Next Book to Purchase?

needo

conquerors killers and crooks primarily and champions universe

it helps round out the champions universe giving you a kind of idea what the players are up against. It also takes some of the burden off of you as game master in not having to write up the bad guys. It's my advice, if that helps you.

I think it really depends on what you will be looking for. If you are wanting to run a game I would probably say buy Conquerors, Killers & Crooks and Millennium City. Those two books, along with Champions, will allow you to get a game up and running quickly. And then later on pick up Champions Universe to fill in the gaps for Millennium City.

If you are just wanting something to read then I would say buy Champions Universe and Millennium City. You do not really need the 100 villains in CKC if you are not planning on playing (though there is a lot of good information in the villain's write-ups).

I have liked all the Champions material put out so far and would recommend those books to anyone who likes four-color comic book material. There are plenty of little Marvel and DC "homages" within CU and MC to make any long-time comic fan smile.

I missed out on USPD at GenCon, so that's on the list, as well as Battlegrounds. I currently own FREd, Champions, TUMA, The Bestiary, CKC, and Star Hero.

It depends on your campaign. We have our own universe, so Champions Universe and Millenium City aren't high on my list at all.

As Graviton said, it depends on what you're planning to run. Since you said "new GM," I suspect you want to get set up to run a campaign from scratch. In that case, I'd suggest CKC and Millennium City. You can get Champions Universe later for history and world background if the heroes are curious sorts or travel outside the campaign city a lot.

If I can make another suggestion, you might also consider a year's subscription to Digital Hero (I believe it's ten issues for $30). Past issues had a rather unusual VIPER nest, a series of articles on Meriquai Falls (another game city), a villain group, three Champions adventures (one requires CKC, the others have characters included), plus numerous solo characters (villains and heroes), rules variations, and advice for both players and GMs.

Alternatively, there are three new Champs books coming out that you might want to save for.

Champions Battlegrounds is an extended adventure that can be played sequentially or as unrelated short adventures each with an accompanying and reusable hexmap of the major site. How useful is that to you, couldn't say but if you don't like writing adventures or want to have some on hand just in case or you like the idea of hand hex maps of certain places like a bank or a mad scientist's lab, this might be useful.

It is supposed to be out this or next week so maybe you could page through it at the place you buy your Champs books.

Reality Storm , a crossover mini campaign between Champions and Silver Age Sentinels (SAS). This product will have conversion tables for Champs to SAS which will open up a whole new set of adventures, characters and settings for your super hero campaign. It should also have many adapted characters that include major heroes, villains, agents etc. The scenario itself seems likely to be a bit high for people just starting out but in the long run it could be a good buy. If you can take a look...

Viper Sourcebook , it's quite a ways off but this sounds like it is gonna be the next must have book owing to the fact that Viper is as common in Champs as Orks are in D&D.

It's all up to you of course. If You need to get two I'd reccomend Conquerors as the most likely to be useful. As to which of the other two, if you want your campaign to be specifically in the official Champions universe then pick up Champs Universe. It will open up a lot of areas to explore.

I'm personally very fond of Millenium city so If you want a central Metropolis like city to base your campaign on and you don't think the PCs will leave it too often, then get Millenium City.Reality Storm