Linked Damage

Wolfgar

This is a pretty simple concept, but one I am both fond of and have struggled with in the system. I'm sure the solution is something basic, but even then, it'd be good to have someone eyeball the points.

I'm fond of characters with linked damage. Some examples:

Magician and familiar: If you hurt either the magician or the familiar, both take equal damage.

Phylactery: The character has some object with his life force bound up in it. If it gets damaged, he's damaged too.

I have a specific character in mind, and I can't really do him justice.

I'd like to call out that this is supposed to be a bad thing (can get hurt by relatively defenseless thingie getting hurt), so I don't get my weakness represented as a 500 pt power or something.:confused:

Thanks guys!

Re: Linked Damage

I want to say Susceptibility, but there's no provision for "same amount of damage". If you can drop that part, it's

5: Susceptibility To Damage Done To MacGuffin (Uncommon, Effect Is Instant, 1d6)

Common would raise it 5 points, Very Common 10 points. Add 5 points for every additional die. You could also buy it a second time, if you want to take BODY as well as STUN.

• 2 weeks later...

If separate Characters then a Physical Limitation: Suffers Damage when Counterpart Suffers Damage, In Equal Amounts.

If Duplication there is a the Linked Damage Limitation.

The Mind Link one is a Feedback that Links any Mental Effects together.

I hadnt thought of the MacGuphin* being a Dup or Mind Linked. I can see where that could be how it's built tho. :think: Definately something to think about :think:

*Spelled that way just for fun. :winkgrin:

If separate Characters then a Physical Limitation: Suffers Damage when Counterpart Suffers Damage' date=' In Equal Amounts.[/quote']

Ah. That's nice and simple. I think I've seen it done as a Susceptibility somewhere too, though then you have to start worrying about the AMOUNT of damage and all that.

Ah. That's nice and simple. I think I've seen it done as a Susceptibility somewhere too' date='[/quote']

Post #3 in this thread.

though then you have to start worrying about the AMOUNT of damage and all that.

Mentioned in post #3 in this thread.

/me starts worrying if my posts are invisible or something. :(

Post #3 in this thread.

Mentioned in post #3 in this thread.

/me starts worrying if my posts are invisible or something. :(

Oops. Heh. Sorry. Must have read your post the first time around, but the second time I didn't go through the whole history again; just jumped to the last post I knew I'd read. Just attribute it to my swiss cheese memory. :o