PBP Game Invitation

Diamond Spear

I am looking to start a PBP Fantasy Hero game. The game will focus more on intrigue, and stealth than straight out combat. Players will be encouraged to make characters who are members of the lower nobility or agents of various governments and other powerful entities. (For those who have the second Source Book put out for 4th Ed Fantasy Hero, I will be including such groups as the Witch Hunters of the Western Shores, The Family and most other groups found in the book.) Human characters would be most appropriate but a few non-human characters (not more than 1/3 of the party) would be acceptable. Players will also need to be willing to create a decent background for their characters. This background would have some input from me as the GM and would only need to be three or four paragraphs (I don’t expect a book). The game would be set at the current time period in the history given for the Western Shores in the 4th edition book. (A more complete background will be provided to all players). If you are interested in playing, or have questions about the game, please reply to this post.

Thanks for the interest so far

I will be going out of town this weekend but will be sending an email to all interested players no later than next Wendsday (8/20) with all the details you could want about the world (the Western Shores setting from FH 4th Ed.), information for creating characters, a few special rules for magic use and so on. If you have questions or if there is specific information you would like me to include in my background information either post it here or email me at diamond_spear@yahoo.com. If you have not expressed interest yet and still wish to feel free. The more the merrier!

Still have room?

I'd certainly be interested in this. I don't know anything about Western Shores, though. I'll also second slaughterJ's reccomendation for useing HeroCentral.

As far as I can tell, that is the best place to play this sort of game. (Or any sort if you're trying to do email or play by post!)

• 2 weeks later...

Erm I refuse to make this worse by coming up with derviations on

Oh heck my mind ran away again...

Picketing Banana Packers

Purple Beings Placators

Players in Bejing Please

Pizza, Beer and Popcorn

on the real topic:

if no one minds letting me know are there Norseish/Icelandic tribal groups in the reach of Western Shores? I have an idea for a Norseish adventurer seeking healing for a rather nasty series of bites he recieved from a polar Bear attack when he was a kid. It damaged his brain making him a berzerker(Enraged) as well as scarring and severe liver damage (Susc X2 effects from alcohol,) plus a social lim: embarassed by lack of tolerance for alcohol..... most of these are minor of course but still a good flowing set of reasons to get outta the tribe and get World Walking.

The northernmost reach of the Western Shores is Brondheim, a land that is basically vikingish with the Highland Games thrown in for good measure.

The other lands of the Western Shores are, roughly from north to south:

Daria, the 'bad guy' kingdom, ruled with an iron fist by the evil sorcerer whose name I can't remember;

Ambria, the 'good guy' kingdom, which sits to the west of

The Greatwood, home of the reclusive Elves. South of there is

Irolo, which is either Spanish or Italian depending on what kind of swashbuckling you want. East of Irolo are the

Plains of Kartar, wherein dwell Mongolian horse nomads and Felines; west of Irolo is

Zylistan, which is the Arabian Nights region.

There's also some pirate isles, some jungle areas, and some mountains which are infested with Dwarves.

• 2 weeks later...