open Beta for Preorders?

mojo_bones

Re: open Beta for Preorders?

I pre-ordered from Amazon.

I haven't received my key yet. I will probably call them tomorrow if I haven't gotten it. I had a similar problem way back with one of the updates for Ultima Online. I never got a key for a freebie.

It was a real hassle to get it. You would think after all this time that they would either get the bugs worked out of the system or stop doing this kind of thing.

I pre-ordered from Amazon.

I haven't received my key yet. I will probably call them tomorrow if I haven't gotten it. I had a similar problem way back with one of the updates for Ultima Online. I never got a key for a freebie.

It was a real hassle to get it. You would think after all this time that they would either get the bugs worked out of the system or stop doing this kind of thing.

Or you would learn not to order them from Amazon. Just sayin...

Or you would learn not to order them from Amazon. Just sayin...

Well, in my defense, this is only the second time I've done it and the two instances were over 10 years apart. One would think they would have the bugs worked out by now.

Rest assured, no more 'key' pre-orders from Amazon.

preordered from a gamestop walk in store. I knew from bugged them enough that they called me when the preorder cards came in on the 5th.

On the CO forums some people are saying that gamestop ran out of codes and can't get anymore. No idea how that will effect those people from getting the preorder goodies since they were assigned to the pre order account, created with the beta key, at the CO website.

I apparently missed the bit where they said open beta was only available to pre orders. Tsk.

Actually, my understanding was that you could still get it by belonging to File Planet.

Of course, considering that I've been at the patching phase for 15 hours now...I wouldn't rush over there.

Actually, my understanding was that you could still get it by belonging to File Planet.

Of course, considering that I've been at the patching phase for 15 hours now...I wouldn't rush over there.

The link Fileplanet provides requires me to be a paid member of Fileplanet to download the game, or to have a preorder key. But yes, sounds like the usual fun during the start of open beta. Stress testing everything to make sure it can survive the real launch.

The link Fileplanet provides requires me to be a paid member of Fileplanet to download the game' date=' or to have a preorder key. But yes, sounds like the usual fun during the start of open beta. Stress testing everything to make sure it can survive the real launch.[/quote']

Established pretty quickly that the patcher needs some work, it sounds like...

From post from Bill roper on the CO website they had two problems:

1) They didn't expect this many people (40k+) which to me is lame since they knew they were giving out 50k beta keys.

2) There was a bug in patcher making everyone download the entire game instead of the 900MB patch.

Even after the fixes to the launcher it was still very slow going for the patch.

But the game is fun once you get in.

From post from Bill roper on the CO website they had two problems:

1) They didn't expect this many people (40k+) which to me is lame since they knew they were giving out 50k beta keys.

2) There was a bug in patcher making everyone download the entire game instead of the 900MB patch.

Even after the fixes to the launcher it was still very slow going for the patch.

But the game is fun once you get in.

They seem to have done some work on it. When I fired it up last night it only took a few minutes to patch up from the downloaded version.

And yeah, the game itself is nice. :)

Well' date=' a $5 pre-order deposit got me the Beta key. I have determined that i'll need a better rig that this laptop to run this puppy.[/quote']

it runs fairly well on my laptop. an HP with an AMD dual core 2.4 processor, 4Gig ram and ATI chipset with HD3200 integrated graphics. I have to use a USB mouse though, the touch pad was not made for gaming..

it runs fairly well on my laptop. an HP with an AMD dual core 2.4 processor' date=' 4Gig ram and ATI chipset with HD3200 integrated graphics. I have to use a USB mouse though, the touch pad was not made for gaming..[/quote']

I ordered some ram and we'll see how that works.