Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

19 hours ago, Pariah said:

Ah, Red Lobster, the Olive Garden of seafood. 

Or is Olive Garden the Red Lobster of pasta?

I forget.

Either way,  both are best forgotten. Both had one speciality  - taking EXTREMELY cheap "food" (if it can even be called food) and selling it at an EXTREMELY HIGH PRICE.  

Mind, from their own web site, the cicada isn't the #1 issue with the stuff, I'd say...

https://www.foodandwine.com/travel/history-of-malort-chicago-novelty-liquor

Malört occupies the rare air of popular city-specific beverages that both connote pride and are widely perceived as being bad. 

Sounds like that puts it in the same class as slivovitz and some of the other, really harsh and strong, fruit brandies....  

My last experience at Red Lobster was when we were rewarded at work with lunch for completing a special project, and some other guys made the suggestion of the restaurant. I had a good steak and a lobster tail that probably would have bounced if I had dropped it. That was around 2017. The cheddar biscuits weren't enough to bring me back.