Formatting question for the upgraded V&V to HERO/Champions Conversion Page

proditor

Yeah, I finally remembered I had this sucker. ;)

I'm trying to get through all of the published characters, but since I know have permission to use the art, I figured why not? I'm going to be using light art throughout the page, but I figure character art on the HDC files is a must, right?

Anyway, I have a mockup of the new sheets, and I wanted to see what people thought.

EDIT: For ease and familiarity, I'm using the HERO 3 column sheets.

I'm also thinking of including an "update" in terms of their history. Like why is Proditor Cappela now a good guy, and what got him there, but not the origin bits. Thoughts also appreciated on that.

Take a look, let me know what you all think.

http://home.comcast.net/~proditor/vandv/test/Proditortest.HTML

Re: Formatting question for the upgraded V&V to HERO/Champions Conversion Page

I have another promo...

I just have to share this one, cuz the image of a hero getting caught off guard, and then getting their @$$ handed to them by this character, well, it makes me giggle.

http://home.comcast.net/~proditor/vandv/test/AuntiePhil.HTML

:D

And thanks guys, I forgot how much fun this was. :thumbup:

I like the inclusion of the art ... but maybe a character format more like Mike's site rather than character sheets? That way background could be tossed in if needed and such :D

I like the inclusion of the art ... but maybe a character format more like Mike's site rather than character sheets? That way background could be tossed in if needed and such :D

I considered it, and I could probably be persuaded, but I'm leaning towards sheets currently for two main reasons.

1) My new layout is based on a better version of my current page layout. You'll be able to click the name of a module/supplement and get a list of teams from it, then click on that and you get the individuals, click on that, you get the sheet in a new window. But all the rest is on the same page, like drop down menus. So part one is this way, you get who you want, and hit print, and you have a nice formatted HERO style sheet.

2) This is also going to be my personal reserve of NPC's once I kick start my HERO V&V game sometime next year. ;)

I'm also not sure how much will be included in the backgrounds...I really don't want to re-eneter their origins, just the bit that's changed since they were published. Like Hauntress will include Shrew's death and what not, Proditor's will include him breaking the Capellan conditioning, and also mention what a super massive stud he, and anyone using his moniker, must be. :smoke:

Well, it'll mention the Capellan part at least.

Would it be possible for you to post the .HDC files' date=' for those of us who like to stea... err... I mean borrow ideas.[/quote']

Absolutely. I'm going to post hdc files for every sheet I make.

Though this leads nicely to the next question...

How?

Would you guys prefer one massive zip file with all of them in one place, or maybe grouped by module? Something else? I think individual is going to be too much of a PITA for my webmistress though.

So let me know what you think. :)

As a computer (semi)literate person, with absolutely no website knowledge, I can't help you there. Hopefully, someone else will come along that can. Or, I could ask my almost 12 yr-old daughter later, how to do it. :o

I also realized I should have probably stated that I was farily married to the sheet idea (for the listed reasons) but that I wanted to see how people felt about the sheets themselves.

HD comes with a metric #$%^-ton of sheets, so I mostly wanted to make sure the one I was choosing seemed okay. Sorry if I was less than clear on that (And in rereading, yeah, I was as clear as mud).

Absolutely. I'm going to post hdc files for every sheet I make.

Though this leads nicely to the next question...

How?

Would you guys prefer one massive zip file with all of them in one place, or maybe grouped by module? Something else? I think individual is going to be too much of a PITA for my webmistress though.

So let me know what you think. :)

Grouped by module would be kinda nice I think :)

Grouped by module would be kinda nice I think :)

Then it's almost like getting your own gaming module. ;)

Hey, maybe if I hard sell it enough, it'll lead to some RPGNOW sales for V&V and some hard backs for HERO. Share the love I say!

I also realized I should have probably stated that I was farily married to the sheet idea (for the listed reasons) but that I wanted to see how people felt about the sheets themselves.

HD comes with a metric #$%^-ton of sheets, so I mostly wanted to make sure the one I was choosing seemed okay. Sorry if I was less than clear on that (And in rereading, yeah, I was as clear as mud).

I've always liked this sheet that Killer Shrike came up with. It really has that comic book vibe going on. It really has the look that V&V always had. Just a suggestion.

I've always liked this sheet that Killer Shrike came up with. It really has that comic book vibe going on. It really has the look that V&V always had. Just a suggestion.

That's pretty slick...

Hmmm....okay, lemme take a look at that tonight, and if I have it, rep en route.

EDIT: No, I have to share the love. Someone give Aylwyn a tap please?

That's pretty slick...

Hmmm....okay, lemme take a look at that tonight, and if I have it, rep en route.

EDIT: No, I have to share the love. Someone give Aylwyn a tap please?

Done!

Take 2...

http://home.comcast.net/~proditor/vandv/test/DeathKite.HTML

I may see if I can change the colors to match the new site. I may also see if my Webmistress can do it quicker and faster than I could fumble my way through it. ;)

Overall though, I like the look! I'll have to remember to put a huge attribution to KS on the title page if I go with these.

Take 2...

http://home.comcast.net/~proditor/vandv/test/DeathKite.HTML

I may see if I can change the colors to match the new site. I may also see if my Webmistress can do it quicker and faster than I could fumble my way through it. ;)

Overall though, I like the look! I'll have to remember to put a huge attribution to KS on the title page if I go with these.

I like that better ... but, no color? ;)

I keed .. I keed :)

I like that better ... but, no color? ;)

I keed .. I keed :)

You mean on the pictures? No, otherwise you guys won't see the new page til 2010. ;)

And KS, Thanks! Is it okay with if I alter the colors of the background for my own use?

You mean on the pictures? No, otherwise you guys won't see the new page til 2010. ;)

And KS, Thanks! Is it okay with if I alter the colors of the background for my own use?

No! Absolutely not!

I mean, sure, sure, as you like. All the colors are in a block at the top for ease of tweaking.