Adonis and his ladies (New Mastermind and henchwomen)

Hermit

Re: Adonis and his ladies (New Mastermind and henchwomen)

Okay, I'm gearing up to use Adonis and his ladies in my campaign today, and to that end was writing up Kyu-To (since I didn't have the official Hermit version ;) ). I just thought I'd share a few of my thoughts (don't have time to put in my full writeup).

Thinking about her being younger, and presumably a bit shorter, plus her martial arts skills (with associated MA weapons), I decided to take a page from Marvel's Dr. Henry Pym. I made her a shrinker (only down to about 7" tall, or doll-sized), with the additional ability to shrink and unshrink her weapons. So hidden on her person are tiny katanas, nunchaku, bo staffs (actually, she wears them as hair sticks), war fans, etc., all in a Multipower for her to unshrink at will. So she has a rather lethal charm bracelet...

I doubt this is the direction that Hermit was going to go, but just thought I'd share my idea with y'all.

Attached are the pics I plan to use for Glamazon and Kyu-To. Found both on Deviant Art's website.

Wish me luck tonight.

Awwww. Didn't cha' like any of the ones I wrote up? :(

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I love the guy. In a macho platonic wingman kind of way, of course.

And I really like the build for him Hermit, the Aphrodite Trinket is pretty cool.

I also like the adventure seeds.

Basically I'm fanboying all over this.

...I'll clean up. :o

Good job man :thumbup:

My current "master of the genetic arts"...calls himself the High King. He's a darker version of Adonis here. First off, he never felt inferior. He's always thought he was better than everyone else. He has perfected his health and corrected a few minor defects, but he looks like an incredibly fit man in his 70's...like Marvel's Vulture with a full head of hair and flawless skin. He wears a suit of armor devised by himself and one of his underlings. He has attempted to create a harem of superpowered love slaves but he either hasn't developed pheromones or feels they are beneath him. The High King generally targets women he's admired from adult entertainment, gentleman's clubs, or the like.

Many have left his service as he tries standard control methods (ie coercion, bribery, brainwashing, etc) and these don't always hold up once the woman in question gets superpowers.

Now the High King is not as successful a mastervillain as his predecessor was; he was once the "Right Hand Man" of a master geneticist known as Doctor Helix. Dr. Helix was 2 parts Telios, One part Marvel's Power Broker, and one Part The Master (also from Marvel). He had three top assistants, the future High King, a woman who simply was called Ms Crimson, and a long time friend/assistant Dr Brutus.

High King eventually made a power play and killed his mentor. He totally overestimated his "hold" on Ms Crimson and Dr. Brutus; they both attacked him and he barely escaped the compound with his life. Ms Crimson eventually took the mantle of Dr. Helix; Dr. Brutus went solo as well. They both constantly work to undermine the High King.

If'n anyone's interested, here's how I built up Adonis' transformation of women. I'd build these into a lab in his base, and structured it so that Adonis and his girls would have to do unethical or even illegal things to get the expensive stuff they need to transform more women and maintain their own transformations.

It's also arranged around one of the scenario suggestions. Where a female DNPC needs some form of medical help that only Adonis can provide. This system will heal everything from physical trauma to missing limbs and organs, but the DNPC would also be altered in both appearance and personality. Could a PC deal with his bookish and modest wife turning into a devastatingly gorgeous sexpot? Does he dare leave her in Adonis' hands for the full one week recovery time while he runs off to save the world?

The Transformation: (Total: 265 Active Cost, 23 Real Cost)

Bring out your inner beauty: Minor Physical Transform 9d6 (Make any woman more attractive and physically fit, Healed by a year or so without maintenance) (90 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Day, -4), OAF - Regeneration Pod and lab equipment Immobile Fragile (-2 1/4), Gradual Effect (1 Week; -2), 16 Charges - Rare and expensive chemicals and materials (Recovers Under Limited Circumstances; -1/2), No Range (-1/2), Limited Power - "Victim" must be compliant or unconscious and in pod for entire day (-1/2), All Or Nothing (-1/2) (Real Cost: 8)

plus

No more hang-ups: Major Mental Transform 6d6 (Alter disadvantages to make a woman a confident and sensual version of herself, Healed by repeated psychological stress or "deprogramming") (90 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Day, -4), OAF - Regeneration Pod and lab equipment Immobile Fragile (-2 1/4), Gradual Effect (1 Week; -2), 16 Charges - Rare and expensive chemicals and materials (Recovers Under Limited Circumstances; -1/2), All Or Nothing (-1/2), Limited Power "Victim" must be compliant or unconscious (-1/2), No Range (-1/2), Linked (Bring out your inner beauty; -1/2) (Real Cost: 8)

plus

Heal your scars and wounds: Healing BODY 8d6, Can Heal Limbs (85 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Day, -4), OAF - Regeneration Pod and lab equipment Immobile Fragile (-2 1/4), Gradual Effect (1 Week; -2), 16 Charges - Rare and expensive chemicals and materials (Recovers Under Limited Circumstances; -1/2), Linked (Bring out your inner beauty; -1/2), Others Only (-1/2), Limited Power Only vs. an unconscious or willing women who must stay in pod (-1/2), All Or Nothing (-1/2) (Real Cost: 7)

At first I tried to work up an additional Transform called "A Jewel in the Rough" for his supergirls. If you're feeling that fussy about it it's a similar transform, but with only 1 charge that's much mroe difficult to get and unique to each woman fixed. The transform was something like "Change a woman with lesser or malfunctioning superpowers into a full 200+150 base superhuman. But that particular alteration seemed more like something to just "handwave" on a case-by-case basis. Adonis could be assumed to pay for those as followers.

So for example, if Adonis were to recruit a bitter and scarred female police bomb squad officer who'd lost her hand and gotten horribly scarred in the line of duty he'd need to have her volunteer to lie quietly in one of the pods for a full day while he tended to the process personally. At the end of it, he'd have to do enough transform to fully heal her wounds, alter her personality, and enhance her body for it to work.

If it did she'd change her psychs around so she was fiercely loyal to and protective of Adonis, still distrustful of authority, gain distinctive features for being gorgeous, and maybe a hunted. In exchange for the new disads she'd get a boost to her PRE, COM, and other stats and have access to the Girl Commando Armory.

------

Speaking of, I think this might be a more "theme" and amusing way to do his followers and base if you're interested Hermit. It's less points efficient, but since he's an NPC I don't see how it matters as much as something descriptive.

55 Super Babes: Up to eight 200 base + 150 in disads Followers

35 Girl Commandos: Sixteen 75 base + 75 in disads Followers

25 Sexy Scientists: Four 75 base + 75 in disads Followers

40 Boy Toys: Four "bio-replicants" built on 150+150

50 250 point Super Sensual Secret Headquarters

The super babes are a bit of a cheat, because they're not the same, but most masterminds don't pay points for these folks at all! The Boy Toys I envisioned as both security and amusement for the girls. Big androids who look like romance novel cover models. Adonis is, after all, only one man among nearly thirty women.

Some plot seeds for

Adonis

2) The Dangers of Macho Beer- Beer commercials often play on rough humor, sex appeal, and unrealistic situations...no harm, no foul. But when Macho Beer discovers that it isn't selling among women, it decides it can't alienate them much further anyway, so begins a campaign of commercials that goes beyond (in the view of many) the pale, hinting that wife and girl friend abuse can be funny, and telling how REAL men do two things- Keep their b*****s in line, and they drink MACHO beer! Sadly, it seems 'no press is bad press' and sales go up. Deciding to take a page out of another villains hand book, Adonis has his women infiltrate the factory, and adds a secret ingredient to all shipments of MACHO Beer... twenty four hours after drinking it, any man begins convulsing violently, and within an hour...his XY turns into an XX, the man has become a woman right down to the cellular level. Hundreds maybe changed before Adonis hits the airwaves and explains just how this is happening, and why. There is a way to reverse it, but he will only release it if MACHO beer closes down forever, and pays $30 million dollars. He wants to buy his girls some nice things and maybe donate the rest to various feminist organizations (Who will no doubt have mixed feelings about the source of the donation)

I think this would be even more entertaining if he flipped the biological switches that controlled sex drive or even sexual orientation. One can imagine a whole rogues gallery of villains from Bulldozer to Holocaust going on drunken rampages and beer gutted rednecks having to be talked down from the tops of buildings. (NOTE: The jury's out on whether there actually IS a biological cause for this, but this is comics.)

There might even be an appearance of the Fabulous Flaming Foxbat!

55 Super Babes: Up to eight 200 base + 150 in disads Followers

35 Girl Commandos: Sixteen 75 base + 75 in disads Followers

25 Sexy Scientists: Four 75 base + 75 in disads Followers

40 Boy Toys: Four "bio-replicants" built on 150+150

{snip}

The super babes are a bit of a cheat, because they're not the same,

Nope. You can buy different Followers together, so long as you pay for all of them at the cost for the most expensive. Actually, you have 8+16+4+4=32, so you can buy them all together as:

65 Followers: (up to) 32 built on no more than 200 base + up to 150 in Disadvantages

:winkgrin:

I'm bummed. While I did introduce Adonis in the news, the actual confrontation between the PCs and Adonis' ladies didn't take place (at least, yet). The players decided to follow a totally different set of plot threads, so we never got to the museum robbery where the ladies were doing a little Christmas shopping for Adonis. :(

I'm bummed. While I did introduce Adonis in the news' date=' the actual confrontation between the PCs and Adonis' ladies didn't take place (at least, yet). The players decided to follow a totally different set of plot threads, so we never got to the museum robbery where the ladies were doing a little Christmas shopping for Adonis. :([/quote']

Players, what can you do? :)

Christmas vacation dragged me away. Thanks to Gmurie and others who have contributed. If I seemed ingrateful, my apologies.

Players, what can you do? :)

Christmas vacation dragged me away. Thanks to Gmurie and others who have contributed. If I seemed ingrateful, my apologies.

Aww that's OK, we forgive you! Here's another superbabe to show there's no hard feelings! :bounce:

Talion

QUOTE: "Be careful Adonis. We don't want you getting hurt!"

Val Char Cost

15/25 STR 5

14/24 DEX 12

13/23 CON 6

10 BODY 0

23 INT 13

10 EGO 0

18 PRE 8

28 COM 9

5/27 PD 2

5/27 ED 2

3/5 SPD 6

6/10 REC 0

40/60 END 0

30/40 STUN 5

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

3"/5" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 68

Cost Power

47 Suit Weapons Systems: Multipower, 70-point reserve, (70 Active Points); all slots OIF (-1/2)

3u 1) Servo Boost: +45 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (67 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2)

5u 2) Sonic Blasts: EB 11d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (69 Active Points)

3u 3) Electro Gauntlet: EB 7d6, NND (ED Force Field; +1) (70 Active Points); No Range (-1/2)

5u 4) Laser: RKA 3d6-1, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Armor Piercing (+1/2) (70 Active Points)

15 Flight Jets: Flight 11" (22 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

20 Sexy Battle Armor: Armor (10 PD/10 ED) (30 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

11 Sexy Battle Armor: LS (Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Self-Contained Breathing) (16 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

7 Sight Group Flash Defense (11 points) (11 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

7 Hearing Group Flash Defense (11 points) (11 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

8 HRRP (Radio Group) (12 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

10 Radar (Radio Group) (15 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

3 IR Perception (Sight Group) (5 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

2 Ultrasonic Perception (Hearing Group) (3 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

Characteristic Increases

7 1) +10 STR (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

20 2) +10 DEX (30 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

13 3) +10 CON (20 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

7 4) +10 PD (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

7 5) +10 ED (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

7 6) +1 SPD (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

5 7) +14 END (7 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

Powers Cost: 212

Cost Skill

9 +3 with Armor MPP

3 Armorsmith 12- (14-)

3 Computer Programming 14-

3 Cryptography 14-

3 Electronics 14-

3 Inventor 14-

3 KS: Power Armor Technology 14-

3 KS: Weapons Technology 14-

3 KS: The Superhuman World 14-

0 Language: Hindi (idiomatic; literate) (5 Active Points)

4 Language: English (completely fluent; literate)

3 Mechanics 14-

3 PS: Engineer 14-

3 PS: Research Scientist 14-

3 SS: Chemistry 14-

3 SS: Neurochemistry 14-

3 SS: High Energy Physics 14-

3 Security Systems 14-

3 Systems Operation 14-

3 Weaponsmith 14-

6 WF: Beam Weapons, Energy Weapons, Small Arms

Skills Cost: 70

Pts. Disadvantage

10 Distinctive Features: Drop Dead Gorgeous (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

20 Hunted: UNTIL 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

10 Hunted: Various power armor or super scientist criminals she's attacked 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)

15 Psychological Limitation: Hates other power armor users (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Protective of Adonis and the other girls (Common, Strong)

20 Psychological Limitation: Meticulous and Careful Planner, gets upset and retreats if plans go awry. (Very Common, Strong)

15 Reputation: Dangerous Vigilante, among power armor users, 14- (Extreme; Known Only To A Small Group)

15 Unluck: 3d6

20 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Electrical or Magnetic Attacks (Common)

10 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Sonic Attacks (Uncommon)

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Total Character Cost: 350

Background: Talion is the first woman that Adonis has ever changed, and the first woman to notice the inital stages of his own transformation. They both worked at the same UNTIL research facility, when he was just Doctor Dennis Meager and she was just Professor Parvani Asthana, or the accursed one as she'd come to be known in the power armor research community.

Parvani was, and still is, one of the foremost power armor researchers in the world. Something that few people could recognize, because her involvement in any project was like a black curse. It's fair to say that until she met Dennis Meager she'd gotten the worst end of just about every power armor villain and gadgeteer for over a decade. It started with Armadillo; she was one of the leads on that project, and it was her first. But then it went on from employer to employer and project to project. If she was involved in power armor research then someone would steal it and start knocking over banks and hurting people. If someone in a power suit has stolen, vandalized, killed, or if a research project gets raided then Professor Parvani Asthana was involved at least half of the time. By the time Dennis Meager met her she had a chip on her shoulder a mile high, and burn scars and a missing hand from that time the Ultimates raided her lab.

It was on one of their first (and awkward since his transformation to Adonis was just starting) dates that Parvani and Dennis ended up as bystanders to a battle between the Champions and GRAB. Parvani was fatally wounded by stray fire from Bluejay and Defender (an accident of course) right in front of Dennis Meager just as he had made his final breakthrough in his Chrysalis treatment.

Her last word was, or would have been, "Typical..."

Without thinking through the consequences Dennis Meager rushed his dying date to his labs and regenerated her wounds. Better, he grew her back her arm, healed her scars, made her beautiful, and altered her brain chemistry so she would no longer seethe quietly away in obscurity. She was Talion now, vengeance made flesh, and my goodness quite attractive too.

Together, the two of them forged new identities, stole equipment, and built the start of a criminal organization. If, in the meantime, Parvani could get a bit of justly earned retribution so much the better!

Personality/ Motivation: Talion still has a chip on her shoulder a mile high, but she's more open and direct in confronting her hatred. In fact, she's something of an unholy terror among power armor users and super scientists. Her primary motivation is in protecting Adonis and the other girls. She remembers Dennis Meager as he was, and she knows that he needs her help and protection. More so than anyone else Talion is the mother hen of Adonis' little enterprise.

Talion wants revenge against everyone who's ever hurt her. That means just about any power armor user who's stolen their equipment, or any villain that makes a habit of attacking high tech research projects. When she's not developing weapons to attack people of that type, she's collecting information about them, or actively hunting them down. So far, she's only knocked them out, torn apart their armor, and left them badly mauled but alive for the police to collect.

Powers/Tactics: Most of Talion's powers derive from her suit of high tech power armor that she's built for herself. She could make the suit even more powerful by adding to its bulk, but she quite enjoys showing off her new figure, so the suit is as form fitting as possible. With Adonis' help Talion has made a novel biotech breakthrough. Her nervous system plugs into the suit in a more intimate way than these devices normally do. The suit becomes an extension of her own body, so she gets figured ability scores, and the suit's weapon systems draw from her personal END reserve. In the suit she can fly, has a few different weapon systems to draw on, and has enhanced defenses and senses.

In combat she prefers to attack power armor users and gadgeteers. She's convinced that those people have wronged her at some time in the past. Her weapon systems have been specifically designed to attack these foes, since most of them are vulnerable to sonic or electrical attacks like she is. She fights conservatively and carefully. She knows that anything she does may go horribly wrong at any moment (her unluck), so she plans for it.

Campaign Use: Talion is intended to be the "smart one" in any operation involving Adonis and his ladies. If you also add Cyberia to a particular enterprise and leave out more erratic members like Naiad it will be difficult for heroes to get the drop on them. She's the "mother hen" of the group, and will protect the group's other members and team up on single heroes with one or more of the other super babes.

To make her more powerful (and if you enhance any super babe it should be Talion first) enhance her ability scores both in and out of the armor, and increase the size of her Multipower and the number of weapons in it. If any heroes have Vulnerabilities or Susceptibilities that Talion could find out about, at some point she'll build a weapon to counteract it. If that's still not enough buy off her vulnerabilities and unluck.

To make Talion less powerful make her armor work more like "traditional" power armor with an endurance reserve and no figured stats on STR, DEX, and CON. This will force you to reduce her ability scores, and you should also drop the STR boost from her MPP.

Yeah, I'm like that. Not so great at following through with my own ideas, but sometimes things that other people come up with inspire me. I didn't mean to steal your thunder, or imply that your Japanese schoolgirl was in any way inferior to my Japanese schoolgirl. I just got hit with the image of a slight four foot tall schoolgirl picking up a tank or pounding the bejeezus out of Bulldozer and the inspiration took me. It became impossible NOT to write the character.

Already halfway through my own version of a dominatrix. Lets hear it for self-control!

You know, if you're willing maybe we could combine efforts here. I've got some graphic design knowhow, so we could put it all together as a PDF or something. The super sexy source book...

Also, if Adonis' women all have backgrounds like I've written he wouldn't need much (if anything) in the way of mind control powers. They'd be more than willing to do whatever he wants in exchange for the gifts he's given them. In fact, you'd have to work pretty hard to show how he's a bad person for what he does. It'd be interesting to see how a group of players reacts to him.

My Japanese schoolgirl is better than your Japanese schoolgirl?

Oh, man this is a conversation for geeks. :D

Great thread.

Can Flesh Gordon be his arch enemy?

(Flesh, of course, never realizes this; he believes Adonis is a dude whose pad he crashes at now and then; think one of those comedies where a house guest just won't leave.) :D

Yeah, one of mine (frosty Bob) would go well having to "fight" these ladies.

:D

Note: Though I have a feeling he will lose on purpose. :rolleyes:

you scare me. You know why. Nice write up.

I have no idea what you're talking about actually. In what way am I scary? :ugly::idjit::nonp:

Amazon

Val Char Cost

40 STR 30

26 DEX 48

23 CON 26

14 BODY 8

13 INT 3

8 EGO -4

20 PRE 10

26 COM 8

10/18 PD 2

10/18 ED 5

6 SPD 24

13 REC 0

46 END 0

46 STUN 0

11" RUN 10

2" SWIM 0

12" LEAP 4

Characteristics Cost: 174

Cost Power

Precognative Powers + High Tech Shield

25 1) Sixth Sense: Danger Sense (immediate vicinity, out of combat, Function as a Sense, Intuitional) 15-

15 2) A step ahead: +3 with DCV

13 3) Predictive Shield Block: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack) (20 Active Points); OIF - Shield (-1/2)

12 4) Shield is always there: Armor (8 PD/8 ED) (24 Active Points); OIF - Shield (-1/2), Restrainable (-1/2)

11 5) Precognitive Clairsentience (Sight Group, Normal Hearing And Danger Sense) (50 Active Points); NCC - Power works at random (-2), Precognition Only (-1), Vague and Unclear (-1/2)

22 High Tech Spears: Multipower, 45-point reserve, (45 Active Points); all slots OAF (-1)

2u 1) HKA 2d6 (4d6 w/STR) (vs. PD), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (45 Active Points)

2u 2) HA +6d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (45 Active Points); HA (-1/2)

1u 3) RKA 3d6 (vs. ED) (45 Active Points); 4 Recoverable Charges (-1/2), Lockout (Other slots in MPP unusable if all charges used; -1/2)

Powers Cost: 103

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver

4 Jab: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +0 DCV, 10d6 Strike

5 Roundhouse: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, 12d6 Strike

4 Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort

3 Clench/Limb Lock: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, 50 STR for holding on

3 Judo Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, 8d6 +v/5, Target Falls

Martial Arts Cost: 19

Cost Skill

15 +3 with HTH Combat

3 Breakfall 14-

3 Climbing 14-

3 Hoist 12-

5 KS: Athletics, Sports, and Atheletes 14-

3 KS: The Martial World 12-

3 Paramedics 12-

3 PS: Athelete (DEX-based) 14-

3 PS: Physical Therapist (INT-based) 12-

3 Stealth 14-

3 Streetwise 13-

3 Teamwork 14-

4 WF: Common Melee Weapons, Common Missile Weapons

Skills Cost: 54

Pts. Disadvantage

15 DF: Seven Foot Tall African Amazon Queen (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

10 Enraged: If beaten, humiliated, or disrespected (Common), go 8-, recover 14-

15 Hunted: PSI 8- (As Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)

15 Hunted: Any one martial artist or brick she's recently defeated 8- (As Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)

5 Phys. Lim.: Unusually tall, has trouble using items scaled for normal people (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)

15 Phys. Lim.: Requires specialized medical care and maintenance (Infrequently, Fully Impairing)

20 Psych. Lim.: Super Competative (Very Common, Strong)

15 Psych. Lim.: Arrogant (Very Common, Moderate)

15 Psych. Lim.: Absolutely Controlled by Premonitions (Uncommon, Total)

10 Reputation: Violent Drug Abusing Meta Gladiator, 8- (Extreme)

15 Soc. Lim.: Public ID (Frequently, Major)

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Total Character Cost: 350

BACKGROUND: Mary Jackson was a former college room mate of Parvani Asthana (who became Talion), and a superlative athelete. She tried to champion women's boxing and ultimate fighting leagues, but was never able to make much headway in the male dominated sports world. Bitter and angry, she turned to using steroids and other enhancements to compete directly against men, and was caught. Disgraced, and abandoned by her sponsors, she got swept up into illeagal street fighting, and then metahuman pit fighting as her martial skills proved up to the challenge.

However, Mary's competative personality was always against her. As soon as she went up the ladder at metahuman and no rules pit fighting she ended up meeting her match. Then it was impossible for her not to use metagene therapy and meta street drugs to make herself even stronger. The final solution was to seek out PSI, or at least get a batch of PSI serum to see if that would give her the edge she needed.

The PSI serum did work, but to a point, but Mary suffered a horrible reaction due to her previous use of a performance enhancing metadrugs. PSI abandoned her despite evidence of a mild precognative ability. Talion (Parvani Asthana) had found out what happened to her old friend, and was able to persuade Adonis to invest a lot of resources and effort into fixing Mary's problems. Mary assumed that she'd be able to carry on afterwards like before, but she's now Adonis' African Amazon Queen. In large part because her precognative visions force her to believe it's where she's needed to help save the world.

PERSONALITY/MOTIVATION: Mary's primary motivation is to show up other people, mostly other atheletes and martial artists, but if someone else in combat shows her up she won't rest until she's proven herself the winner. Were it not for Adonis' hold over her, Mary would be back to working as a metahuman gladiator full time instead of as a side job. Mary is still agressive and assertive, but her powers of precognition have had an unexpected side effect. Mary can see the consequences of her actions (in an unreliable and unclear way) mapped out before her, and for some reason she's certain that she has to protect and aid Adonis.

POWERS/TACTICS: Even before she subjected herself to damaging treatments like steroids, growth hormones, stimulants, and metahuman derived drugs Mary was a superlative athelete and martial artist. Years of fighting as a metahuman gladiator only honed and increased those powers. Right up until she crippled herself by stacking the PSI serum on top of all that. Adonis has fixed the damage to Mary's body, and she's now superhumanly strong and tough. In addition, she has precognative powers that make her difficult to hit or sneak up on. It can even be difficult to bait her into a trap, because her precognition may alert her to the danger.

Amazon is a careful and methodical opponent, and knows how to camp her levels on DCV, choose opponents, and hold actions. She prefers to coordinate attacks with allies and bait opponents into rash attacks she can block and then retaliate against. Note that she does not have a weapon element with her spear, so she can elect to do a 14d6 HA with the spear haft or 4d6 RKA with the blade, or use normal martial arts moves.

CAMPAIGN USE: Amazon shows that there may be some good to Adonis. He's deranged, but at heart a decent person. Amazon's insistance that he must survive for the good of everyone might give people pause if they realize the nature of her powers. Apart from that she's also one of the most independant of his girls, and might turn up anywhere. From participating in illeagal metahuman cage fights to helping Captain Chronos on his odd quests.

If a PC humiliates Amazon in combat she'll hunt that hero until she in turn wins against that person. She'll hunt any martial artist or weapon master that's famous or brags a lot.

To increase Amazon's power give her weapon element martial arts with her spear. She'll do a TREMENDOUS amount of damage if that option is allowed to her. If she needs more power still give her more combat levels and add to her suite of precognative powers. You could also add more slots to the spear MPP to create "trick" spears that have Entangles, AOES, and Flashes built into them. To decrease her power reduce her primary stats (STR, DEX, CON) and remove the PER bonus on her Danger Sense.

APPEARANCE: Mary is a very muscular, yet still womanly, seven foot tall black woman. Like most of the super babes, she wears scanty costumes. Usually something like a gymnast's leotard with tribal elaborations. She carries a shield and spears that look like high tech Zulu weapons. They are too heavy for anyone weaker than herself to use in combat.

• 1 year later...
Guest Major Tom

This actually appeared in another thread first, on supervillain lairs, but I thought I'd repost it, and perhaps flesh it out if there was interest, and for my own use as well.

Short sum up, Adonis is not the greatest genetics expert on Earth . That title would seem to fall either to Teleios or whoever it was who helped Teleios BECOME Teleios. However, Adonis -is- in the top five. Once an insecure man with numerous physical imperfections, in his mind he felt even more inadequate. When he found a breakthrough in remaking himself, he took it.

Now, a walking paragon of sex appeal, his mind is a bit unhinged. Obsessed with women, though having definite lines he won't cross, he has ambitions of assembling an all female army to carry out his many schemes, his only reason? "Bad girls are SO Sexy, don't you think?" Using his genetic experiments, he can easily turn even ordinary women to seem younger, more beautiful, and far more athletic even if not superpowered per se. Superpowers he can also arrange, but it takes longer, and might not work on everyone. Still, he has no need to force anyone. Many women would give anything to be young, beautiful, and strong, and his own natural charms (pheromones as well) encourage loyalty and interest.

Adonis' Lair was once a regular if somewhat remote church, but was badly damaged by an arsonist. Adonis bought the land, and restructured the building to house his troops, and his personal henchwomen. Occasionally, Adonis grows confused, and fancies himself Aphrodite's lover or champion and his place a temple to her. If any of the old myths notice him, they haven't shown it.

Room Descriptions- First Floor

Chamber of Beauty- What was once the church sanctuary has been revamped to be filled with trees (The roof is transparent plastic that allows sunlight but is stronger than steel), paintings adorn the walls, and statues that are very lovely.

The statues are also deadly. Lined with hidden cameras, recorders, and weaponry, any intruders may find an array of dartguns, lasers, and gas projecting weaponry. The weapons are less lovely, at least once they come into operation.

During the daylight hours, the ladies often lounge here, soaking up the atmosphere. If it weren't for the fact some will be carrying blasters, one might think Hugh Hefner had rented the spot out.

The Guard Station- Overlooking the Chamber of Beauty, and checking monitors, the personnel in this room are ALWAYS on duty, fully armed, and usually quite alert. One way shaded glass makes it likely they will see any intruders before the intruders see them.

Barracks-Barracks are scattered throughout the top level of the base. The number of bunks vary, depending on the size of the individual rooms, but Adonis has tried to make sure the ladies who serve him so loyally have more room than some hapless VIPER grunts. The interiors are more luxurious as well, many of the ladies having satin sheets (A common item for bulk theft) on their bunk beds. The bullet proof lingerie is not to be missed.

Rest Rooms- Yes, there are a lot of them, but remember, there is normally only one male in the entire base. No urinals will be found, and the seats are ALWAYS down. Any intruding superhero who leaves one up may trigger a few enrages.

Super Sexy Armory- This is not the only place where weapons are stored, but it it holds the most of them, so gets dubbed the armory. The south wall has numerous rifles (Blasters) lined up against it, the north wall has mostly hand blasters, the west has grenades and heavier weapons still, including two femme bots always on duty. The room is, after all, too important to leave unguarded.

Rec Room- The Rec Room is, of course, for recreations. The ladies play a mean game of pool, and there is more than one table here for card games. Some pinball machines and arcade games are on the side walls. A high definition HDTV wide screen and some chairs are littered about in one area. Some ladies come here to enjoy reading and tea, but most prefer other, quieter locations for that.

Sauna-Just what it says, a sauna. Exactly why it ended up hooked up to the Rec room instead of other areas that might have suited it better is unclear. The ladies like to joke that Adonis just adores having women walking around in towels, bikinis, or less.

The Dining Area- While not large enough to seat all the women at the Temple so they can eat at once, shifts work fine and the ladies have flexible schedules. Numerous smaller tables that can be easily pushed together to create bigger ones are the norm here. Music is usually playing in the background at a soft volume.

Kitchen-Access to this room can be found from both the hall and the Dining area. State of the art kitchen ware can be found here that would make Betty Crocker envious. Three of the ladies are highly proficient cooks, and, it turns out, skilled in knife fighting. Why? Adonis finds the mix...appealing.

The lift- The main way up and down, the lift (Adonis isn't British, he just thinks it sounds sexier than 'elevator') is pretty darn strong. The elevator itself may look like glass, but it is the same steel hard plastic as is found in other places, and the cables are titanium. A six digit code (Changed every week) is required to use it even when no trouble is expected, though it also responds to Adonis' voice (Something a skilled mimic might take advantage of). The lift , at least on the top floor, is located outside the kitchen area.

Sexy Labs 1 and 2-Adonis is still a scientist (As are some of his followers) and is always looking for new ways to refine his formulas. Lab 1 is more chemistry and physics oriented, where as Lab 2 is heavier on biology and genetics. Lab coats that just scream "Brainy girls are sexy" are mandatory to the troops when they work here. Once more, state of the art equipment is to be found. While it may be hard for heroes to accept, Adonis does take his science seriously, and believes the techs and scientists under him deserve PROPER working materials.

Sensuous Weapon Research- Much like the labs, this is a place for experimentation, but it is far more enforced. Weapons may also be found here, but many are still in the experimental stage. A targeting range of sorts is here, but mostly the ladies set up something in the field for that.

Med Bay and Salon-Whether you need a new hair style or have a hairline fracture, want a cat scan or a pedicure, this is the place to go. Split into two main areas, there is little of the 'cold and antiseptic' feel even in the medical section even though, of course, it is sanitary. It is warm, inviting, and the magazines? They're always current!

The med bay area has some pin ups of attractive men who are underclad displayed in framed pictures on the wall... "for anatomy study purposes, of course" claim Doctors Sugar Wiseman, and Jennifer D'Mour.

Dojo and Gym- With modular framing that can shift the layout and the equipment, this is the place the ladies practice their hand to hand techniques, exercise, and sometimes compete. Many a male hero investigating the place has decided the bikini volleyball training definitely required 'further investigation'.

Communications and Computers- Also jokingly referred to as "The hook up" room, this area is both the computer lab and monitors transmissions in the area. Programs search any incoming media for keywords like 'superhero' and such, the better to learn who might be stopping him from 'providing for the ladies'.

Room Descriptions-Basement/Underground

The walls down here are of risque yet mostly tasteful depictions of the ancient world, many mythological figures displayed are locked in ardent passion.

The Lift- The lift lowers down into the southern part of the Chamber of Pleasure. This might seem to mean a constant intrusion on Adonis privacy, but he's anything but shy and doesn't want 'His girls' to feel cut off from him.

The Chamber of Pleasure- Waterfalls trickling into a natural looking pool, divans where one can lounge, and various other delights lay about. One can enjoy playing on the grand piano, or listening to whoever is performing on the small stage here live. In the North Western part of the Chamber is Adonis' suite, with a bed large enough to allow a half dozen women to lay about with him comfortably. The entire chamber sizzles with decadence that will likely offend the puritanical, and cause more hedonistic heroes to sigh enviously. The Chamber is almost never empty, even when not partaking of direct delights, Adonis enjoys merely watching the many examples of feminine beauty about him. Usually, at least one of his personal hench women will be here as well.

However, those ladies have their own boudoirs more suited to their personal tastes. Each of these rooms has its own rest room.

Mouser's Boudoir-Mouser is the obligatory cat girl. After all, Adonis was once quite the geek (and in some ways still is, he's just a geek with sex appeal and abs now). Mouser's room reflects its mistress' love of sensation and allows her feral instincts to be indulged. String like tassels section off parts of the room, the lights are dim, save for one area where an artificial sunbeam crackles down. An Aquarium with brightly colored fish is built into one of the walls to pleasantly tease the eye. Another wall, more secluded, has a Park Ranger hat hanging from it as well as a picture of a national forest, it doesn't seem to fit the rest of the room, but is probably a clue as to the woman Mouser once was.

Anyone asking where the litter box is gets a 2d6 AP HKA.

Kyu-To's Playroom- Playing the part of the Japanese School girl, Kyu-To looks deceptively like innocent jailbait. She's both older than she looks, and not innocent. Kyu-To holds multiple black belts in various martial arts (most of Japanese origin, of course) and is a deadly hand to hand opponent. The only clue her room provides to this is a small shrine in a corner, beside which hangs a naginata in a place of honor. The rest of the room is... well, just too cute for words really. Almost annoyingly cute, with angst reliant superheroes in danger of going into sugar shock should they spend too many phases here. Pink walls with Hello Kitty memorabilia is just the foundation.

Djinnie's Lamp- Persian carpet and furnishings help make room look a lot like the inside of a bottle or lamp from ancient Arabia. Djinnie is not a real Genie (Unless the GM wants her to be) but rather a teleporter with a smoke FX. Like Blink of the Justice Squadron, she can summon objects to her from a great distance. Because of this, the closest are stocked FULL of stuff that might be useful on a heist or ambush. However, she tries to keep it mostly out of sight so it doesn't ruin the effect of decadence. Under the bed is a plain notebook with a collection of newspaper clippings. Most of the articles seem to relate to apparent suicides by Muslim (obviously of extreme branches) men who were suspected in connection with 'Honor Killings' or wife abuse. It would appear said men fell from great heights, or were found in the ocean.

The smoke clears quickly, it seems.

Whipgloss' Chamber- The Whipwielding Whipgloss prefers dark red and jet black in both her costume, and her boudoir. The skilled dominatrix has ... numerous toys and paraphernalia on the side wall, most too risque to mention here. The scent of leather is everywhere. A collection of whips also serves as instantly accessible weaponry for the low grade tactile telekinetic, and her powers combine with prowess to make her very dangerous once armed.

A jewelry box on one dresser has, at the base of it, a wedding ring, rather plain compared to the fancier jewelry it is buried under.

Glamazon's Bedroom- Tall, beautiful and athletic in appearance without being overly muscled, the buxom brickette who dwells here can more than hold her own in a fight, so doesn't normally bother locking her door. More 'mainstream' than the others ( though definitely leaning towards a 'club goer' or 'party girl' motif), her room has a decor that might seem the most normal to any spying heroes. A clothes horse, Glamazon has a wide selection of clothing, most of it reinforced to with stand rough wear. She has over ten costumes currently, and isn't likely to stop trying new ones. In her bathroom, her tub is extra large, and for some reason, has hand rails.

That Empty Room - That's for any GM to add in the sixth sexy sterotype member that Adonis has managed to empower and win over that suits you. He's far more concerned with indulging his whim than with having a tactically balanced team so don't worry if it powers of this sixth lady in his service overlap with one (or more) of the other five. I leave the many choices to your own imaginations. Of course, one could really have it BE empty, and then run an adventure involving Adonis trying to recruit someone who is an ideal candidate. Perhaps a DNPC of a PC, or even a female PC who already has powers.

-------

Yes, I know I'm probably going to heck for this :o

This just came to me when I tried to think how some geeks might use knowledge like Teleois if they had it. Viola, inspiration; albeit, somewhat juvenile inspiration. If preferred, one could easily reverse things and have a female geneticist turned megababe creating her own collection of beefcake supervillains to serve her plans.

the map layout for this base is here:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25758&d=1189671595

I just took a look at the base for Adonis and his entourage, and I was wondering

what the scale was on the floor plans (how many feet to the inch, etc.), as there isn't any listed on them.

Major Tom :confused:

Guest Major Tom

I seem to recall there being a thread that had the writeup for the character of

Candy Striper here on the boards, but I can't find it. Can someone point it out

to me?

Adonis needs one henchwoman that's more than she seems. She's just as manipulative as he is and is playing for for a sucker. Not nessecarily for a heroic purpose, maybe she's a Viper mole trying to attain his genetic augmentation tech or something similar but she's not the lackey she appears to be.

I can't write up and post a build since the base character is DOJ intellectual property, but how about Mechanon Mark XXXVI-XXIV-XXXVI, infiltrating Adonis' genetics program to learn from the failures rather than the successes and figure out new weaknesses of carbon-based life? I love the idea of a negligee-wearing fembot with Mechanon hiding inside its circuits. :D

Guest Major Tom

I can't write up and post a build since the base character is DOJ intellectual property' date=' but how about [b']Mechanon Mark XXXVI-XXIV-XXXVI[/b], infiltrating Adonis' genetics program to learn from the failures rather than the successes and figure out new weaknesses of carbon-based life? I love the idea of a negligee-wearing fembot with Mechanon hiding inside its circuits. :D

With that serial number, "she" will undoubtebly be designed to have Pamela Sue Anderson's external appearance (:love:) ...and programmed with Barb Wire's combat

skills (:eek:).

Major Tom :eg:

Here's one I made just tonight if you're interested:

TINKER

[b]Val	Char	Pts	Roll	Notes[/b]
15	STR	5	12-	Lift: 100 Kg; 2d6 [1]
18	DEX	24	13-	OCV: 6	/DCV: 6
15	CON	10	12-
10	BODY	0	11-
25	INT	15	14-	PER roll: 14-
15	EGO	10	12-	ECV: 5
15	PRE	5	12-	PRE Attack: 3d6
16	COM	3	12-

5	PD	2		Total: 16 PD (11 r PD)
5	ED	2		Total: 16 ED (11 r ED)
5	SPD	22		Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12
6	REC	0
30	END	0
30	STUN	4	[b]Total Characteristics Cost: 102[/b]

[b]Movement:[/b]		Running:	6”/12”

[b]Cost	Powers									END[/b]
77	[i]Shop Projects:[/i] Variable Power Pool (Gadget Pool) 60 base +30 control; 
Focus (minimum of IIF; -¼), Only Change In Lab (-½)				var
16	[i]Blaster Pistol:[/i] EB 8d6; OAF (-1), Beam (-¼), No KB (-¼),
4 Clips of 8 Charges (-0)							[8]
15	[i]Did She Just Hit Me With A Wrench?!:[/i] HA +6d6; OIF (any of her tools 
that’s hefty enough to use as a blunt instrument; -½), Hand-to-Hand Attack (-½), 
Limited Power (can only do the number of damage dice the particular tool 
used could reasonably do; -0)						3
[i]Martial Arts: Generic[/i]
[b]Maneuver	Phs	OCV	DCV	Effect[/b]
4	Block	½	+2	+2	Block, Abort
4	Dodge	½	—	+5	Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
5	Kick	½	-2	+1	7d6 Strike
4	Punch	½	+0	+2	5d6 Strike
3	Throw	½	+0	+1	3d6+v/5; Target Falls
11	[i]Armored Coveralls & Boots:[/i] Armor (8 PD/8 ED); OIF (-½), 12- Activation 
(Covers Hit Locations 7-18; -¾)						0
4	[i]Goggles:[/i] Armor (6 PD/6 ED); OAF (-1), 8- Activation 
(protects eyes only; -2)							0
5	[i]Goggles:[/i] Sight Group Flash Defense (10-points); OAF (-1)			0

[b]Perks[/b]
3	Contact: Parts & Materials Supplier 12-

[b]Talents[/b]
6	Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED)
5	Eidetic Memory

[b]Skills[/b]
10	[i]The Right Tools For The Right Jobs:[/i] +3 with Technical Skills; 
OIF (lots and lots of tools; -½)

3	Analyze Technology 14-
3	Bugging 14-
3	Combat Driving 13-
3	Computer Programming 14-
3	Demolitions 14-
3	Electronics 14-
3	Inventor 14-
5	Lockpicking 14-
3	Mechanics 14-
7	Power: Gadgeteer 16-
2	PS: Auto Mechanic 11-
2	PS: Drafting 11-
2	PS: Welding 11-
3	Security Systems 14-
3	System Operation 14-
6	WF: Common Melee, Common Missile, Small Arms
4	Weaponsmith 14- (Energy Weapons, Firearms)
3	Scientist
2	1) SS: Automotive Engineering 14-
2	2) SS: Chemistry 14-
2	3) SS: Computer Sciences 14-
2	4) SS: Metalurgy 14-
2	5) SS: Nanotechnology 14-
2	6) SS: Robotics 14-

[b]Total Powers & Skills Cost: 248[/b]
[b]Total Cost: 350[/b]

[b]200+	Disadvantages[/b]
20	Hunted: ARGENT 8- (More Powerful, NCI, Capture)
20	Hunted: PRIMUS 8- (More Powerful, NCI, Capture)
20	Psychological Limitation: Loves Adonis And Worries About His State Of 
Mental Health (Very Common, Strong)
10	Psychological Limitation: Methodical Planner & Organizer (Common, Moderate)
15	Psychological Limitation: Tries To Avoid Combat If She Can (Common, Strong)
10	Rivalry: Other Gadgeteer/”Wrench Wench” Types (PC or otherwise, 
humiliate/out do rival)
15	Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Stephaney "Stevie" Stillson) (Frequently, Major)
30	Vulnerability: 2x STUN from All Physical Attacks (Very Common)
10	Mystery Disadvantage (unknown at this time)

[b]Total Disadvantages: 350[/b]

I'll fill in her fluff text as time permits (with input from you, Hermit, if you wish). ;)

I just took a look at the base for Adonis and his entourage, and I was wondering

what the scale was on the floor plans (how many feet to the inch, etc.), as there isn't any listed on them.

The SEXY Size scale baby

Err, I mean, whatever works. I really hadn't decided when I tinkered with the layout. I would risk erring on the side of too big rather than too small, no point in having a gym with no room to move for example