Who Watches The Foxbat?

KA.

There is another thread going concering the origin of Teleios.

According to canon, Teleios woke up one morning after a hard night of research with the answers he was looking for written in his own handwriting on his desk.

Did it come to him in a dream?

Did his future self come back in time to give him the answers?

Is this just another excuse for KA. to go off on a wild tangent?

You betcha!

The Following exchange took place . . .

nexus

Am I alone in the sick desire to have Foxbat turn out to be the greatest master villain in the Champions U? His master plan includes every unexplained or mysterious event in the setting, a plan so vast and all encompassing it cannot fail to lead to his dominance of the Universe. He is the inevitable something Capt Chronos is futility trying to stop.... without knowing his interference is part of the plan too.

and he's doing it all in plain sight, even announcing it and chuckling AT not with his detractors.

KA.

I think I am going to go with Foxbat.

Foxbat is the Keyser Soze, or perhaps more appropriately the Verbal Kint, of the Champions universe.

All of his supposed "idiocy" and "insanity" is just a smokescreen.

He is actually the most brilliant, dangerous Supervillain in the world.

nexus

The module should open with the PC investigating the murder of a well known if someone shady superhero in Hudson City. He was severely beaten and hurled to his death through the his apartment window....

KA.

"On Friday night, a Crusader died in Hudson City."

"Do it?

Nighthawk, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-plan if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Which leads us to this . . .

With an eye toward the ridiculous, using the Champions Universe past or present, fill out the rest of the Watchmen cast.

To get things started, I present the following . . .

The Comedian = Crusader

Why? Well, according to Underworld Enemies, Crusader fell on hard times as he got older, had done some dirty work for the government, and was even thrown off the roof of a building by an unknown assailant!

Foxbat = Ozymandias

Why? Because he is the only logical candidate.

He is such an egomaniac that he warns everyone about his Master Plan, and yet he is sure he will carry it out.

I am pretty firm on the first two, but I have a couple of suggestions for Rorshach . . .

1) The Harbinger of Justice, mainly for the proper attitude.

2) A totally burned out Seeker. He has been Seeking so long that he has gone a bit mad, and learned to take a few "shortcuts" in his pursuit of the Truth.

Okay, that's my start, let's take a look at what the rest of you think.

KA.

Re: Who Watches The Foxbat?

Defender for Nightowl, which would make Witchcraft Silk Specter. I think a neat play on things is to make Dr. Destroyer Dr. Manhattan. I've always pictured Dr. Destroyer more like the later issues of Dr. Doom. He wants to take over the world because he honestly believes he will rule it best. He thinks order is everything, freedoms lead to chaos. If everyone is told exactly what to do, utopia is created. Foxbat would have to come up with a scheme to get rid of the greatest mind on the planet similar to what Ozy did with Dr. M.

Champions heroes tend to be a bit underpowered compared to the villains, don't they?

If we were to use villains in place of the Watchmen figures other than Ozymandias, a choice does suggest itself for a godawfully powerful figure who put himself back together posthumously and has the whole world anxious about what he'll do next...

Is there a master list of Champions Universe good guys? I've seen several reference lists of villains. I'm trying to think of somebody that would be a good Dr. Manhatten, but drawing a blank.

Oh yeah, and the Space Pirate Amazon Ninja Foxgirl watches Foxbat. :D

Cosmo for Doctor Manhatten. He was the official Cosmic Power Pool poster boy, and Hero of Russia is still a Hero. Adjust the pool level to taste.

Alternatively, Doctor Ka, who could be ascending to true godhood rather than Doc's science-god status.

I will rep anyone who posts a full write up for Foxbatmite' date=' complete with origin story and adventure seeds.[/quote']

Not even on the worst of days when the contractors are going nuts, the pain medication is refusing to kick in, the water for coffee has run out and they've once again changed to daylight savings time back in reality would I dream of writing up Foxbatmite.

There are things that man was not meant to know...

Champions heroes tend to be a bit underpowered compared to the villains, don't they?

If we were to use villains in place of the Watchmen figures other than Ozymandias, a choice does suggest itself for a godawfully powerful figure who put himself back together posthumously and has the whole world anxious about what he'll do next...

Are you thinking of Mechanon?

Doc

Really, the CU just isn't an appropriate venue for Watchmen, even good Watchmen satire.

The Watchmen book only works as well as it does because Superhumans are incredibly rare (we know of only one, or arguably two, plus a bunch of low level psychics). There are no known Supernatural threats, no Aliens, no physical Time Travel or Dimensional Travel, no Evil Organizations with access to magic or supertech other than Veidt International. You can make a Grim and Gritty CU, but one where the Watchmen scenario makes sense would look so little like the CU that you might as well just start from zero.

Hermit posted a great CU through the Ages a few years back. Maybe he could spin an entertaining Who Watches the Champions.

Okay' date=' I'm working on Foxbatmite.[/quote']

Oh Lord I knew I should of cut back on the caffiene. Look guys, can we forget I ever mentioned him? I'll go back, delete the post, we'll all pretend it never happened.

How's that?

Look, why not ignore the idea of Foxbatmite and do FoxbatHound instead eh? You can make it a beagle or a dachshund, give it a fleacollar forcefield and everything!

It's not going to work is it? We're doomed. Mother told me there would be days like this... :help: