How to Build: A Timelord

palaskar

This seemed easy at first, but apparently Dr. Who's Timelords have a whole mess of abilities I didn't know about: extremely powerful mentalism, ability to slow the perception of time down, seemingly infinite knowledge of time and space (at first I thought the Doctor was just well-traveled, but the fact that his mind is too much for a human to hold suggests not)...

As a loose outline, I have:

Regeneration: (includes Ressurection, 12 Charges with never recharge, trigger: when "killed," extra time)

Different personalities and abilities for each incarnation: VPP, Only after fully regenerating, no ability to choose which powers the Timelord gets)

Life Support: Longevity: 600 years for each incarnation

INT 35

What else is there?

Re: How to Build: A Timelord

Offhand: Universal Translator, since the Doctor can communicate with anyone in the universe. He can also share this ability with his companions. I remember a Tom Baker episode (The Curse of Mandragora?) mentioning this. The new series also allows the Doctor and his companions to translate written material.

There is at least one old thread on these boards about Time Lords.

Hmm...okay,

Separate respiratory system: END Reserve, Only Recharges Normally (-2)

Octagon receptors in retina: Nightvision

Variable EM spectrum sight: UV vision

Different pupil response: 20 Points Flash Defense, Sight

Detect Gallifreyans: Detect, Used as a Sense

Speed Reading: x10

Lighting reflexes: +3

Heart Stopping: Simulate Death

Vulnerability: Lose most Gallirefreyan abilities when one heart is removed

Detect Telepaths: Detect

Implant Post-Hynotic Suggestion, Recieve Memories from dying Gallifreyan

??

Double the amount of human organs: +10 Body

Tolerate tempurate extremes: Life Support: Extreme Heat/Extreme Cold

Go without water or food for extended periods: Life Support: No need to eat or drink, only for two weeks for water and one week for food (-1/2)

Vulnerabilty: aspirin: 3d6

Limitation: Cannot Regenerate while Aspirin is in system

Diistinctive Feature: Smell like honey

Extra Skin Layers: Life Support: Radiation

Extra Skin Layers: 1/1 Armor

Absorb and Expel Radiation

Great STR for Size: +15 STR

Life Support: No need to Sleep, Reduced to 1-6 hrs./week

Distinctive Feature: Sterile

Distinctive Feature: No sex drive

Life Support: Longevity: Immortal

Timelord Package:

+5 body (10pts)

+15 int (15pts)

4d6 telepathy (20 pts)

Detect Changes to timestream, sense (10 pts)

life support, extended breathing 1 end/hour, immortality. (8pts)

Regeneration: 12d6 healing , trigger (at will, or when reduced to or below 0 body, 12 charges, charges never recover, side effect- 6d6 minor transformation, change appearance and alter personality and skills. (24pts)

package cost: 87 pts

EDIT gah, ninja'd

Disadvantages:

Psych lim: arrogant (common, mod) 10 pts

Distinctive Features, time lord, not concealable, noticed and recognised, only detectable by small group- other timelords, or by technology or major effort. - 5pts

Social limitation: timelord obligations- severe, -8 15 pts

social limitation- timelord duties- major, frequently- 15 pts

susceptabiliy- various earth madicines such as asprin and anasthetics- 3d6, segment, 40 pts

Total 85 pts

This is a standard, sedentiary timelord. timelord adventurures tend to have developed their abilities to much higher levels, consider these to be a timelord " normal" whereas the Doctor and the master are both in the legendary category.

Ok I think I know how to build everything except the Timelords mental powers and the absorb/expel radiation bit. Suggestions?

Maybe Mental Transform, Trigger for post-hypnotic suggestions and mindwipes...don't know how to do "receive memories from a dying Gallifreyan" though.

How about the absorb/expel radiation?

Renagade Timelord package:

As standard timelord, but add:

1000 pt vehicle (stolen tardis) 200pts

universal translator - 20 pts

perk- anonimity 5pts

tf- tardises 2pt

Total 227 pts

Disadvantages: replace "timelord duties" with Hunted: high council of timelords, more powerful, nci, -8 20 pts

I disagree. The important aspects of the doctors personality remain the same from regeneration to regeneration (with character development) I.E he has the same Psych Lims, only superfical things change. Also, he doesn't reset in power level- if anything, each regeneration is more powerful than the last.

I disagree. The important aspects of the doctors personality remain the same from regeneration to regeneration (with character development) I.E he has the same Psych Lims' date=' only superfical things change. Also, he doesn't reset in power level- if anything, each regeneration is more powerful than the last.[/quote']

All of which screams Radiation Accident

This seemed easy at first, but apparently Dr. Who's Timelords have a whole mess of abilities I didn't know about: extremely powerful mentalism, ability to slow the perception of time down, seemingly infinite knowledge of time and space (at first I thought the Doctor was just well-traveled, but the fact that his mind is too much for a human to hold suggests not)...

As a loose outline, I have:

Regeneration: (includes Ressurection, 12 Charges with never recharge, trigger: when "killed," extra time)

Different personalities and abilities for each incarnation: VPP, Only after fully regenerating, no ability to choose which powers the Timelord gets)

Life Support: Longevity: 600 years for each incarnation

INT 35

What else is there?

It's 4th Edition but you might want to take a gander at this:

http://www.ianm.eclipse.co.uk//ftp/other/HEROpackage.txt

It doesn't really take into account most of the uber-abilities you suggest but seems to be more based on the Pertwee and Baker Doctors than anything.

I'd also suggest (if you can find a copy) "The Discontinuity Guide" by Paul Cornell, Martin Day and Keith Topping [iSBN 0 426 20442 5, copyright 1995].

Full of amazing Dr goodness IMNSHO.

-Carl-

It's 4th Edition but you might want to take a gander at this:

http://www.ianm.eclipse.co.uk//ftp/other/HEROpackage.txt

It doesn't really take into account most of the uber-abilities you suggest but seems to be more based on the Pertwee and Baker Doctors than anything.

I'd also suggest (if you can find a copy) "The Discontinuity Guide" by Paul Cornell, Martin Day and Keith Topping [iSBN 0 426 20442 5, copyright 1995].

Full of amazing Dr goodness IMNSHO.

-Carl-

the BBC website has incorporated much of the DisContinuity Guide into it's Old Who episode guide.

Offhand: Universal Translator' date=' since the Doctor can communicate with anyone in the universe. He can also share this ability with his companions. I remember a Tom Baker episode (The Curse of Mandragora?) mentioning this. The new series also allows the Doctor and his companions to translate written material.[/quote']

They have established in some of the new episodes, that this is a power of the TARDIS, not the timelord. And the TARDIS is what shares its abilities with his companions, not the doctor.

They have established in some of the new episodes' date=' that this is a power of the TARDIS, not the timelord. And the TARDIS is what shares its abilities with his companions, not the doctor.[/quote']

Pardon an old Who fan but this was pointed out in the old series as well. (Masque of Mandragora, episode 3, I think) :o

Pardon an old Who fan but this was pointed out in the old series as well. (Masque of Mandragora' date=' episode 3, I think) :o[/quote']

Yes, that was explained when Sarah Jane realized she didn't speak Italian. The Doctor (Tom Baker) said it was a Time Lord gift he shared with her.