitation that allowed ego rolls by enough on the part of the superheroine attacking to ignore the effect.

I may have to consider putting that in.

Instead of the transform being a power he carries around I sort of assumed it was something like Teleios' Immobile OAF lab equipment. A large VPP does seem more in keeping with the Mad Doctor concept. Either that or pour more of his points into the base, and have the transformational equipment be part of the base.

Not a great idea IMO. While the micro (or even nano tech) inside the bracer may seem a bit cheesy, this isn't just a mad scientist, he's a mad scientist who's delusions are very myth oriented, and half the time he himself sees his 'powers' as magic. The transformation of normal woman to heroic (instead of superheroic) levels should go pretty quickly, though yes, it should probably take longer to create a SUPER agent. Remember, he has 'regular troops', not just his super girls.

Needs Plot Hooks. I'm a little vague on why PC's would object to him if he just fritters away in his lab and... uh... well you know what else.

But he doesn't just want his girls to fritter around. He sends them on crimes, etc. His delusions and obsessions means he may indeed go out for one reason or another. I can post some plot seeds later.

I know you said that he's intended as being less than optimal, and that his super babes are the real fighters, but he hasn't quite got the OOMPH of even a midgrade master villain. I'd bump up the power of the scepter and improve his Find Weakness ability. Maybe give him a boost to PRE for attacks only as the "Alpha Male" power?

Depends a lot on what you consider a midgrade villain. He could clean the clock of most Nest Leaders, but yes, he'd get his butt handed to him by a lot of others.

Higher PRE would definitely be a possibility, as would the FW improvement.

I'm pretty sure you should drop the vulnerability to Mental Illusions, since a PC mentalist is going to clean his clock if you don't. Just doesn't seem right for even a low grade master villain to have such a vulnerability.

That's if they discover it. They might eventually, and if they do, that's a lucky break for them. It fits his character that his frequent delusions allow some chance of working against him in the hands of a mentalist who can shape and craft hallucinations for him.

He needs something else. Something to distinguish him a bit more from Teleios, but I don't have any good suggestions off the top of my head. Some additional goal, some bit of history, a dark secret, a rivalry. Agh, it's going to bother me until I can come up with a better suggestion.

I think the token he carries with him into the field (When he goes out) is one thing we want to keep partially BECAUSE it helps separate him from Teleios (That and , of course, the fact that Teleios is a monster who sends his creations screaming back into the vats to be destroyed when he's done with them). As for goals, currently his crusade to aid women is rough, I'll admit, but I was hoping the vagueness would also make tailoring it to fight a campaign easier.

Darn it. Didn't have that so didn't even know there was one. :(

This character is only similar on a very basic level (Same name, uses female henchman that's about it). The style, mood and overall feel of the characters is completely different.