Concubine Seeks New Position

Drhoz

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Concubine Seeks New Position

Quite. His pride may never allow him to take her back, and 3 is doing her best to make him jealous, but the result so far is all the sniping and cutting words between them.

Which is what makes this such a fascinating case study for us.

Here is a female bred to be a concubine for many generations, and trained to please males from birth.

So how is it that, instead of trying to give her owner a face-saving way to reclaim his property, she is deliberately antagonizing him? What is it that has gone wrong in her training that she falls into this self-defeating pattern that displeases her master and appears also to net no benefit to her, unless it is actually her intention to make it impossible to ever resume her place in the household of Vitus again?

Lucius Alexander

Above all, we hope to learn how to avoid triggering such patterns of self-sabatoge in Palindromedary Enterprises products

Which is what makes this such a fascinating case study for us.

Here is a female bred to be a concubine for many generations, and trained to please males from birth.

So how is it that, instead of trying to give her owner a face-saving way to reclaim his property, she is deliberately antagonizing him? What is it that has gone wrong in her training that she falls into this self-defeating pattern that displeases her master and appears also to net no benefit to her, unless it is actually her intention to make it impossible to ever resume her place in the household of Vitus again?

Lucius Alexander

Above all, we hope to learn how to avoid triggering such patterns of self-sabotage in Palindromedary Enterprises products

It puzzles Vitus too - he's beginning to suspect that having 3 along on the frontline against the demonic invasion of her homeworld was a mistake - she may have picked up something rather more disturbing than the clap...

It puzzles Vitus too - he's beginning to suspect that having 3 along on the frontline against the demonic invasion of her homeworld was a mistake - she may have picked up something rather more disturbing than the clap...

To Lucius Alexander:

Sir: please see attached intelligence.

Request permission to upgrade antidemonic and antimagical security when 3 is on premises."

To Lucius Alexander:

Sir: please see attached intelligence.

Request permission to upgrade antidemonic and antimagical security when 3 is on premises."

Granted. Although if there's anything wrong with her that the Alchemical Prophet didn't detect and nullify, I'm not sure our measures will either.

Lucius Alexander

Locking the barn door after the palindromedary is out

Granted. Although if there's anything wrong with her that the Alchemical Prophet didn't detect and nullify, I'm not sure our measures will either.

Lucius Alexander

Locking the barn door after the palindromedary is out

"Sir, could we ask Vitus for help or advice?"

# 895580691

"Sir, could we ask Vitus for help or advice?"

# 895580691

Maybe. I'll have to find someone totally expendable to go talk to him about it.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary says "I'm not dumb, I'm not expendable, and I'm not going."

It could be largely environmental too. On the Ka's world, she was treated quite well. All her needs met, not having to do any of the drudge work and respected (as much as concubine's were).

Then she's ripped out of this and sent to Earth. With Vitus, who spent most of his time working on spells etc, paid very little attention to her, expected her to do all the cooking and cleaning and other housework of the slum of a room he lived in and denied her to oppurtinity to do her job properly. Oh, and the almost being killed all the time and being forced to wear clothes. She was treated like dirt and not the lady that she is and she responded in like.

Of course, she also got a crash course on women's rights and the like from Felicity and her sister. And TV.

Now she's with The Spectre, she *is* treated like a lady. After all, he even bothered to give her a proper *name*, which is something the Ka and Vitus never bothered to do.

It could be largely environmental too. On the Ka's world, she was treated quite well. All her needs met, not having to do any of the drudge work and respected (as much as concubine's were).

Then she's ripped out of this and sent to Earth. With Vitus, who spent most of his time working on spells etc, paid very little attention to her, expected her to do all the cooking and cleaning and other housework of the slum of a room he lived in and denied her to oppurtinity to do her job properly. Oh, and the almost being killed all the time and being forced to wear clothes. She was treated like dirt and not the lady that she is and she responded in like.

Of course, she also got a crash course on women's rights and the like from Felicity and her sister. And TV.

Now she's with The Spectre, she *is* treated like a lady. After all, he even bothered to give her a proper *name*, which is something the Ka and Vitus never bothered to do.

nah, must be a convoluted plan by That Dark Power to drive Vitus to snapping point, so he can get the symbol of his power back from Vanished Aura.

Look at the evidence - That Power arranged events so that Vitus's adopted son was murdered by Scorpia, and witness the final dissolution of what remained of his home. That Dark Power was simultaneously invading the Tanashim homeworld, and Vitus was called in to frustrate that effort (with what Vitus is beginning to consider suspicious ease). 3 was on the frontlines, as an expendable magical relay between the front and the Ka's palace. And far from being angry with Vitus, the Dark Power has been making overtures of a deal, whenever Vitus is most enraged with his teammates and Earth....

*squints suspiciously at the GM* I'm starting to suspect he may have planned all this in advance...

"Forced to wear clothes." Does that mean she went around naked alla time as a concubine on Ka's world? And with 31 PRE and 32 COM that makes her a "human" WMD (Woman of Mass Distraction).

Time for a cold shower, methinks, until the images go away. :D

"Forced to wear clothes." Does that mean she went around naked alla time as a concubine on Ka's world? And with 31 PRE and 32 COM that makes her a "human" WMD (Woman of Mass Distraction).

oh yes, oh yes indeedy. She does nude calisthenics on the roof (or did, until Destroyer blew it up). The neighbouring rooftops used to get quite crowded.

We definitely need pictures in this thread!! Nuff said!:help:

Razor? not Vitus - gnolls are supposed to be hairy :D

And so, apparently, are any situations they find themselves in....

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary covers the plot in Occam's Shaving Cream

The more I think about this question and the more I read of the character, the more I am convinced that she should really be the competent version of Marcus Brody (the way Indy described him in the now famous bluff in The Last Crusade). To paraphrase from that film:

"The hell you will. He's got a two day head start on you, which is more than he needs. Brody's got friends in every town and village from here to the Sudan, he speaks a dozen languages, knows every local custom, he'll blend in, disappear, you'll never see him again. With any luck, he's got the grail already."

But that's my take on the whole situation. Your mileage may vary.:rolleyes:

The more I think about this question and the more I read of the character' date=' the more I am convinced that she should really be the [i']competent[/i] version of Marcus Brody (the way Indy described him in the now famous bluff in The Last Crusade). /quote]

heh

fear not, we have a six hour session every fortnight. Altho my wife will be away at a writer's conference that weekend, this time round :(

The group features regularly at Quote of the Week, anyway.

She's gone with a hi-tech, expertly tailored, magically enhanced cat-suit - The Gunney, Felicity & The Spectre put in a group effort. As for what it does, we'll have to wait and see :D

Guest Major Tom

fear not, we have a six hour session every fortnight. Altho my wife will be away at a writer's conference that weekend, this time round :(

The group features regularly at Quote of the Week, anyway.

She's gone with a hi-tech, expertly tailored, magically enhanced cat-suit - The Gunney, Felicity & The Spectre put in a group effort. As for what it does, we'll have to wait and see :D

The way that it sounds like this campaign runs, she'll probably wind up going

to Gotham City to give the cat-suit a test run, and end up running into the

local grim-faced avenging vigilante. He's lucky that way.

Of course, if things go the way that they did with the Spectre, said vigilante

would most likely become a test subject for Vitus' "Detonate Scrotum" spell.

Major Tom :eek:

Of course, if things go the way that they did with the Spectre, said vigilante

would most likely become a test subject for Vitus' "Detonate Scrotum" spell.

Well, it's not like he's using it. Unless there some obscure scrotum-related martial art that Batman is, of course, expert at.