APG Discussion thread

megaplayboy

Re: APG Discussion thread

There must be something about my brain: the first thing my eye fell on was the expanded STR table, the entry for 31 STR.

I'm not sure that an average telephone pole weighs 1867kg: it would have to be a class 1 60 footter - which is a pretty big one. http://www.jea.com/about/pub/downloads/contractor/OH-2-Poles.pdf

Also a stegosaurus weighs more like 4500kg http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stegosaurus

Still, it's looking good :) The realistic throwing tables are fantastic - 65 STR lets you throw a normal sized person into ORBIT.

HA! Woot!

The first cool thing was the option to adjust lift capacity for heroic genres, so Doc Brutal can't toss that Bugatti around.

Realistic throwing, lifting etc. were also pretty neat.

The options for SPD--limited speed, speed beyond 12, "secondary" speed--were all pretty cool.

Some of the suggestions in the skills section I've seen before, but it's still useful to see it in a 6th ed book. The perks and talents options were pretty useful too.

Casual PRE is kinda spiffy, though obviously it has the potential to be imbalancing.

Attack vs. Alternate Characteristic :thumbup:

Combining is a definite head-scratcher, will take me some time to suss out how it works.

Mental powers rules, including new breakout roll options--thanks!

I'll let others give their feedback on cyberkinesis and possession.:)

Damage Reduction's new "option" will, I predict, trigger the most heated discussion.:eg:

(though the new advantage deals with that fairly nicely...)

The new growth templates--awesome.

The regen options will also trigger some major responses, imo.:)

Psychic surgeons must have high malpractice premiums...

The AoE options are pretty cool, and so is the Proportional advantage/limitation.

The new options for Vulnerability create a great way to balance out even ultra-powerful characters.

Glad to see the Velocity factor rules return, as well as some stuff from the Ultimate books(contests of power, etc.)

I used the word "pretty" a lot...anyway I'd say it's a must buy, even if you're sticking with 4th or 5th there are a lot of ideas worth at least considering/experimenting with here.

:D

Does this mean what I think it means? Do we finally have a way to model those video-game "reduces target to half HP BODY or STUN" powers?

Hmm. Well, I'd say it's more like a werewolf getting stronger during a full moon. You could probably do the effect you mentioned in a variety of ways...

No. What you have is a way to make a power work at some lesser or greater proportion than normal in certain circumstances.

Fair enough. I always figured that the 'proportion of target's stats' would be unbalanced without careful controls, but I thought you might have found a way to do it.

The actual Proportional sounds like it should be more elegant than having to buy variously limited (or advantaged) levels of a single power, which is quite nice.

No. What you have is a way to make a power work at some lesser or greater proportion than normal in certain circumstances.

It wasn't clear to me whether the proportional power could be incremental, with it reaching higher increments in progressively less common circumstances(i.e., let's say it's x1.5 half the time, x2 one third of the time, x3 one quarter of the time, x4 one eighth of the time...). I guess I can play around with it and work that out...

Aha! Sounds like a winner for creating the Power of Shadow, as used by the Shadow Watcher and Night Fury! (They can enhance intelligence and intellectual powers in proportion with the darkness.)

Sweet! That's exactly something I've been looking for. I have a campaign setting where there are mystical "hot spots" across the globe, the closer a character gets to one of these "hot spots" the more powerful they become.

Until now I've been using mulitform with the PC's switching to a different (more powerful) version of their character the closer they get to a "hot spot" (and likewise a less and less powerful version the further they get away from a "hot spot" until they go back to being "normal" humans.)

I'll have to get this book and see if this will work we'll for my setting.

I really like the ability to target different stats... my fear character is so much more... consistent with all her mental powers targeting PRE instead of EGO. Also added an entangle to her repertoire based on suggestions in that section.

The expansion of the CE section was also 100% good news... keep the good stuff coming!

keep the good stuff coming!

Well, we're doin' our best. :hex:

If the APG continues to be so well-received, perhaps we'll have to consider doing an APG2, etc., later on. Though I'm not sure if it's feasible to come up with another 100-200 pages of ideas of equal caliber on a regular basis. But we'll see. ;)

Glad y'all are enjoying the book!

If the APG continues to be so well-received' date=' perhaps we'll have to consider doing an APG2, etc., later on. Though I'm not sure if it's feasible to come up with another 100-200 pages of ideas of equal caliber on a regular basis. But we'll see. ;)[/quote']A non-genre-specific version of the Mass Combat rules would be a good start. ;) And I'm sure we (the fans) can find much more to suggest. :D

Well, we're doin' our best. :hex:

If the APG continues to be so well-received, perhaps we'll have to consider doing an APG2, etc., later on. Though I'm not sure if it's feasible to come up with another 100-200 pages of ideas of equal caliber on a regular basis. But we'll see. ;)

Glad y'all are enjoying the book!

Well, I think another one every 18-24 months would be just peachy. Once a year isn't necessary.:)

APG 2 seems like a "back shelf" product. Every time a neat idea comes up, it goes into the "APG 2" box and, when it's full enough for another 200 or so pages, APG 2 comes out.

If you want to accelerate the process, Sticky an "APG 2 - WDYWYS" thread and see what added ideas come up.

As for promising a specific schedule, consistent with the "not going back to the way things were", I suggest no specific schedule be adopted. Why? Adventurer's Club! When there are enough goodies to make it a viable product, it gets into the mix.

APG 2 seems like a "back shelf" product. Every time a neat idea comes up, it goes into the "APG 2" box and, when it's full enough for another 200 or so pages, APG 2 comes out.

That's sort of the way I'm thinking of it, with the caveat that I already have chunks of published and unpublished material that might be valid inclusions, plus 1,247 pages of 6E discussion to comb through for ideas if desired. ;)

That's sort of the way I'm thinking of it' date=' with the caveat that I already have chunks of published and unpublished material that might be valid inclusions, plus 1,247 pages of 6E discussion to comb through for ideas if desired. ;)[/quote']

Have you thought about removing Comeliness? :rofl:

Ahem...hehehe

Sorry, um, Well, I for one would be all over the Mass Combat System and I am still waiting on my APG, but I'm a sucker for optional rules and would certainly pick up an APG-X regardless of its utility.