Worth a thousand words?

quozaxx

Re: Worth a thousand words?

that gauntlet, and possibly the Girl as well, are Sean Water's wet dream come true.

That gauntlet represents a large multi-power weapon.

1. Teleport Usable Against Others, Trans-Dimensional

2. Large Naked Advantage of Trandimensional for her other powers.

3. A large amount of Luck, Usable only to invoke meta-rules in her favor.

attachment.php?attachmentid=30805&d=1235324126

her hair turned green from all the ambient radiation

given off by the SW-Particles released in rule-bending

Hubba hubba, obviously :D

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like I'm dominating the thread but I have a bunch of pictures sitting around

Does this one inspire any ideas?

I'm pretty sure this guy, who may or may not actually have a name, is made entirely out of antimatter. The gold armor? Part of a suit that provides the magnetic field necessary to keep him all in one piece.

I'm pretty sure this guy' date=' who may or may not actually have a name, is made entirely out of antimatter. The gold armor? Part of a suit that provides the magnetic field necessary to keep him all in one piece.[/quote']

"Made of Anti Matter": 12d6 RKA Explosion (Megascaled to KM), Trigger: Harness destroyed, No Range, 1 Charge that does not recover

:D

Interesting idea though. All I had was he looked like some sort of "Space God" type character or a being like the Beyonder.

Hm? Oh, she's just very agile. Ridiculously agile. Agile to unstoppable levels. She can't say, break through a wall on a move-through, but she really doesn't need to. She's not a speedster, but she is a Martial Artist.

Couldn't tell you the origin, though yes, I did note the file name.

Is there a specific reason that her breasts are bare? Other than the +40 PRE attack?

Doc

In the original character concept, there wasn't a major reason for it. The culture she came from just didn't have a nudity taboo about the breasts (they were technically primitive tribal aliens that lived on a tropical world). When she ended up on Earth, she found human prudish about it rather baffling.

The power to experience anorexia without losing fat from her breasts?

Yeah, sorry, but most of the females thus depicted are pretty much all possessed of the same powerset - or at least outfits that have a very limited form of telekinesis to keep themselves in check.

As I've asked before, could we please keep the snark down to a minimum? The artist for these pictures and several of the players are board members that have given me permission to use their characters for this experiments. Taste is subjective and I'm not asking everyone to love them (I'd be surprised if everyone did) or heap praise on the images but can we at least try to avoid directly insulting anyone and keep the thread moving in a productive manner? If it's going to be major hassle to do that I'll stop posting and just get to work on the write ups and let the thread be. I thought the idea was fun but I don't want to get into some kind of major issue about anything or see anyone's feelings hurt

Yeah' date=' sorry, but most of the females thus depicted are pretty much all possessed of the same powerset - or at least outfits that have a very limited form of telekinesis to keep themselves in check.[/quote']

All right.

Edit: There ya go. All removed.

nexus: I saw the pics' date=' but didn't get time to suggest anything before they were removed. Sorry there was a hassle, better luck with your next experiment.[/quote']

Well, I'm not the OP but thanks all the same. :) If anyone else would like to post pictures for it I encourage them to.

Yeah' date=' sorry, but most of the females thus depicted are pretty much all possessed of the same powerset - or at least outfits that have a very limited form of telekinesis to keep themselves in check.[/quote']

That's sort of a genre convention in comic books. It's the same level as not asking why putting on glasses makes a superhero unrecognizable in secret identity. :D

Nexus, please don't get upset by the board comments. I for one did like Birdwoman.

Nexus, please don't get upset by the board comments. I for one did like Birdwoman.

I'm not really upset, disappointed and somewhat annoyed though and I didn't want my friends to get upset or insulted. But why lets some spoilsports kill a good time? I'll talk to them and see what they think and if it's okay with them I'll put them back up.

Your wish is my command.

Here's three pics I made...

Picture 4 Maybe "Spectrum" or "Prism". I see her as having powers based n light and colors, maybe even creating solid energy constructs similar to the powers of a Green Lantern. I'd make her an alien, maybe on Earth due to assignment since her costume and bearing have a military vibe to me.

Picture 1: Her cowl makes her look bald (though of course she didn't have to be) and that makes me think mentalist right off the bat. Interesting color combination, a bit on the somber side in ways and kind of severe maybe a very no nonsense even hardened personality that's somewhat superior. I could see her as a villain actually with powers centered on Mind Control and Illusion. Weak in physical combat and likes to hide and mentally snipe at "inferior minds". Name could be something like Dominatrix, Regis, or other commanding title.

Picture 2. The costume implies mystic to be, of a meditative, monk sort rather than a mage though I could see him casting spells too. But I more imagine a martial artist that practices a "internal" style the emphasizes chi/mana control and Mind over matter maybe Kalarippayattu an Indian martial art that has some mystical aspects. Might be a little clichéd by he could be blind too or maybe just wears the eyeless mask to focus his other senses.

Something about her makes me think android or robot, cold, methodical and emotionless. Don't have a good handle on powers so I'll default to basic enhanced physical abiities (strength, speed durability), maybe some enhanced senses. Maybe she's an engineered lifeform, a project of Telios created as bodyguard and a long term piece of eyecandy unlike his other throw away "dolls". But like them, she can't speak lacking any vocal organs.

Three

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

50 STR 40 19- Lift 25.6tons; 10d6 [5]

25 DEX 45 14- OCV: 8/DCV: 8

25 CON 30 14-

16 BODY 12 12-

8 INT -2 11- PER Roll 16-

12 EGO 4 11- ECV: 4

15 PRE 5 12- PRE Attack: 3d6

16 COM 3 12-

20 PD 10 Total: 20 PD (10 rPD)

20 ED 15 Total: 20 ED (10 rED)

5 SPD 15 Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12

15 REC 0

50 END 0

60 STUN 6 Total Characteristic Cost: 183

Movement:

Running: 16"/32"

Leaping: 10"/20"

Swimming: 10"/20"

Cost Powers END

20 Enhanced Immune System: Life Support (Immunity All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents)

4 Hyper Efficent Metabolism: Life Support (Eating: Character only has to eat once per week; Extended Breathing: 1 END per Minute; Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week)

25 Healing Factor: Healing 3 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (70 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2)

15 Enhanced Senses: +5 PER with all Sense Groups

5 Thermal Vision: Infrared Perception (Sight Group)

5 UV vision: Ultraviolet Perception (Sight Group)

20 Enhanced senses: Targeting with Hearing Group

6 Omnidexterous (Can used feet and tongue as hands): Extra Limbs (3), Inherent (+1/4) (6 Active Points)

20 Athletic: Running +10" (16" total) 2

8 Athletic: Swimming +8" (10" total) 1

10 Durable: Sight Group Flash Defense (10 points)

10 Durable: Hearing Group Flash Defense (10 points)

10 Durable: Damage Resistance (10 PD/10 ED)

7 Emotionally Subdued: +15 PRE (15 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (Defensive Only; -1)

4 Martial Strike +0 +2 12d6 Strike

5 Offensive Strike -2 +1 14d6 Strike

5 Grappling Block +1 +1 Grab One Limb, Block

3 Martial Throw +0 +1 10d6 +v/5, Target Falls

4 Counterstrike +2 +2 12d6 Strike, Must Follow Block

4 Choke Hold -2 +0 Grab One Limb; 2d6 NND

4 Crush +0 +0 14d6 Crush, Must Follow Grab

Talents

10 Emotionally Subdued: Resistance (10 points)

Skills

3 Contortionist 14-

3 Acrobatics 14-

3 Breakfall 14-

10 Defense Maneuver I-IV

3 Sign Language: Language (completely fluent)

5 Rapid Attack (HTH)

3 Stealth 14-

4 KS: Sexual Techniques 13-

24 +3 with All Combat

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 262

Total Cost: 445

250+ Disadvantages

15 Hunted: Telios 8- (Mo Pow, Capture)

10 Enraged: Regis harmed (Uncommon), go 11-, recover 14-

10 Money: Destitute

10 Physical Limitation: Mute (Frequently, Slightly Impairing)

10 Social Limitation: No Legal ID (Frequently, Minor)

5 Distinctive Features: No navel or fingerprints. (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

10 Psychological Limitation: Casual Killer (Common, Moderate)

20 Psychological Limitation: Little personal initiative, a follower (Very Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Loyal and Protective and of Regis (Common, Strong)

90 Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points: 445

Background/History:

Personality/Motivation:

Quote:

Powers/Tactics:

Campaign Use:

Appearance:

Three is, obviously, the third of her line and the most powerful to date. She has little emotion or personality beyond an intense loyalty to Regis that the mentalist has created for her. Aside from that she is cold and machine like but as time goes on she's started to develop sparks of humanity and a child like curiosity about the rest of the world. Interestingly, Regis nurtures that part of her having taken on an almost maternal attitude towards the combat clone.

Regis: Even geniuses make mistakes. Telios, on something of a lark decided to create a special "doll" for amusement, one with psionic talents to make her more useful as a toy as she'd be able to read his desires before he was even aware of them and apply her powers to the task.

He over did it.

Regis, crafted from genetic samples from several powerful psis including Mentalla turned out to be far more powerful then Telios intended. Worse, she was far more willful as well. She saw the fate that of mastermind's toys when he tired of them and resented being considered an expendable slave and fled at the first opportunity, taking Three with her as bodyguard but also out of a sense of fellowship. Telios wants his "property" back but is also fascinated by their rebellion and wants to see how they do on their own and to test them as something of field experiment. With proper conditioning both could be useful to him in the future.

Regis

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

8 STR -2 11- Lift 75.8kg; 1 1/2d6

18 DEX 24 13- OCV: 6/DCV: 6

18 CON 16 13-

8 BODY -4 11-

20 INT 10 13- PER Roll 13-

23 EGO 26 14- ECV: 8

20 PRE 10 13- PRE Attack: 4d6

14 COM 2 12-

4/14 PD 2 Total: 4/14 PD (0/10 rPD)

4/14 ED 0 Total: 4/14 ED (0/10 rED)

4 SPD 12 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

6 REC 0

40 END 2

30 STUN 9 Total Characteristic Cost: 107

Movement:

Running: 6"/12"

Flight: 10"/40"

Leaping: 1"/2"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Teleportation: 12"/24"

Cost Powers END

25 Mental Domination: Elemental Control, 50-point powers

35 1) Mental Domination: Mind Control 12d6 (60 Active Points) 6

25 2) Senory Overide: Mental Illusions 10d6 (50 Active Points) 5

17 3) Thought Theft: Telepathy 10d6 (50 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (Only to read memories; -1/2) 5

18 4) Psionic Cloaking: Invisibility to Sight, Hearing, Smell/Taste and Radio Groups , Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (52 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (Psionic; -1/2)

14 5) "You missed.": +10 with DCV (50 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (Psionic; -1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) 5

112 Multipower, 112-point reserve

6u 1) Pain Induction: Ego Attack 6d6 (60 Active Points) 6

4u 2) Mental Scan: Mind Scan 8d6 (40 Active Points) 4

4u 3) "You go where I wish." : Teleportation 12", Usable As Attack (+1), Based On EGO Combat Value (Mental Defense applies; +1) (72 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (Psychic; -1/2), Limited Power Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (Target must move under their own Power; -1/4), Must Pass Through Intervening Space (-1/4) 7

6u 4) "Army of Many": Energy Blast 10d6, Variable Special Effects (Limited Group of SFX; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Indirect (Any origin, any direction; +3/4) (112 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (Special effects, damage and origin of attack limited to availabe subjects to command; -1/2), Limited Power Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (Can't use subjects with more than 10 points of mental defense; -1/4) 5

5u 5) Sensory Shutdown: Sight, Smell/Taste, Touch and Hearing Groups Flash 7d6 (50 Active Points) 5

3u 6) "Crowd Control": Summon 32 50-point Surrounding bystanders, Slavishly Devoted (+1) (70 Active Points); Arrives Under Own Power (-1/2), Summoned Being Must Inhabit Locale (-1/2) 7

15 Mental Defense (20 points total)

Equipment

20 1) Armored Costume: Armor (10 PD/10 ED) (30 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

25 2) Psychokinetic suit: Flight 10", x4 Noncombat, Invisible to Hearing, and Sight Groups (+1/2) (37 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 4

Skills

3 Computer Programming 13-

3 Electronics 13-

3 Interrogation 13-

3 Systems Operation 13-

3 Seduction 13-

3 KS: Sexual Techniques 13-

1 Psionic Powers: KS 8-

3 Psychology: KS 13-

3 Tactics 13-

3 Teamwork 13-

15 +3 with Mental Combat

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 377

Total Cost: 484

250+ Disadvantages

10 Money: Destitute

10 Social Limitation: No Legal Idenity (Frequently, Minor)

10 Physical Limitation: Limited knowledge of the "real world" (Frequently, Slightly Impairing)

15 Hunted: Telios 8- (Mo Pow, Capture)

5 Distinctive Features: No navel or fingerprints, bald (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

20 Enraged: Attempts to control, manipulate or dominate her (Uncommon), go 14-, recover 11-

20 Psychological Limitation: Control Freak, must be in charge (Very Common, Strong)

10 Psychological Limitation: Arrogant and easily offended (Common, Moderate)

134 Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points: 484

Background/History:

Personality/Motivation:

Quote:

Powers/Tactics:

Campaign Use:

Appearance:

Note on Regis: Technically, she can't speak either but can pretty effortlessly create a mental "voice" for herself if need be. I decided not to bother writing that up since it's essentially the same as speaking for most intents and purposes and just didn't give her a disadvantage for being physically mute. If you think it should be it would be Images, only to simulate speech, no range.

Yun Li was from a family or sorcerers. Each member of her family was taught a different specialty. Li's specialty was necromancy. She was the most powerful member of the family.

But she didn't feel powerful enough. So, she searched the globe for the mystical staff: The Animator of the Dead. (loosely translated). This staff could raise an entire graveyard in one hour. And all under her command.

But, she was consistently followed by a mercenary. Captain Blight.

Captain Blight was practically immune to Li's power. Which is quite an accomplishment for someone who is dead.

You see, while Li was first learning all of her new powers; an American military man was sent in to discover what she was all about.

Li discovered Blight, and attacked him, and he died. When she tried to animate his corpse. It was her first time to animate the dead. And she got the spell wrong. Instead of a mindless loyal zombie, Blight was alive - in a sense - again.

Li's powers couldn't affect Blight anymore, Plus Blight's guns and knife could work on any undead creature.

Blight escaped capture (he was still outnumbered), and decided to make it his "life's" work to keep tabs on Li.

You can't tell by looking at Blight that he is dead. So he plays it like he's still alive. And his unusual sense of humor explains the T-shirt.