Xbox 360 Version of Champions Online Being Held Back By MS

Ragdoll

Re: Xbox 360 Version of Champions Online Being Held Back By MS

I'm guessing what one of the comments said is true. It's all about money.

Micro$oft just wants to make sure that if there's money to be made in the venture, they can either claim the lion's share of it, or steal the technology and try to take over the market. :P

Here is what I do not get. If MS is worried about subs' date=' they already have that Final Fantasy game doing that. Why can't they copy it technically and offer Atari the same terms?[/quote']

Because that's not what they're 'really' worried about would be my guess.

Well you should play it on the PC anyway, it looks great at 1680x1050. Many will say PC rigs are too many $$$, but I say building your own PC is like building your own lightsaber, it makes you a full geek and not just an padywan.

Personally, I think any MMORPG on a console should be usable without extra fees. Take the XBox ... you pay for internet, you pay for Live ... and then you have to pay for CO?! No thanks.

I'm also in a boat with Lord Mhoram and have a great computer that's starting to show its age. But even if I got a new one, I doubt I'd pay to play a game that I had to pay for in the first place. I could see paying for certain content like Exteel, but my days of paying to play are long over.

Personally' date=' I think any MMORPG on a console should be usable without extra fees. Take the XBox ... you pay for internet, you pay for Live ... and then you have to pay for CO?! No thanks. [/quote']

They've said you'll only need the free version of Live to play CO. If it, you know, ever comes out on the 360. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Grargh! I who bought playstation so I would not have to deal with the hassle of a pc to be gaming! Pc machines are in my hands fragile pices of crap. I dust them I vacuum them I put them directly under the aircondition, I had it repaired a thousand times it still slows down and overheats!

Greetings

I don't own an XBox, but I was hoping they would get this. It could instantly add a bunch of eager players, which in turn, is good for the game.

The life span of a game these days, even a really good, popular MMO seems to be 3-4 years tops. People may still play after that, but no where near as many. Then it's on to the next version, or another game.

So the more people playing... the better. If numbers don't increase, the life span of CO could be short.