Does this work in 6e?

tgaptte

Re: Does this work in 6e?

Ah cool! New rules for using a movement power as an attack? I'll have to go read those' date=' thanks GA.[/quote']

Not really, I just added a series of Limited Power Limitations to make it work appropriately.

I stole "Horizontal Only" from Leaping and then made up the last one.

It's legal but I don't think it gets the benefit of the removed KB resistance. Just like draining a defense the attack has to go against the full defense and then subsequent attacks go against the lowered defense. Would still do the knockback of a 12d attack and for the rest of the segment the target has no kb resistance to any other attackers.

6e Rules question for you all:

When does a dispelled defense drop? After attack? End of phase?

I did not find a reference to this in the 6e book....can someone provide a page reference?

Here's another example:

Hero A dispels Villain X's Knockback Resistance in Phase 5

Hero B then attacks Villain X with his Blast in the same Phase. Does Villain X get his Knockback resistance versus Hero B's attack?

6e Rules question for you all:

When does a dispelled defense drop? After attack? End of phase?

I did not find a reference to this in the 6e book....can someone provide a page reference?

Here's another example:

Hero A dispels Villain X's Knockback Resistance in Phase 5

Hero B then attacks Villain X with his Blast in the same Phase. Does Villain X get his Knockback resistance versus Hero B's attack?

Ah...looks like BNakagawa just answered my question...and yes I knew it was cheesy when I built it...but still wanted to try it out ;)

The 5th ed FAQ states that it doesn't work on people who have no KBR and against people who do, the KBR is dispelled before the KB is applied (assuming that the dispel dice exceed the KBR points and when is that not going to happen...)

I'm guessing that when the 6th ed FAQ gets compiled, the same mechanics will apply...

I've used it before (with a cone explosion to boot) and, yeah, it's just loaded with hi-grade cheese.

Hmm. Not at all sure I like/agree with this ruling. I agree that it's nasty, but I'm not at all sure that its THAT much nastier than just buying Blast with Double Knockback and a Limitation that it ONLY does Knockback (no direct damage). And the part about the target not taking Knockback if the target doesn't have the Power being targeted by the Dispel... not sure I can agree with that either. It seems like a kludge that's aimed only at this kind of build.

So just make it Dispel running... :eg: Virtually everyone has Running. True, you won't remove the KB Resistance, but you'll still get your Knockback-Only attack for fewer Active Points. (Which is fair, IMO. A KB-only attack *should* be fewer Active Points. Causing damage via KB is very situational and unreliable...)

Hmm. Not at all sure I like/agree with this ruling. I agree that it's nasty' date=' but I'm not at all sure that its THAT much nastier than just buying Blast with Double Knockback and a Limitation that it ONLY does Knockback (no direct damage). And the part about the target not taking Knockback if the target doesn't have the Power being targeted by the Dispel... not sure I can agree with that either. It seems like a kludge that's aimed only at this kind of build.[/quote']

But it’s consistent through the system. A Hearing Flash with Does KB will never Knockback a deaf person or a Sight Flash a blind person. If you use Dispel or Flash or whatever, instead of a traditional damage Power, why shouldn’t being immune to the Power make them immune to the Knockback? That’s a risk the person takes when they use a weird build, especially one that may very well have the goal of trying to sneak one past the GM.