The Doctor is Back !

st barbara

Well it looks as if one of my favorite characters "Doc Savage" is making yet another comeback to the comic medium. DC will be chronicling his adventures, starting with a "Batman/Doc Savage" story real soon (next month I think) then continuing with an ongoing series featuring one of Pulp Fiction's greatest heros ! I'll be lining up for these comics I can tell you. I just hope that they last a bit longer than some previous attempts to translate "The Man Of Bronze" to the comic medium !:celebrate

Re: The Doctor is Back !

Reading the comments on the article made me sad. :(

I realize most of them are probably mouth-breathing trolls, but the idea that there's a generation of comic-book readers out there who don't know who Doc Savage is... well, it makes a grown man weep. :weep:

Sorry you had to experience that. My number one rule-- developed when I first encountered youTube:

Never, ever, _ever_ read the comments. Never. They just make you fairly certain that there is no intelligent life _anywhere_ in the universe. :(

If you read too many, you can actually start to feel your own brain cells dying off in wave after wave of mass suicide.

I'll also point everyone to the following article on Aint It Cool News:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42832

Essentially, writer Shane Black (The Last Boy Scout, Lethal Weapon, and others) revealed that he'd been contracted to write a Doc Savage film script for producers Orci & Kurtzman (Star Trek, others).

Sorry you had to experience that. My number one rule-- developed when I first encountered youTube:

Never, ever, _ever_ read the comments. Never. They just make you fairly certain that there is no intelligent life _anywhere_ in the universe. :(

If you read too many, you can actually start to feel your own brain cells dying off in wave after wave of mass suicide.

Actually, I'm kinda of glad that I did read the comments, because by doing so I found out that there is Solomon Kane movie coming out and it is far enough along to have it's own trailer.

Well' date=' I did put out the word about that here.

Sorry you missed it. :(

Sorry. I'm just not a Dracula fan, so the Van Helsing title didn't get a click.

I'm just hoping that the film makers remember that Solomon Kane is a dour puritan and not a standard action hero. The movie trailer is very action centric, but you can't always judge a movie by its trailer.

Sorry. I'm just not a Dracula fan, so the Van Helsing title didn't get a click.

I'm just hoping that the film makers remember that Solomon Kane is a dour puritan and not a standard action hero. The movie trailer is very action centric, but you can't always judge a movie by its trailer.

Yeah, my bad for not being more explicit. :o

I have some hope. The trailer seems to portray him as a tortured hero, risking his soul for the sake of innocents, and the stories did have that feel (at least the ones I read).

Besides, there's the tagline at the end. ("There are many roads to redemption. Not all of them are peaceful.") I've created many a character with that motivation. :D

Yeah, my bad for not being more explicit. :o

I have some hope. The trailer seems to portray him as a tortured hero, risking his soul for the sake of innocents, and the stories did have that feel (at least the ones I read).

Besides, there's the tagline at the end. ("There are many roads to redemption. Not all of them are peaceful.") I've created many a character with that motivation. :D

:D

Yeah, I've got my fingers crossed. The average viewer rating of it among non-US viewers is 8.4 out of 10, and that is pretty good. The reason I'm singling out non-US viewers is because the only place that the movie has shown is a film festival in Spain, so I'm thinking that the US voters haven't actually seen it.

Re: The Doctor is Back

Chris decided to only do one season before they ever started filming the show to begin with. Dave should last longer' date=' besides, they will find a way to bring him back, come on. It is Sci-Fi you know...[/quote']

Errrrr.....I believe that you are thinking of Dr Who.

The OP was referring to Doc Savage ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doc_Savage )

-Carl-

• 3 weeks later...

Re: The Doctor is Back

Errrrr.....I believe that you are thinking of Dr Who.

The OP was referring to Doc Savage ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doc_Savage )

-Carl-

Oops my bad ! Because this was posted in the "Pulp" board i assumed that people would know which Doctor" I was referring too. I like "Dr Who" but i'm not sure that he could be defined as a "pulp" character !