Demo version of Champions Online available

CptPatriot

http://www.champions-online.com/demo

The detail are essentially

• You can play inside the Millennium City crisis. Push back the invading Qularr; work with Defender, Sapphire and Ironclad to save the city; and meet other Champions along the way.
  • You may create two different characters within our character creator.
  • You have unlimited play time. Play as much as you like.

It is a nice way to judge the gameplay for yourself and test out their character creator.

Re: Demo version of Champions Online available

I downloaded it to play with the character generator. Of course, it doesn't work for some reason. Looking over the forums there, it seems I'm not the only one with the issue, though no one is saying what the issue is.

~Rex

Does anyone else feel this is a desperate move to try and get more subscribers? I usually only see free demos and trials for games that have been around awhile or that are in trouble. As Champions Online has been around less then 5 months they don't fit the criteria of the former.

I certainly hope I'm wrong and the game is doing well.

Does anyone else feel this is a desperate move to try and get more subscribers? I usually only see free demos and trials for games that have been around awhile or that are in trouble. As Champions Online has been around less then 5 months they don't fit the criteria of the former.

I certainly hope I'm wrong and the game is doing well.

WoW has had free demos since it started. I think the idea of a free trial is a good one.

Considering the economy, and how Cheap in general the average video game player is (willing to spend 8K on the Game rig, but if you charge them 30 bucks for the game, stand back, and hope you have attack dog gear on), free bait, is always good bait. Most of the griping though seems to be more about the Lag that will be generated by allowing all the Free people in, and some of the other griping is more that the level should be limited but they should get to see More of the game, that sort of thing. Still, and awful lot of griping.

Wish I could get them to answer the Why won't this work questions I've sent, Got all the updates, drivers, gear, downloaded it multiple times, and still, it says, see Billing Support. Annoying Free Bait is it.

~Rex

• 2 weeks later...

This seems to fall in line with other things they are doing. They did free trials early on and this seems to be a clean way of preventing that from being exploited. Also, throwing out two rather detailed events for Halloween and Christmas I hope this is a sign of things to come with regular events to spark people's interest. That said I also hope that these events do not take the place of actual content being added.