Useless Hero Facts

jwpacker

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Useless Hero Facts

...we have yet another way to destroy the Earth.

I believe I've already petitioned that Tunneling be eliminated from the next edition. If you want a hole in something, use an attack that does BODy damage. If you just want to pass through something, use Teleport. Someone else proposed an adder for Teleport to allow you to end a phase inside something solid, or even to linger there.

And for the record - I don't see how you can apply Megascale to Growth either. It's almost like trying to apply Megascale as a Naked Advantage to a character's default height of 2 meters.

And yeah, I'm the guy who first mentioned it, I know.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary comments that some of Lucius Alexander's ideas are insanely brilliant, but some of them are just brilliantly insane.

...we have yet another way to destroy the Earth.

I believe I've already petitioned that Tunneling be eliminated from the next edition. If you want a hole in something, use an attack that does BODy damage. If you just want to pass through something, use Teleport. Someone else proposed an adder for Teleport to allow you to end a phase inside something solid, or even to linger there.

And for the record - I don't see how you can apply Megascale to Growth either. It's almost like trying to apply Megascale as a Naked Advantage to a character's default height of 2 meters.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary comments that some of Lucius Alexander's ideas are insanely brilliant, but some of them are just brilliantly insane.

How else would you reasonably write up Apache Chief growing large enough to have "The whole world in his hands" (yes it happend in an episode)

How else would you reasonably write up Apache Chief growing large enough to have "The whole world in his hands" (yes it happend in an episode)

You people and your megascale!

You don't need megascale to pull off an Apache Chief. For just 405 active points, you can buy 81 levels of growth, which will make you something on the order of 268 million meters tall. Plenty big enough to hold the whole planet in your hands.

Best buy some life support, though.

Oh, and be sure to buy that bad boy with continuing charges or something...40 END per phase is a killer!

You people and your megascale!

You don't need megascale to pull off an Apache Chief. For just 405 active points, you can buy 81 levels of growth, which will make you something on the order of 268 million meters tall. Plenty big enough to hold the whole planet in your hands.

Best buy some life support, though.

Oh, and be sure to buy that bad boy with continuing charges or something...40 END per phase is a killer!

Hey with incant that is only 324 points...26 points for tracking...plus what ever you get for buying his INT down (A prerequisite in the super friends game)

Lucius Alexander

I asked Mr. Long and he's officially pronounced it "suspicious" and "ridiculous" but NOT ILLEGAL. He suggested "Enter the Megaverse" instead. (So there's your Apache Chief answer.)

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary is trying to wrap both heads around the idea that this idea is actually potentially legal......

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting thought. With sufficient MegaScale, a character could use his Stretching to reach to another planet and pull himself there.

How long would that take? Two Phases?

This reminds me of the time, back in 4th Ed, when I decided to see if Superleap could be used to reach FTL speeds (due in part to the way the time to execute a leap was defined back then).

Short answer: Even using just a 200 pt. character, it was indeed possible... and this was in the days before Megascale!

Of course, the "scatter from target hex" when you got to the end of your leap could be a killer... literally!

This reminds me of the time, back in 4th Ed, when I decided to see if Superleap could be used to reach FTL speeds (due in part to the way the time to execute a leap was defined back then).

Short answer: Even using just a 200 pt. character, it was indeed possible... and this was in the days before Megascale!

Of course, the "scatter from target hex" when you got to the end of your leap could be a killer... literally!

This will get you up to over 8x lightspeed for 186 points, and you don't need to worry about missing.

Leaping +1" (Accurate, x137,438,953,472 Noncombat)

You cover over 170 million miles in a little under 2 minutes. That's not even using megascale :)

I want some BAM Bolt-Cutters

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BAM_(material)

I want some Amorphous Steel, BAM-coated bearings, chain, gears, and derailleurs for my bicycle.

And that BAM coating would work wonders on all moving engine parts. Reduce friction and you increase fuel economy and extend engine life (and time between oil changes).

I once built a reality haxx based around stretching. The character was a brick who had worked with his teammate (a guy with buff all physical characteristics and powers), for over a year out of game, and forty years in game. So one day, after grabbing a 4th dimensional person, and pulling him into three dimensions, I decided to buy the power to use the 4th dimension to be next to Jarovit.

It was Stretching, Area of Effect, megascaled the area of effect to cover the entire planet. Then after fighting an avatar of an elder god, who could imprison you in other dimensions, I bought transdimensional, and three levels of indirect (to get through hardened dimensions). In retrospect, i probably needed UAA on that stretching.