Gettin' Crafty!

Theron

Re: Gettin' Crafty!

To avoid the problem of smudging & fingerprints, get a cork and some orange tack (you can get them both at Hobby Lobby). Put the tack on one end of the cork, stick the disk to it, and hold the cork while you work. No smudges, no fingerprints, and no glue or sealer on your fingers. :thumbup:

Works for painting miniatures, too, but you need to make sure the mini is stuck on really well so it doesn't pop off.

Because I'm one of those lazy bums who's always trying to come up with a way to make something easier/more efficient, I wanted to share my further refinements.

First off, the cardstock with sealant was definitely the way to go. It made it a little harder to seal the artwork to the wooden disk, but the lack of smears on the final art is worth it.

Today, I went shopping for more of the 1" disks I'm using to make the counters. Unfortunately, Hobby Lobby was out, and Michael's only had a rather overpriced seven for $1.50, and only one package of those.

However, Michael's did have something else: Lara's Crafts' Alphabet Circles. One inch wooden disks with a letter of the alphabet painted/printed on one side. Best of all, a bag of 52 is only $1.99. The best part, however is that the unpainted side has a heavy-duty adhesive backing. Which means I only have to stick the cardstock on the disks, then seal them with the decoupage. One could also paint the backs of the disks if one is opposed to the alphabet on aesthetic grounds. I haven't decided if I'm going to do that or not.

However' date=' Michael's did have something else: Lara's Crafts' Alphabet Circles. One inch wooden disks with a letter of the alphabet painted/printed on one side. Best of all, a bag of 52 is only $1.99. The best part, however is that the unpainted side has a heavy-duty adhesive backing. Which means I only have to stick the cardstock on the disks, then seal them with the decoupage. One could also paint the backs of the disks if one is opposed to the alphabet on aesthetic grounds. I haven't decided if I'm going to do that or not.[/quote']You can use the unused alphabetic disks to represent other items such as barrels or mailboxes or perhaps unknown characters: "You see someone lurking in the shadows, but you can't make out any details." That way they won't know they're about to attack Grond one-on-one when the picture would give out too much detail. :eg:

You can use the unused alphabetic disks to represent other items such as barells or mailboxes or perhaps unknown characters: "You see someone lurking in the shadows' date=' but you can't make out any details." That way they won't know they're about to attack Grond one-on-one when the picture would give out too much detail. :eg:[/quote']

Good thought. My wife pointed out they can also be used as agents or bystanders.

A double plus for effort, Theron. That's a really smart way of keeping track of who's whom and who's where.

I'd love to use this DC Animated character maker, but the fact that it's in Portugese keeps putting me off.

PS: Much repness heading your way

A double plus for effort, Theron. That's a really smart way of keeping track of who's whom and who's where.

I'd love to use this DC Animated character maker, but the fact that it's in Portugese keeps putting me off.

PS: Much repness heading your way

There's a thread still on the front page here that Chris-M started with attached files containing the distilled Hero fan knowledge of how to use the Heromatic, based on trial, error, and Babelfish.

Two things:

1. Awesome work. Especially like Gargoyle! Blast from the past, there.

2. Where did you get those maps?

The maps are out of the Hero System Resource Kit. The modern street map is a very slightly updated version of the original map that came in the Champions second printing boxed set, back in olden times.