Nazi Flying Saucers

shadowcat1313

Re: Nazi Flying Saucers

One of the problems with Adventures Unlimited is that the real and true stuff about Tesla and his work gets mixed up with the... lets be polite and call them total nutters... theories on aliens and government coverups and deliberate withholding of blah, blah, blah.

As an Electrical Engineer I'd willingly worship Tesla. The mind of a giant with enough neurosis to fill a large bath tub.

I am a big fan of Tesla, as well, and it is well deserved. He discovered/invented alternating current, motors and generators that we use today, radio, and experimented with X-Rays before Roentgen published any of his own research. He was, in general, at least 80 years ahead of his time...

If he'd had just a smidgen of business sense, people'd be dealing with ConTesla instead of ConEd, and it'd be merged with Westinghouse, too:

He ripped up a Westinghouse contract that would have made him the world's first billionaire, in part because of the implications it would have on his future vision of free power, and in part because it would run Westinghouse out of business, and Tesla had no desire to deal with the creditors.

Instead, he died in debt in a NY hotel room.

Also, (getting into the "nutter" territory) when he died, some 80+ trunks of research and other papers were seized by the authorities and declared top secret. Eventually, some few of these were released to the Nikola Tesla Museum in Belgrade. The rest, as far as anyone knows, are still top secret. In my games, I have them residing at Area 51, of course. :)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

while working on my other pulp era project, i found this interesting page that I thought needed a seperate entry

http://discaircraft.greyfalcon.us/The%20Vril%20Discs.htm

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Oh my, I'd almost forgotten about The Vril People. As well, I had never run across this bit of their nonsense heretofore.

Thank you for a good laugh. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I am a big fan of Tesla, as well, and it is well deserved. He discovered/invented alternating current, motors and generators that we use today, radio, and experimented with X-Rays before Roentgen published any of his own research. He was, in general, at least 80 years ahead of his time...

If he'd had just a smidgen of business sense, people'd be dealing with ConTesla instead of ConEd, and it'd be merged with Westinghouse, too:

Instead, he died in debt in a NY hotel room.

Also, (getting into the "nutter" territory) when he died, some 80+ trunks of research and other papers were seized by the authorities and declared top secret. Eventually, some few of these were released to the Nikola Tesla Museum in Belgrade. The rest, as far as anyone knows, are still top secret. In my games, I have them residing at Area 51, of course. :)

It must be admitted, though, that when one considers the things he DID invent (like an earthquake machine -- no, really, he invented a machine that could induce tremors in objects and once boasted that he could knock down the biggest skyscrapers in NYC with one) that there could be almost anything in those hidden papers.

It must be admitted' date=' though, that when one considers the things he DID invent (like an earthquake machine -- no, really, he invented a machine that could induce tremors in objects and once boasted that he could knock down the biggest skyscrapers in NYC with one) that there could be almost anything in those hidden papers.[/quote']

I wouldn't be surprised at anything that might be found in those papers. He still holds the record for longest arc of artificial lightning, although someone working with Survival Research Labs is working on beating that record.

Depending on which report you follow, he either tested that oscillator on a bridge and almost destroyed the bridge, or was testing it in his lab and almost destroyed both neighboring buildings. In both reports, he supposedly couldn't get close enough to turn it off, so he had to smash the oscillator.

I wouldn't be surprised at anything that might be found in those papers. He still holds the record for longest arc of artificial lightning' date=' although someone working with Survival Research Labs is working on beating that record.

Depending on which report you follow, he either tested that oscillator on a bridge and almost destroyed the bridge, or was testing it in his lab and almost destroyed both neighboring buildings. In both reports, he supposedly couldn't get close enough to turn it off, so he had to smash the oscillator.

Recall the Mythbusters tackling this one. I think they wound up considering it pretty much busted.

However, in their full-scale test (on an old iron bridge due for demolition), they did get a very interesting resonation / vibratory effect from the smallish oscillator they were using. Not nearly enough to hurt the bridge but more than anticipated - and making them wonder if using a bigger unit for longer could have actually damaged the structure.

Recall the Mythbusters tackling this one. I think they wound up considering it pretty much busted.

However, in their full-scale test (on an old iron bridge due for demolition), they did get a very interesting resonation / vibratory effect from the smallish oscillator they were using. Not nearly enough to hurt the bridge but more than anticipated - and making them wonder if using a bigger unit for longer could have actually damaged the structure.

Considering that they were using bits basically thrown together, using kitchen math, I considered the results a good one. Now go back, purpose design a mashine and that is plausible.

No NanDispute, I'd never mix Tesla with the VRiL people :thumbdown

Except as a gaming plot line, where it would become mandatory of course. :thumbup:

No NanDispute, I'd never mix Tesla with the VRiL people :thumbdown

Except as a gaming plot line, where it would become mandatory of course. :thumbup:

For gaming, I have no problem. It's a peculiar "idea seed," but I'm sure could be made into something usable. And different people have different tolerances for "suspension of disbelief."

Now, the mixing Tesla's...bizarre...ideas with the...unlikeliness...of Vril and considering it to have any attachment to reality; well, that's way past my limits. :shock:

While on vacation, I had this passing thought of a campaign. The world is controlled by two competing factions: The Vril Society and the Illuminati. Of course, the two groups will eventually fight for control of the whole world. And flying saucer technology will play a role in the conflict.

Mother was of what the Czech's call 'the Old Blood'' date=' father was of uncertain heritage with eyes of almost violet colour. Born in a storm... You know, maybe he did have an Origin.[/quote']

He also apparently inherited his incredible memory from his mother. She was illiterate, but could perfectly recall anything she heard, and would often recite poems and sing hymns for her children.

Bit if trivia: Tesla claimed that his brother, Dane, was more intelligent than he was, but Dane had a fatal accident in childhood and Tesla always blamed himself.

Plot Seed: What if Dane Tesla actually was as smart or even smarter than the brilliant Nikola? What if the Illuminati discovered their potential in childhood, tried to abduct them both, only got Dane, and faked his death to cover it up?

Mother was of what the Czech's call 'the Old Blood'' date=' father was of uncertain heritage with eyes of almost violet colour. Born in a storm... You know, maybe he did have an Origin.[/quote']

What exactly does "Old Blood" mean in this context?

I find it interesting that he was the son of a priest and his mother the daughter of a priest.

I thought his father's family was pretty established?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary notes that no one seems to deny the midnight birth during an electrical storm....

What exactly does "Old Blood" mean in this context?

I find it interesting that he was the son of a priest and his mother the daughter of a priest.

I thought his father's family was pretty established?

I've no idea as to what "Old Blood" means really. I work with a Romanian engineer who keeps insisting Tesla's mother was from some tribal clan or group that can trace its roots back to a pre-Roman times.

As to his fathers lineage, somebody once traced teh family roots back to a medieval noble I think. But my Romanian electrical engineer tells me it also went off into Romania. I wasn't going to argue as I can't read or speak Romanian.

Come on, doesn't that just shout 'Vampire bloodline' to you? :doi:

• 2 weeks later...

If you are able to find it watch "Nazi Dreadnaught UFOs and the Illuminati Conspiracy". The whole thing is a real crack-pot on a couch talking about the Nazi UFOs and how they fly and his conspiracy theories. It is priceless.

I had a player base a character in an Alternate-Earth hopping game play this guy,but he was from an Earth where all of his strange theories were real.

• 2 years later...