Concubine Seeks New Position

Drhoz

3's a (slightly underpowered) martial artist. A few more points in dexterity -- er, she _is_ dextrous, yes? -- and a 6 SPD (she's a fast woman, no?) and she'd be a match for any ninja, especially in the dark (given that N-ray vision). If she goes the two-weapon route (Rapid Attack + Two Weapon Fighting as a slot in the Whip multipower), at 6 SPD she could dish out a dozen 8d6 strikes a Turn.

I would skip the mentalism, given that her natural mental superiority is already demonstrable in her imagination and professional training, so she has nothing to prove in that arena. Also, given her psych lims, it'd be a bit of playing counter-type. Plus anyone who she could mind control would do things for her willingly anyway, I expect.

I'd also skip gadgeteering. Again, her mental superiority is already established, so no need to prove it with props and toys. Not that I believe 3's unwilling or incapable of fully exploiting such, but because they're gilding the lily. She's so self-sufficient as built, there's no need.

IMO.

Increasing and improving social skills.. I believe she's social enough, as described.

From what I can tell, all 3 really has to do is realize that with the lights out and a whip in hand, she is one of the most dangerous people in any room, once she cuts loose.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Concubine Seeks New Position

Since she's been on Earth 3 has probably gained a lot more "experience" with human anatomy, which would justify a significant Find Weakness -- "Humans Only" should be worth up to -1 Limitation, which could up her FW roll significantly. OTOH she has N-Ray Perception, so she could have learned to use that to FW more generally.

If she's really that good at seducing other people, she might have Combat Skill Levels RSR (Seduction) representing causing people to hesitate so they're easier to hit, or distracting them so they have a harder time hitting her.

I notice that her background text mentions a "Flash Attack" (is that really what it sounds like? :rolleyes: ) OAF, but there's no mechanical write-up for it on her sheet. I also want to point out that since she's already described as having "scented fur patches" on her body, a Radiation Accident to give her some sort of scent-based mind controlling ability would not be unreasonable.

I'd agree with Comic and CO. Skip the powers completely. She needs to be much more of an adventuress. Increased skills with weapons, a few gadgets and contacts, lots and lots of contacts!

MANY contacts. That way you can expand upon the love slave concept. She gets taken to parties where she meets famous people who then invite her to other parties and keep her name at the top of the invite list. A superior Paris Hilton if you will. She needs to know something, she pull out the phone and calls. Males will answer her every time, she never gets put on hold etc. And the those contacts get her PERKS!!! Diplomatic passports from a dozen small countries, freedom to carry tactical nukes in a handbag... whatever.

Contacts to the famous and infamous, jailers and jailees, that's the way to go.

Guest Major Tom

did you hear she was banned from Oktoberfest?

Jeez... and I thought that Andrew Dice Clay's being banned from MTV was bad.

Major Tom :rolleyes:

Canned wine?! Great googley moogley! I think all the sommeliers in the world just fainted in horror - and disgust.

I've only heard of canned wine once before, in a comedy song by "The Firm" called "Arthur Daley E's alright" about the dodgy entrepeneur in the TV Series "Minder".

ARTHUR DALEY ('E's Alright)

(The Firm 1982)

Chorus:

Alright my son, Leave it out

As it 'appens its your shout

Straight up, Pull the other

In a right 2 and 8

What's the damage Chief?

Who's your mate?

The geezer with the bunny in the trilby 'at

Reckons he's legit but he ain't all that

Arthur Daley, little dodgy maybe, but underneath,

'E's alright.

Propping up the bar at the Winchester Club

"A V.A.T. on the slate please Dave"

Terry's still looking for a sub.

Arthur's onto a nice little earner

Terry's getting agg and the chance of an hernia

Minding the disco down some boozer

Giving him a slap but he's onto a loser

Pound to a penny that he don't get paid

On account of the recession in the used car motor trade

Terry's piling up the Zeds

Been up on a job all night

When all of a sudden there's an horrible scream

And somebody's switching on the light

It's Arthur, Y-fronts caught in his zip

Brahms & Liszt an' he needs a place to kip

Terry gets the hump with Arthur 'cos he

Won't go home 'cos of 'Her Indoors'

"She'd kill me Terry, odds on bet

I ain't got the bottle; Ain't you got that kettle on yet?"

Checking out his stock in the lock-up

Arthur's havin' a fit

'Ere where's them magazines with the 'Erbets in the leather

And the bird with a whip

(inaudible comment)Says Terry (Inaudible comment)

"Cheap jibe Terence. Try to understand

Got a punter coming round gonna take em off me hands

Got a part exchange, claret from Japan

A vintage year, and he does 'em in five gallon cans"

Chorus

(Spoken)

So he's got a couple of Nelson Riddles going,

Who ain't ? Don't make you a villain, do it ?

And he sells the odd dodgy motor now and then

Well, it ain't a crime is it ?

Well yeah, it's a crime, yeah, technically

But it's a bit under the arm the way the(inaudible)

Sit on his daily giving him GBH on the ear'ole all the time

I mean, just 'cos he happens to have done a bit of bird for petty when he was a saucepan

He aught to do them for inflammation of character I reckon

You know what Chisholm said ?

He said "I know how Arthur Daley'll die

I said "How's that"

He said "he'll fall off the back of a lorry"

Bit strong, definitely out of order, Know what I mean?

He goes turning his drum over, looking for bent gear

Finding it, yeah, yeah, but it ain't a crime, it well yeah it's a crime....(fades)

Coming back to 3:

I favor the idea of her having followers from the ranks of VIPER, UNTIL or whatever dwells in her universe. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Then many contacts and perks...might work, too.

And yeah, she needs a cool weapon to be combat effective and thus even more adorable!

Perhaps a green glowing ring lying just besides that weird lantern.

Or a gun connected to a strange backpack, left behind by these men who were fighting a giant marshmallow man.

Or one of those fancy light sabres?

Maybe this Cable-guy can give her access to his arsenal.

Or she happens to stumble upon a certain amulet connected to the magical power of another dimension.

No give her all of these items, but only one at a time and only for the course of one adventure. VPP: OAF only! She lends items from famous friends.

You might be right about that one:confused: . My English is far from being perfect.

But, ... everything comes at a price, right?

The rest of the team are trying not to accept what she offers in trade - but it's very tempting. The drawback is Vitus would use their flayed skins as notepaper

Okay, adding to my previous suggestion (and why did everybody divert to 'skank' instead of 'amazingly well connected'? Should I have said 'David Frost'? Jeez!) how about a fount of all wierd knowledge. She doesn't sleep much, is knew to the planet, so what does she do? Watches the boob tube. Give her the worlds largest Area of Knowledge. I mean huge. Covering everything and nothing at the same time.

This is a good RP prop, believe me. Whatever is happening, let her throw down some little known facts, instant lies actually, straight off the top of her head and let them become part of your game. Not game aspects, but world history. Stuff which the bazillions of TV channels in this world would have shown. The History channel, the Biography Channel, the cooking channel, animal planet, discovery, national geographic, the BBC, MTV, RAI, Canal 5, CCTV, everything.

It's pure background. But offhand comments like "Oh yeah, that was first painted by Sir Botulph LaMigre in 1528, the Vatican has the only copy" or "In Bangladesh they eat those while the eyes get boiled down for printers ink" can fire the other players imagination and really fill in the world you're making.

Coming back to 3:

I favor the idea of her having followers from the ranks of VIPER, UNTIL or whatever dwells in her universe. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Then many contacts and perks...might work, too.

And yeah, she needs a cool weapon to be combat effective and thus even more adorable!

Perhaps a green glowing ring lying just besides that weird lantern.

Or a gun connected to a strange backpack, left behind by these men who were fighting a giant marshmallow man.

Or one of those fancy light sabres?

Maybe this Cable-guy can give her access to his arsenal.

Or she happens to stumble upon a certain amulet connected to the magical power of another dimension.

No give her all of these items, but only one at a time and only for the course of one adventure. VPP: OAF only! She lends items from famous friends.

How dare you even mention Cable? Go stand in the corner. :doi:

I'll not stand in the corner!!! And BTW I'll not burn my issues of Cable!

His story his rubbish. His comics were quite fun. I own a run from 95 to 98 approx.:)

Four issues? That qualifies as a run?

what?.....:sneaky: