Concubine Seeks New Position

Drhoz

My wife has a character, Third Daughter Of The Previous Ka's Second Favourite Concubine ( '3' for short to save wearing out the syllables) in Sundog's Skeleton Crew campaign.

She was a harem girl in a species of superhuman grace and beauty, with a few espionage and martial arts skills thrown in ( character write-up here ).

Since being bought to Earth, loosing any possible contact with her homeworld, and being comprehensively dumped by her owner, she's been at something of a loose end, apart from laying claim to another team member as her new master.

She's also been racking up quite a lot of unspent character points, despite having little to do in the actual game other than provide comic relief. So my wife is after a few ideas on stuff to spend those points on that could make her more useful to the party and get her more involved in events (other than flee the building wrapped only in a bedsheet and hide under a bridge as the Destroyer powersuits etc descend from the sky all around. It works, but doesn't leave her much to do)

All suggestions welcome - she's a broadminded girl :D

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Concubine Seeks New Position

Might I suggest some form of Mind Control, Ego Attack or Mental Entangle based on Seduction Rolls.

Or for some added comedy how about a bunch of Followers, former thugs and minions of those she's helped defeat. They have become loyal to her and now act as her slaves. Heck make some of them UNITL or PRIMUS agents who quit to work for her as well.

Imaging former Viper and UNTIL guys actually working together to cook for her, wash her clothes, drive her places. Plus if there is a problem they throw on their old gear and their new uniforms with a stylized number 3 over the heart and charge into battle all for Her.

High Society if she does not have the points already.

Then there are Contacts and Favours. People might not do anything for the killer Gnoll from another place but a woman with a pretty face might win someone over quicker. And then how galling Vitus has to get 3 to call in the favour and she gets to make him crawl or worse.

Start with the obvious:

Super pheromones: Major transform, mammals to body slaves, not vs. immune to poisons, must have five minutes of exposure. Invisible power effects -- she chats up the gate guards at Buckingham palace and five minutes later they're giving her a tour.

Super Pheromones part 2: Con based mind control with an area of effect, Single command "Defend me." Invisible power effects. Limited Group of minds. -- People who come to do her harm end up fighting on her behalf.

I'm going to make a different suggestion: gadgets. Maybe technological, maybe magical, maybe just leftovers from whomever they've fought before. It would mean a conscious decision to become more effective on the character's part, which could be an interesting story line. And it goes against the stereotypical seductress template.

I'm going to make a different suggestion: gadgets. Maybe technological' date=' maybe magical, maybe just leftovers from whomever they've fought before. It would mean a conscious decision to become more effective on the character's part, which could be an interesting story line. And it goes against the stereotypical seductress template.[/quote']

I really like this one, a kind of maturing of the character in a way. Although there's nothing wrong with having ParagonAlpha's groupies too right?

If I were to throw anything in there I would say build off of things she already has or experiences from the game. For example, you mentioned she had some Martial Training maybe she could focus on that some, taking CSLs for Alien Martial Arts making it harder to defend against.

I think a 'Stunning Smile' would be quite fun. Powerful Mental Entangle requires eye contact. She smiles winningly, winks lasciviously and her opponent starts to drool uncontrollably. This ability could be restrainable as well, (doesn't work if her hips aren't free to wiggle).

But there are plenty of possibilities as people have already pointed out. I quite like the groupies.

Perhaps 3 has started learning some Sorcery? She is of course learning from someome other than Vitus just to rub his nose in the fact that she doesn't need him any more. That would be a nice way to justify some mind control and maybe an attack or two.

Alternatively she could have started experimenting with body enhancing drugs. Extra strength, con etc. Possibly with amusing side effects.

One last amusing idea is that 3 could somehow gain the ability to charge herself with all of the 'tension' in an area and release it as an electrical attack.

I agree that she should either be trained-up or start using equipment. I always thought it was so cliched in comics when the "seductress" type character suddenly develped "seductress" type powers after a radiation accident. It just seemed too convinient...

Looking over her character sheet, I see she already has a Viper FF belt. Maybe she could add a...

1) Jet Pack for flight, or maybe just spring boots for some limited super-jumping?

2) An energized power whip (1d6K, or maybe 1d6+1K), rather than the rather plain one she has now? Maybe add an entagle to it?

3) A blaster pistol of some sort for her off-hand to add a ranged attack?

4) It looks like she's just some skill levels away from being a really good hand to hand combatant. I'll parrott the suggestion that she get some further martial arts training.

5) A suit of powered armor? Maybe not full-on Iron Man to start, but a good way to add some defense, some offense, some life support and such, all at a decent discount. And it makes sense, since you can stick anybody in powered armor and make them tougher.

Well, those are the ones that jumped into my head. I hope this helps! :thumbup:

Hmmm . . . GURPS has a skill called erotic art. Says it's appropriate for this kind of character. It's essentially an umbrella term for all the job-specific skills a courtesan would be expected to know.

Inara Serra from Firefly is a good source of inspiration. Her training as a high-class courtesan gave her some unexpected skills, like being good with knots and espionage. I wouldn't have been surprised to see her have some form or martial arts. Plus, in the Serenity movie, she used a gun. And she had her own shuttlecraft.

O'course - 3 is a former slave, and Inara was a freewoman.

I'd actually move away from some of the stereotypical Concubine Powers, they always manage to come off as more comic relief than intended in my experience. Of course, that's my experience.

Play up her Martial skills, she already has some, perhaps some kind of advanced battle armor that let's her take advantage of skills in place but beefs them up some (DEF + STR) to get her into the mix in a fight.

Perhaps it's time for her to start adapting to a new role ... maybe as a bodyguard or something a bit more offensive. Maybe finding a more powerful whip ... or, like some of the others have suggested, gaining a few more seductive abilities? CSL are always a bonus in my games, as are Team Levels ... but it depends on how tactical your team is :)

I also would move away from the typical seduction-type powers in general, though I guess one or two would be okay.

Looking at the sheet, I see she has 4 Overall levels, plus a bunch of skills suitable for espionage and personal interaction, Jack of All Trades, and Universal Translator.

I had two thoughts.

1) With just a PS and some enhanced PER, she could make one heck of a bodyguard. And the GM might make some of her clients be less than upstanding citizens, putting her square in the thick of things. I don't see "Public Identity" on her sheet, so the clients may not even know she's "3", though I could be wrong there.

[Edit: DT beat me to the punch on the bodyguard thing.]

2) I keep seeing that whip on the sheet, and thinking of "3" seeing a fun series of movies and deciding to become a hot female version of Indiana Jones. Buy some archaeology skills, a gun, Swinging, DCV levels, some fun Knowledge Skills (areas, cultures, history, etc.). Maybe Speed Reading and, if the GM allowed it, Eidetic Memory.

Guest Major Tom

Originally posted by BoloOfEarth:

2) I keep seeing that whip on the sheet, and thinking of "3" seeing a fun series of movies

and deciding to become a hot female version of Indiana Jones. Buy some archaeology

skills, a gun, Swinging, DCV levels, some fun Knowledge Skills (areas, cultures, history,

etc.). Maybe Speed Reading and, if the GM allowed it, Eidetic Memory.

If she were to go this route, then go into the adult film industry, she'd probably

wind up making the following movie:

"3 and the Busty Crusade" (apologies to the Cinemax network).

Major Tom :snicker:

Perhaps it's time for her to start adapting to a new role ... maybe as a bodyguard or something a bit more offensive. Maybe finding a more powerful whip ... or' date=' like some of the others have suggested, gaining a few more seductive abilities? CSL are always a bonus in my games, as are Team Levels ... but it depends on how tactical your team is :)[/quote']

"Tac...tics? Aren't those some sort of parasite?"

1) With just a PS and some enhanced PER, she could make one heck of a bodyguard. And the GM might make some of her clients be less than upstanding citizens, putting her square in the thick of things. I don't see "Public Identity" on her sheet, so the clients may not even know she's "3", though I could be wrong there.

She's pretty memorable. And after the sex tape scandal, pretty widely known...

She likes the suggestions so far - plenty of opportunity to annoy Vitus, especially if the Gunney knocks up an electrified whip based on the prototype Elephant Prod that Vitus gave him :D

Jump Pack would also annoy - Vitus has never had flight powers - not even featherfall :D

Hmm ... are you familiar with the Teen Titan' date=' Starfire? I would almost recommend a progression akin to what that character's been through.

not familiar with the titans at all - I'm a UK comic reader. well, reader of UK comics, rather. but thanks! *bookmarks for Desiree*