Alex Mercer of Protoype Video Game.

Ragdoll

In short, I'm looking to duplicate his powers. Most of his stuff looks pretty easy. Claws, strength, AoE attacks, shape shifting, etc, etc.

The only thing I'm not sure about is his ability to absorb people, and through doing so gain their memories. I'm guessing some kind of telepathy power, but, I'm not sure.

Suggestions? :)

Re: Alex Mercer of Protoype Video Game.

Telepathy would probably work in this instance. Just buy telepathy enough to get a "can read memories" roll on the average opponent consistently. I'm assuming supers wouldn't be so easily beaten and absorbed...so this really only needs to affect at best..an agent level opponent.

Rob

The only thing I'm not sure about is his ability to absorb people' date=' and through doing so gain their memories. I'm guessing some kind of telepathy power, but, I'm not sure.[/quote']

Alex kills and absorbs most people in seconds. In so doing, he gains access to all of a targets skills and memories, which he can call upon later whenever he needs them.

Telepathy won't really do it on it's own, since you get to ask one question per action. You would need a truly massive amount of telepathy, possibly with a truly massive amount of Autofire. But that only takes care of a fraction of the "knowing what they know" type stuff.

For Skills, you need something akin to a Skill VPP.

And maybe KS: Memories of The Absorbed at a ridiculous level.

Or Multiform.

Or a Major Transform that turns living people into invisibile/intangiible/transdimensional mental constructs/ghosts that follow Alex and exist only to answer his questions about their former lives. Summon or an ever growing pool of Followers can serve much the same purpose...

I'd probably handle Absorbing people and thereafter having access to their skills and memories with a GMs Permission Skill VPP and KS: Memories of My Absorbed Victims at 25- (giving him around a 15- for the memories of any one victim).

Multiform works as well.

Sounds like a heavily Limited Retrocognition Clairsentience ‘only to know info of absorbed victims’. Doesn’t help much with the Skills that aren’t simple Knowledge Skills, but if you want to permanently be able to do something you should have to buy it anyway.

Of course I’m not all that familiar with the character…

Retrocognition Only to read the experiences/memories of his targets with perhaps a Skill VPP or the optional Universal Skill from the Ultimate Skill with a limitation that can only duplicate skills of absorbed targets?

A weird idea; EDM UAA into "Consumed space" and a Continuous Transdimensional Telepathy to read memories/communicate and a Mind Control: "Use your skills to help me" That wouldn't really help with the physical skills though.

Actually, that could work:

Stomach: Small base, extradimensional.

Swallow: EDM UaA, only on unconcious victims.

Your base has the following powers:

Subconcious: An AI to run it.

Connection: A Transdimensional Mind Link from the AI to you.

Encyst: Transform, turns anyone in the Stomach into an immobile blob that doesn't need to eat or breathe.

Extract Memories: Telepathy

Extract Skills: Transdimension Transform (target is you), only to grant skills possessed by swallowed victims.

Digest: RKA, to dispose of no longer needed victims.

This wouldn't have to be as expensive as it sounds. If you're willing to wait a few minutes to get the full benefits of swallowing someone, then none of the base's powers need to be more than 1d6 - not too expensive even with advantages. And since it's a base, you're already at the 1:5 rate.