THE ULTIMATE BASE Now Available In PDF In The Online Store

Steve Long

Re: THE ULTIMATE BASE Now Available In PDF In The Online Store

Is this the 'Kingdoms' game I heard you (Steve) mention in a chat recently?

The rules for Kingdom creation and play -- for creating and playing nations, cities, kingdoms, planets, empires, interstellar confederacies, or even organizations -- are in The Ultimate Base, that's correct. ;)

This means the print version should be reaching the stores soon?

Depends on how you define "soon." If by "soon" you mean "within a week," then the answer is No (though it should be in the Online Store by then, I'd think). If by "soon" you mean, "Within, oh, 3-4 weeks, allowing for holiday-related delays," then I'd say the answer is probably Yes. ;)

Will the book/pdf bundle be on hold until the books arrive in warehouse? There's probably a lot of people that would buy the bundle and wait for the physical book.

Count me in as one of those people. I absolutely want the book. But I would buy a book/pdf bundle now, even knowing it might take a couple of months for the book to arrive.

Is the Ultimate Base a 6th ed book only. Dose it clearly list the differences that 5th Edition R. has form 6th? A number of us in El Paso where looking forward to it but we are not 6th players so is it easy to use with 5th?

Lord Ghee

The only serious change in Base Rules from 5th to 6th is that 6th Splits DEF into PD and ED.

Beyond that, it's pretty irrelevant which rules you use. And I can say from play test experience that unless Steve did some really really really serious changes they are essentially independent of the Version of Hero you're using.

Beyond that, Ult. Base will be listed as a 6th Ed. Book just because it'd be silly not to do so.

What ghost-angel says about UBA is correct. Aside from the changes that 6E worked to Base Characteristics -- like adding a third dimension to Size and reworking DEF and PD and ED -- everything in UBA is pretty much exactly as it would've been had it been written under the 5E rules.

Will the book/pdf bundle be on hold until the books arrive in warehouse? There's probably a lot of people that would buy the bundle and wait for the physical book.

I'm another person that would so totally buy the bundle even if I had to wait a while for the books (I did it with 6th ed after all). I suppose tho that we have to wait til you'd be able to ship it so that you don't peev off distributors or something tho. Sigh, guess I'll just have to wait til the bundle is up!

::edit::

Also I'm planning on only buying bundles unless I'm so strapped for cash but still need a book, so I'd definitely buy bundles as a book pre-order in the future too!

There seems to be a map missing from the Justice Squadron Mansion. The 3rd floor legend shows for the medical wing to see separate map but then the only separate map is for the west wing of the 5th floor. I do not see why that had to have it's own separate breakout since the separate map dos not show much more detail than the main map. Either way, where is the separate map for the medical wing?

I'm another person that would so totally buy the bundle even if I had to wait a while for the books (I did it with 6th ed after all). I suppose tho that we have to wait til you'd be able to ship it so that you don't peev off distributors or something tho. Sigh, guess I'll just have to wait til the bundle is up!

::edit::

Also I'm planning on only buying bundles unless I'm so strapped for cash but still need a book, so I'd definitely buy bundles as a book pre-order in the future too!

I'm so dittoing this. :P