A question to all

Cassandra

Re: A question to all

Hey,

my characters are built on 200-250 points and the really tough characters are built on 350-400. Superman and Batman (core Justice League Level characters) are based on 400-500 points. "God" level characters are roughly 500-600 points.

I appreciate your work, it really helps me figure out my own characters which I am currently transferring to digital format.

I agree with JmOz that you should build whatever you like. :)

That said, I don't personally really view these as writeups of the comic book characters (at least in some cases), simply because the point restrictions make them so different from what they are in the comics. So to me, the question isn't "should I build Superman on 250 or 350 points?" because IMO, the answer is "you should build Superman." And I suspect that would take way more than 350 points. ;)

But again, you're ultimately building these characters for your own use/amusement/etc. You should spend your time how you best see fit. :)

To those who like my write ups' date=' do you want me to build 350 point characters?[/quote']

Would i like to see a 350 point build from you? Sure, it would be interesting to see what you did.

Do I think you should build 350 point characters? As others have said it's a matter of taste. I think 250 heroes are awesome and if that's where you enjoy building characters stick with it.

Thanks to all for their excellent comments. I do prefer 250 points or lower because I enjoy the challenge of representing a well know heroes powers with in the points allowed.

For example, I'm really happy with my Wonder Woman write up. I have been thinking about bringing her up to 350. I build on the character as she exists at 250 points.

Wonder Woman

Val Char Cost

50 STR 40

18 DEX 24

25 CON 30

12 BODY 4

18 INT 8

18 EGO 16

20 PRE 10

20 COM 5

15 PD 5

15 ED 10

5 SPD 22

15 REC 0

50 END 0

50 STUN 0

Total Characteristics Cost: 174

Cost Skills

3 Animal Handling 13-

2 CK: Washington, D.C. 11-

8 CSL: Combat +1

2 KS: Themyscira 11-

4 Language: Native English [Ancient Greek Native]

3 Paramedic 13-

2 PS: Amazon Princess 11-

2 PS: U.S. Military Intelligence Operative 11-

Total Skills Cost: 26

Cost Powers

25 Armor +10 PD +10 ED, CSL: DCV +2, KNB Resist -5", Restrainable (-1/2), OIF: Bracelets (-1/2)

20 EB 8d6, OAF: Bracelets (-1)

36 Flight 15", Variable Advantages (-1/2) [Megascale, Reduced END, or Usable Underwater Only] (-1/4)

16 LS: Extended Breathing [1 END/Minute], High Pressure, High Radiation, Intense Cold, Intense Heat, Longevity [immortal], Low Pressure/Vacuum

15 EC (Magic)-30 Points, OAF: Magic Lasso (-1)

8 1) Mind Control 10d6, Set Effect ["Tell The Truth"] (-1/2), No Range (-1/2), 1/2 END (+1/4)

10 2) Stretching 10", Always Direct (-1/4), No Non-Combat (-1/4), 1/2 END (+1/4)

Total Powers Cost: 150

Total Cost: 350

200+ Disadvantages

5 DNPC: Allies of Wonder Woman (Slightly Less Powerful) 8-

10 DNPC: Friends of Wonder Woman (Normal) 8-

5 Enraged: When Bracelets are Removed (Uncommon) 8-, Recover 14-

15 Hunted: Enemies of The Justice League of America (More Powerful) 8-

10 Hunted: Enemies of Themyscira (As Powerful) 8-

15 Hunted: Enemies of Wonder Woman (As Powerful/NCI) 8-

10 PhyL: STR 25 when Bracelets are Chained Together by a Man (Infrequently/Greatly)

20 PsyL: Code Against Killing (Common/Total)

15 PsyL: Honorable (Common/Strong)

15 PsyL: Protective of Innocents (Common/Strong)

15 SocL: Secret Identity [Princess Diana/Diana Prince] (Frequently/Major)

15 Vuln: Surprise Attacks, 1 1/2x STUN (Very Common)

Total Disadvantages Cost: 350

The difference between the 250 and 350 version is that the higher point Wonder Woman is faster, tougher, and can survive in more hostile environments. Her skills are slightly increased, with her being an expert in combat, able to deal with animals, and having medical skills.

I'm thinking of creating a campaign that have the average hero at 200 Points, legends and masterminds (Wonder Woman, Batman, Captain America, Lex Luthor, Dr. Doom, etc.) at 250.

I'm also going to create a group of "normals" that the heroes can fight and the villains can hire.

I'd Love it...
Do whatever makes the creative juices flow. Personally I like throwing my now 500pt PCs against low level opponents from time to time. For one, they generally take them to GM's option in one or two shots, so it doesn't feel like Deus Ex Machina. Hmm. I may need to add to the campaign thread...