Who Watches The Foxbat?

KA.

Re: Who Watches The Foxbat?

Bet next you'll mention the FoxbatHound? :ugly:

I could forgive that, just never, ever mention Foxbatmite! Okay?

Foxbatmite has been reputized 13 times already, in less than 24 hrs. The record was about 14. Foxbatmite is on the way to becoming the most reputized thing I have ever posted.

And I have YOU to thank for it, Narratio!

Lucius Alexander

Have a palindromedary!

Oh my life... excuse, I've got a brain embolism I need to initiate. Oh... Right, right... I've just been reminded that the Foxbathound is still awaiting creation. There's a list of known associates and equipment stacked here too. Get on it when you can eh?

Really, the CU just isn't an appropriate venue for Watchmen, even good Watchmen satire.

The Watchmen book only works as well as it does because Superhumans are incredibly rare (we know of only one, or arguably two, plus a bunch of low level psychics). There are no known Supernatural threats, no Aliens, no physical Time Travel or Dimensional Travel, no Evil Organizations with access to magic or supertech other than Veidt International. You can make a Grim and Gritty CU, but one where the Watchmen scenario makes sense would look so little like the CU that you might as well just start from zero.

Hermit posted a great CU through the Ages a few years back. Maybe he could spin an entertaining Who Watches the Champions.

maybe some dark champions heroes culd be used here they are less powerfull

We're all waiting for Lucius to post the write ups for a cigar chompin', eyepatch wearing, gun wielding Ultimate Aunt May. Who'll go toe to toe in a two fisted slugfest of riotiousness versus insanity to decide who will rule.

But Lucius claims he's too busy.

Even when I tempted him with Marvels's old "What if..." idea. What if Aunt may had Wolverines claws, What if Aunt May was not Spidey's aunt but that of Galactus? (Hmmm, now there's an idea... "Galactus, it's about time you settled down, I'm not getting any younger you know!", "Aww Aunt May, do we have to discuss this now? I've got a new herald to break in...")

We're all waiting for Lucius to post the write ups for a cigar chompin', eyepatch wearing, gun wielding Ultimate Aunt May. Who'll go toe to toe in a two fisted slugfest of riotiousness versus insanity to decide who will rule.

But Lucius claims he's too busy.

Even when I tempted him with Marvels's old "What if..." idea. What if Aunt may had Wolverines claws, What if Aunt May was not Spidey's aunt but that of Galactus? (Hmmm, now there's an idea... "Galactus, it's about time you settled down, I'm not getting any younger you know!", "Aww Aunt May, do we have to discuss this now? I've got a new herald to break in...")

I did an Aunt May. Because I owed you one, Narratio.

Count your blessings I didn't do Aunt May as a herald of Galactus and have her discover that she can use her baking skills and cosmic powers to sate the hunger of Galactus by feeding him planet sized snack cakes instead of whole worlds...

Cosmic Baker: Summon Planet Sized Base with Real Fruit Filling

Lucius Alexander

Coming soon from Palindromedary Enterprises: Prune, the Dessert Planet

Okay, For that line alone I can forgive so many sins. And the write up of Aunt May was truly fine. I'll rep you for it at some time.

Megascale baking... And reminding him to carry an umbrella 'cos the weather report says there'll be heavy cosmic ray storms later this century. And don't go tracking that primordial soup around my nice clean kitchen. Where were you born? In a some Big Bang?

Ah yes, I really owe you.

Count your blessings I didn't do Aunt May as a herald of Galactus and have her discover that she can use her baking skills and cosmic powers to sate the hunger of Galactus by feeding him planet sized snack cakes instead of whole worlds...

Who is this being, known only as... The Hostess?

Doc

I did an Aunt May. Because I owed you one, Narratio.

Lucius Alexander

Coming soon from Palindromedary Enterprises: Prune, the Dessert Planet

It's been done.

I'm sure you guys knew that, but other people might be scratching their heads.