About PRIMUS

JmOz

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: About PRIMUS

An idead I had for Primus is the P.U.M.A. (Primus Ultimate Martial Artist). Of course he is a Silver Avenger. Last night I thought about his role in the organization. He is charged with investigation' date=' and neutralization of threats from the Martial World.[/quote']

Interesting idea, both in the specific and the general. Expanding from your specific to the general, PRIMUS might have individuals or subunits tasked with addressing the various Worlds that intersect with the Superhuman World - Martial and Mystic immediately come to mind.

Interesting idea' date=' both in the specific and the general. Expanding from your specific to the general, PRIMUS might have individuals or subunits tasked with addressing the various Worlds that intersect with the Superhuman World - Martial and Mystic immediately come to mind.[/quote']

I agree, Ninja-bear, second post, goes right out the ball park, good job, good job indeed

An idead I had for Primus is the P.U.M.A. (Primus Ultimate Martial Artist). Of course he is a Silver Avenger. Last night I thought about his role in the organization. He is charged with investigation' date=' and neutralization of threats from the Martial World.[/quote']

very good

And, as long as we are posting our own PRIMUS ideas on JmOz's thread...

http://trinitycityknights.pbworks.com/PRIMUS

This is the history that I have developed for PRIMUS for my own games. It brings in a lot of the 4E CU for both PRIMUS and UNTIL regarding the dates when each agency started, mixes in NPCs and locations of my own creation, and changes the CU to reflect same. For example, Trinity City is a locale of my own creation, and the 1992 battle with Dr. Destroyer took place there instead of Detroit.

Also, the rest of the content I have posted there on other pages is basically deprecated. Some may be reworked (in my "copious free time"), but only the linked page reflects my current thoughts and intents. And even that page is incomplete, as I have not yet added the org structure for the current-day PRIMUS.

A few things, I am thinking that the "world Avengers" will be bronze avengers instead of silver, however they will probably be fairly high powered bronze avengers

this leads into something else I realised last night driving to work.

the true distinction on "level" of avengers should be howmuch there cyberline process costs, and even that should be in a range of min-max, to represent how well the process took to their RNA...

A few things, I am thinking that the "world Avengers" will be bronze avengers instead of silver, however they will probably be fairly high powered bronze avengers

this leads into something else I realised last night driving to work.

the true distinction on "level" of avengers should be howmuch there cyberline process costs, and even that should be in a range of min-max, to represent how well the process took to their RNA...

It was outright stated as such in the 4E PRIMUS eBook, as regards the Assault Agent/Silver Avenger/Golden Avenger structure presented there. As for 5E, we've only seen the Silver Avengers statted out; CU (p. 43) states that the Golden Avenger was the "most responsive" Cyberline recipient and presumably is more powerful than the Silvers we've seen. Your idea combines these two approaches quite well. I like it. How would you represent this for character generation if a player wanted a PC Avenger?

Plus, don't forget that Cyberline does not "freeze" or "lock" the recipient's physical abilities (based on 5E canon to date); an experienced Avenger of any level could very well have improved physical abilities due to ongoing activity and/or focused training. See VIPER-X for a likely example of this.

It was outright stated as such in the 4E PRIMUS eBook' date=' as regards the Assault Agent/Silver Avenger/Golden Avenger structure presented there. As for 5E, we've only seen the Silver Avengers statted out; [i']CU [/i](p. 43) states that the Golden Avenger was the "most responsive" Cyberline recipient and presumably is more powerful than the Silvers we've seen. Your idea combines these two approaches quite well. I like it. How would you represent this for character generation if a player wanted a PC Avenger?

Plus, don't forget that Cyberline does not "freeze" or "lock" the recipient's physical abilities (based on 5E canon to date); an experienced Avenger of any level could very well have improved physical abilities due to ongoing activity and/or focused training. See VIPER-X for a likely example of this.

I tend to be fairly loose about these things (Regarding PC) I would say it is the following

a perk for rank in PRIMUS

"Cyberline Powers" A certain number of real points spent on an approved powers list, all powers requireing a restrainable by other means and minor side effect (-1/4 + -1/4= -1/2), approved powers would be STR, DEX, CON, Body, Running, Swimming, Regen (1 Body per/min or less), Armor, some enhanced senses, etc...)

Package deal for training

On a rough guess the number of points

Avenger (formaly known as assualt agent) would be 15-30 Real points

Bronze Avenger (40-60)

Silver (75-100)

Gold, off limits to the player

I tend to be fairly loose about these things (Regarding PC) I would say it is the following

a perk for rank in PRIMUS

"Cyberline Powers" A certain number of real points spent on an approved powers list, all powers requireing a restrainable by other means and minor side effect (-1/4 + -1/4= -1/2), approved powers would be STR, DEX, CON, Body, Running, Swimming, Regen (1 Body per/min or less), Armor, some enhanced senses, etc...)

Package deal for training

On a rough guess the number of points

Avenger (formaly known as assualt agent) would be 15-30 Real points

Bronze Avenger (40-60)

Silver (75-100)

Gold, off limits to the player

I'd suggest a baseline for each level of Cyberline enhancement plus points that could be assigned at player's discretion, with GM approval. A list of suggested/preapproved powers/abilities would be helpful, but be a little open to player creativity - they will surprise you, and sometimes in good ways.

I'd suggest a baseline for each level of Cyberline enhancement plus points that could be assigned at player's discretion' date=' with GM approval. A list of suggested/preapproved powers/abilities would be helpful, but be a little open to player creativity - they will surprise you, and sometimes in good ways.[/quote']

definatly open to the players submitting ideas, the idea of the list is to show what is appropriate (basicaly adding to natural abilities)

I will consider the rest, when I start to write this up for my website, BTW, I will be adding your name to the bottom to thank you for all your help in this.

definatly open to the players submitting ideas, the idea of the list is to show what is appropriate (basicaly adding to natural abilities)

I will consider the rest, when I start to write this up for my website, BTW, I will be adding your name to the bottom to thank you for all your help in this.

Thank you. PRIMUS has long been a favorite niche of the CU for me, so I could discuss it for days. Recently, I've expanded that interest to the rest of the super-soldier/superhuman soldier "World" within the CU.

Also, your ideas about SAT have inspired me to include them in my own reformulated setting, so it's been beneficial for me as well.

Note: I always considered PRIMUS part of the Department of Justice and SAT as the Department of Defense.

Just my 2cents

QM

As I commented upthread, that's a very elegant way of structuring it. But if you want SAT operating within the U.S. you have to deal with Posse Comitatus, which prohibits the military (active, reserve, or National Guard) from engaging in law enforcement activities.

In my ever-developing setting, since I attached PRIMUS to the Office of the President, SAT is a joint Justice-Defense agency. They are officially Justice, but can be assigned in part or in full to Defense ala the Coast Guard pre-DHS. In practice, anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 of SAT's active strength (averaging 1/3) is under military operational jurisdiction at any time.

As I commented upthread, that's a very elegant way of structuring it. But if you want SAT operating within the U.S. you have to deal with Posse Comitatus, which prohibits the military (active, reserve, or National Guard) from engaging in law enforcement activities.

In my ever-developing setting, since I attached PRIMUS to the Office of the President, SAT is a joint Justice-Defense agency. They are officially Justice, but can be assigned in part or in full to Defense ala the Coast Guard pre-DHS. In practice, anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 of SAT's active strength (averaging 1/3) is under military operational jurisdiction at any time.

You know, maybe (re Posse Comitatus) the trick is how Villain Orgs are classified, if they are classified as terrorists instead of criminals...well still a stretch but not by much...

pere-DHS?

Before the real world Department of Homeland Security was created. IIRC the Coast Guard was moved from Treasury to Homeland Security, and I don't know if the policy of attaching the CG to the Navy in time of war still applies.

You know' date=' maybe (re Posse Comitatus) the trick is how Villain Orgs are classified, if they are classified as terrorists instead of criminals...well still a stretch but not by much...[/quote']

In the real world, due to Posse Comitatus, the FBI, not the military, handles domestic terrorists. In the CU, assuming that Posse Comitatus remains in force, there would be a definite need for a Federal law enforcement agency to handle VIPER et. al.

In the real world' date=' due to Posse Comitatus, the FBI, not the military, handles domestic terrorists. In the CU, assuming that Posse Comitatus remains in force, there would be a definite need for a Federal law enforcement agency to handle VIPER et. al.[/quote']

Good to know, good to know...

Good to know' date=' good to know...[/quote']

Bear in mind, though, that genuinely "black" ops (that is, secret stuff) may very well ignore Posse Comitatus. But if the cover is ever blown, the the law will apply, and the responsible parties will likely be "disavowed" to protect those still higher.

Posse Comitatus is a Latin term meaning "power of the county". As to the restrictions discussed above: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act. However, this article (http://www.homelandsecurity.org/journal/articles/Trebilcock.htm) suggests that the application may not be quite so absolute; note that the latter article is dated October 2000. A more recent counter-argument can be found here: http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=5115. And we have quickly diverted toward NGD territory at this point...

Switching back on topic, I was thinking about what are you going to do to SAT? Having a rivalry with the group (which ever one you play) was always fun. Now last I heard, that group got absorbed into Primus, but I think that if it is kept seperate you could use it as a foil; even if their just window dressing.

P.S. Thanks for the positive comments about PUMA. One reason that I have been a lurker for so long (besides computer problems) is that while I think that my ideas are good, I'm a litttle heisitant to trow them out to the public. :o