Heroes from All Fifty States

Egyptoid

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Heroes from All Fifty States

GA Empire is fun! I love how he's got all these powerful alien mind control powers... and then he's got all this alien technology. The sort of loose origin suits a Golden Age character. They were all over the map.

The costume I'm not 100% thrilled with, but I can't put my finger on what's wrong- whether it's something particular to me or if there is a specific flaw in it.

Super work as usual

EDIT: Aha! I got it. He should have curly hair, like Jake "the Snake" Roberts, or else short hair and a high collar.

In addition- is it possible to accentuate his hands? Make them bigger, or put big gauntlets on them?

Additionally, consider making his leggings all blue, or giving him bare legs under his short blue trunks. Sort of a carnival muscle-man or pro prestler.

And I just noticed his susceptability to oil-based skin treatments. Genius! Reminds me of Martian Manhunter's fear of fire and fascination with Oreos.

re: Beaverman

I agree in principle with everything you said. However, Beaver-man and Beaver-Woman were invented by Enforcer84, and I have a strong feeling that he may not have been in a serious character development mood when he made them. He may have been making a parody. I'm inlcuding them because I like Enforcer, and because they are great Golden Age ideas, that just don't really work in the modern age.

re: Georgia Empire

Well the costume was done by Hermit, and I don't think its that bad, plus way back in the dark ages of this thread (like 5 months ago) we had a period of open costume/character design, and then a few weeks later I called the design period done. Anyways, since I'm so far along on some of these, I'd be loathe to make any major changes.

Snake?

jake%20snake.jpg

I don't see it. As a shape-shifter he'd pick the best look.

Like Bumble-Bee in Transformers;

maybe Empire should have some disguise skill...

a 50-member supervillain group, with all those egos and psychoses... it doesn't seem like it would work (even in the world of superhero and supervillain teams). I think their enemies should be a loose confederation at best, working in small teams as the jobs require.

But, you know, it is superheroes and supervillains. Stranger things have happened than a 50 member supervillain team reaving and pillaging the countryside.

Maybe an evil alien race, like the Skrulls?

Red Stick is simply delicious. Everything is thematically great. Powers-wise, I don't think a staple through clothing is a 10/10 Entangle- maybe more like a 1/3, on account of the target can rend his own garments to escape. I'm also iffy on the limited SPD. But these are such minor things...

I love his weapons elements, his danger sense, his interesting detects, his quotes, his martial maneuvers. He's great!

Not to open a completely different can of worms here, but I was just thinking. We have forty-some-odd different pictures here, along with a few character background stories. And based on that, I just had to ask....

Has anyone actually written up any of these characters yet?

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else has started statting out any of the characters here.

Yeah.

Here's a rough draft of Pennsylvania's Finest

I wish I was a decent artist (at any level). If I was, I'd draw a big group picture of all the heroes. (Not a montage of the existing pictures; something that would have everyone in the same style, with postures that reflect their personalities.)

Maybe someone who actually can draw can embark on such a thing.... ;)

I wish I was a decent artist (at any level). If I was, I'd draw a big group picture of all the heroes. (Not a montage of the existing pictures; something that would have everyone in the same style, with postures that reflect their personalities.)

Maybe someone who actually can draw can embark on such a thing.... ;)

I could make a stick figure panoramic shot in MS Paint.

Does that help?

Oh, and I see it says you live in Corvallis.

My condolences.

I did four years of hard time there. As an undergraduate. Still, it felt like one big prison. If you don't drink or do the fraternity scene, there's not a great deal to do.

It will be a cold, black day in hell before I return for some alumni "jubilee" meeting. I'll mail them a check and we'll be square, thank-you-very-much.

PS If you need help escaping I was thinking of starting an underground railroad to smuggle people out of the linn-benton county. Nobody should have to live like that!

That or I was thinking of starting a national civil rights movement, centered around the fact that living in Corvallis is Cruel and Unusual.

Oh, and I see it says you live in Corvallis.

My condolences.

I did four years of hard time there. As an undergraduate. Still, it felt like one big prison. If you don't drink or do the fraternity scene, there's not a great deal to do.

It will be a cold, black day in hell before I return for some alumni "jubilee" meeting. I'll mail them a check and we'll be square, thank-you-very-much.

PS If you need help escaping I was thinking of starting an underground railroad to smuggle people out of the linn-benton county. Nobody should have to live like that!

That or I was thinking of starting a national civil rights movement, centered around the fact that living in Corvallis is Cruel and Unusual.

Since, I'm an artistic sort, this is really quite a nice place to be active in that. (Just for live theater, there are two community theater companies, one professional theater company, one semi-professional theater company, two university theater companies open to community members, and two additional annual local theater productions -- and that's just sticking to Corvallis and Albany. If I want to travel a bit, there are four more theater groups in Eugene, plus one each in Newport, Salem, and Lincoln City. Then there's community bands, the local blues festival, a riverside summer concert series in Albany, and more.)

Since' date=' I'm an artistic sort, this is really quite a nice place to be active in that. (Just for live theater, there are two community theater companies, one professional theater company, one semi-professional theater company, two university theater companies open to community members, and two additional annual local theater productions -- and that's just sticking to Corvallis and Albany. If I want to travel a bit, there are four more theater groups in Eugene, plus one each in Newport, Salem, and Lincoln City. Then there's community bands, the local blues festival, a riverside summer concert series in Albany, and more.)[/quote']

Hm. Your story checks out. Fine. Drama people can live there. Everyone else needs to be evacuated. Though that would make for kind of lame theater, I imagine, with just the performers and crews.

A friend of mine was the scarecrow in a production of wizard of oz.

We all tried not to laugh at him, at the time. And to our surprise, he married. A woman, no less.

Zing!

He was more in to singing than acting, I think. Took voice lessons and everything.

For some reason, I prefer to read plays, but get bored when they're acted out. Like, I read a play called Doubt at a study session once, where a friends girlfriend was involved in a production. Was interesting. About roman catholic sex abuse. But when I went to see the play itself, bored witless.

Also can't watch movies twice.

I'm weird that way.

There was one thing about Corvallis I liked. An Indian restaurant that I only sparingly had enough money to eat at. Hehehe.

Hm. Your story checks out. Fine. Drama people can live there. Everyone else needs to be evacuated. Though that would make for kind of lame theater, I imagine, with just the performers and crews.

A friend of mine was the scarecrow in a production of wizard of oz.

We all tried not to laugh at him, at the time. And to our surprise, he married. A woman, no less.

Zing!

He was more in to singing than acting, I think. Took voice lessons and everything.

For some reason, I prefer to read plays, but get bored when they're acted out. Like, I read a play called Doubt at a study session once, where a friends girlfriend was involved in a production. Was interesting. About roman catholic sex abuse. But when I went to see the play itself, bored witless.

Also can't watch movies twice.

I'm weird that way.

There was one thing about Corvallis I liked. An Indian restaurant that I only sparingly had enough money to eat at. Hehehe.

Oh, you know Relan? The Wizard of Oz was my first production here.

CCT just produced Doubt, too. Same director, no less.

the front bumper of the vehicle has protruded from the long tunnel.

All 50 heroes now have pages.

Some need serious polishing, but they're all there.

so step 2 of the 5 step process is done (enough).

{cracks open second bottle of cheap champagne}

====================================================

on the side project, I finished all the mods and sculpts for the 5O Heroes Miniatures

see attached.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot you Log Man. CURSE YOU. CURSE YOU STRAIGHT TO SHEOL!

all the other 49 Heroes were easy enough to convert, since they resemble

some Marvel or DC character, and Heroclix are cheap these days.

snip and glue and most of these could be done up right in 5 minutes.

but not Kentucky.

the Kentucky hero ; she is' date=' [b']Thoroughbred[/b].

picture.php?albumid=92&pictureid=722

Log-Man had to get all artsy fartsy and make this furry monstrosity.

To get the look right I had to sculpt the mohawk, and find a female speedster to begin with, and the hair and the tail. Crikey what a pain.

But despite Log-man's "vision" I triumphed.

the miniatures are in the hand of my paint master,

soon to be revealed....