Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

Re: Foods for those that just don't care anymore

That reminds me. I had a slice of "Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Pie" when I was in Huntsville, AL a few years ago. It was a pie shell with a peanut butter filling, ribbons of chocolate, and then the whole thing was studded with Reeses Minis. Summabish was about 9" tall, way more than a normal human being could eat. It was good, for about 4 bites. You could've fed a table of 6 with that thing.

Grown Up Sodas

Not sure what to make of these yet. Tried the Meyer Lemon today and it being less sweet kind of threw me off a bit.

Went to get some of these at lunch today. All they had on the shelf was the extra dry ginger ale, but that's ok to start with because it's a flavor that was high on my list. It's chilling* now.

*Awwwwwww yeeeeeaaahhhh.

Went to get some of these at lunch today. All they had on the shelf was the extra dry ginger ale, but that's ok to start with because it's a flavor that was high on my list. It's chilling* now.

*Awwwwwww yeeeeeaaahhhh.

How dry is it? I'm intrigued by it because it uses cane sugar instead of HFCS and I've been questing for a good non-using corn syrup ginger ale for a while now. Unfortunately, a lot of what I've found tends to go too overboard on the ginger for my tastes.

How dry is it? I'm intrigued by it because it uses cane sugar instead of HFCS and I've been questing for a good non-using corn syrup ginger ale for a while now. Unfortunately' date=' a lot of what I've found tends to go too overboard on the ginger for my tastes.[/quote']

Haven't tried it yet, I like to get them good and cold first. There's another store here that does a lot of the natural food products, and I saw a lot of alternative sodas there. I think i might work through them slowly (too expensive for regular consumption). The cashier also told me that they have a real ginger beer with chunks of ginger floating in it. Could be good, could be awful. I'll put it on my list.

The cashier also told me that they have a real ginger beer with chunks of ginger floating in it. Could be good' date=' could be awful. I'll put it on my list.[/quote']

The use of the term 'ginger' to refer to people with a particular color of hair makes that sentence remarkably horrifying.

The extra dry ginger ale is very nice. Just as it says, it's not too sweet, but it's not under-sweet either. The ginger is very strong, there's a nice scent to it. It's not overwhelming, though. It makes you realize how little ginger flavor is in most of the commercial stuff. The texture is, if this makes any sense, soft. Or perhaps that's the dryness.

My only real problem is one I have with most sodas these days. I'm so used to diet sodas and teas that regular sugared sodas feel very thick and syrupy to me. And they're expensive, so I won't be getting used to these anytime soon. The servings are small, though, so it'll make a nice treat for every once in a while. To bad they don't get the other flavors here, too. I'll have to ask about that.

Grown Up Sodas

Not sure what to make of these yet. Tried the Meyer Lemon today and it being less sweet kind of threw me off a bit.

Thanks for the link. I have a friend with renal failure so he really shouldn't drink most soft drinks due to the phosphorus and potassium content but these don't seem to have those ingredients. He'll be thrilled.