Storn Idea to full picture Year 7

death tribble

Is it really a year since I last did this ?

Those of you who are regular frequenters of the board will recall that for the last six years I have run threads about getting a character commissioned and drawn by Storn. The first year we did this we also had the prelim drawings and in year 4 as well.

The first winner was the pic called Cyanide, 2nd winner Sadhana an Asian Indian mystic, the third winner was Enforcer84's ice brick Glacier, the fourth was Pattern Ghost’s Star, the fifth year an amalgm of two ideas a patriot, female armour wearer and last year my own Captain Gorilla of the Star Patrol. They are mostly still in Storn's thread or in Myrlyn's wonderful collection online (see Storn's thread for details).

You can see some in the initial posts of the year 6 thread.

Previously some of the entries so caught people's imagination that they were commissioned as well including Myrlyn's Jabberwock for one, Bob Greenwade's Speedbump and a picture called Shard.

I will commission a new piece of art from Storn for probably end May and we have until then to come up with ideas for him to do. I have revised the rules from the past six years.

First off people are allowed to contribute ideas BUT there is a snag.

As I am the one paying for it, I have to approve it. And Storn has to be willing to draw it. Part of the idea is to challenge the artist with something he hasn't done before or not done in a while.

So some ground restrictions and rules.

(1) The picture has to be for Champions. It is what I play and it is in this forum that the thread is posted.

(2) Again this year patriots are welcome. But note, the 2008 winner was a patriot in that they wore the colours of Kenya. So it will be harder to convince me of a patriot as I have British Bulldog waiting to be done. I also have over 50 American patriotic or quasi patriotic heroes from pics or that Etherio put up previously. And try naming them. Sheesh !

If you have a good idea for a non-British or non-American patriot, please post the idea.

It may be easier to get a non-US patriot done as this has a great deal of novelty value for not just Storn and I but everyone else as well.

(3) I am also allowing standard gun users again as they have not won at all. However Storn remains to be convinced.

(4) Beast motifs. Probably not. I had the Lioness pic done two years ago. And have an awful load of these already. There is a Tiger Man in the works as well.

(5) Cheesecake. And anyone asking what this is risks a violent tribillating. I have more than one in the pipeline waiting completion. And other ideas pending. Therefore I will probably not be selecting one purely on cheesecake terms.

(6) No kid heroes/villains. I like the over 18 crowd and proper heroes such as Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman etc. Anyone even suggesting something akin to the Power R*****S will be summarily subject to a dousing with crude oil. And this year we set you alight as well. And then dance around you invoking Mightybec.

(7) It must be something that I would want to use and something that would interest me. If not then no go ahead.

(8) Storn has certain restrictions of his own both because he will be putting the final product on his web site and has his own likes and dislikes. With this we will heed the former and indulge the latter. No Intellectual Property for example so no pics of Batman, Superman, Spiderman, Captain America.

(9) Idea can be of an agent, a normal superhero/villain or a boss/mastermind.

Bearing in mind the number of votes that Agent and Boss/Mastermind got in the 2008 trope poll I ran, this is still a good time to get this posted. No-one really cottoned onto this last year. Nor of the Beautiful Female Martial Artist.

(10) If you want Superman, Batman or Green Lantern analogues there has to be some thing about them visually to make Storn and I want to portray it and pay for it. If you don't post an idea, then it can't get done.

(11) Anyone who has had their idea done previously can apply again. There is no prejudice or bias either for or against you.

I'll post my own ideas as well plus ones from previous years that I am still willing to consider and may yet independently commission. So post your idea, if I like it then we'll proceed.

You may just have a name and we can bash ideas around about it until we get a full picture.

Of course if you don't like this approach you could always ask Storn yourself.

We have all through the months of March and April to post and reject ideas.

But it may take longer. And usually does.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Storn Idea to full picture Year 7

I propose a cosmic-level character that I have sitting in my stable of heroes.

Background/History:

ZeQindiEL has been known by countless names over countless ages. To the Mesoamericans, it was the one of the Divine Feathered Serpents, to the Hebrew people, it was on of God's Angels, to the Ancient Fex it was part of the Circle of Galiru. As magic waxed and waned in the Universe, ZeQindiEL's direct influence likewise ebbed and flowed. In the 31st Century, the Klovel Event returned and supernatural power returned to the Universe in a flood. The High Divinities understood that the time was again right for an agent to return to the lives of mortals and help guide their destiny. Thus, they again turned to ZeQindiEL to shepherd the mortals they love so dearly.

Personality/Motiviation:

ZeQindiEL is a Divine Being, an inhabitant of Heaven and a shepherd of mortal souls. It's purpose is to lead mortals to lives of virtue and afterlives in paradise. In its current incarnation, it has chosen the mantle of one of the new superheroes of this Galactic age, and will guide as an example of virtue and heroism. ZeQindiEL is a resolute being, certain in its own mind of the rightness of its cause and the Glory seeded within the souls of sentient beings and mortals throughout the Galaxy. Likewise, while forgiving of minor transgressions and understanding the limits of the mortal soul, it is uncompromising in its struggle against Evil and those unredeemable spirits which seek to tempt and drag mortal souls away from the Divine.

Powers/Tactics:

In the hierarchy of the Heavens, ZeQindiEL is still just a Minor Deity, but from a mortal perspective, it wields tremendous power. It can assume the form of any Mortal being it chooses, or reveal its true nature as a being of near-perfect Glory. Its voice carries the authority and weight of the High Divinities, and its physical body is immortal and adapted to exist in almost any environment. ZeQindiEL's divine power is very adaptable and protean, and can manifest in nearly any manner ZeQindiEL wishes, from healing to telepathy to telekinesis or simply bolts of Divine Power.

Campaign Use:

ZeQindiEL is a direct representative of the High Divinities, and as such is an example of the philosophical ideal of a Hero. It is a combination of Chaplain and Crusader. Its power may not be as great in any single given area as its fellow superheroes (for example, ZeQindiEL can channel its power into physical strength, and become quite strong even by Galactic Standards, but there are many superbeings who are much stronger by nature) but it can adapt its power to nearly any situation, thus being able to support its companions in creative and indirect ways.

Appearance:

In its Divine Form, ZeQindiEL combines elements of many creatures and archetypes which are at once unique and strangely familiar to anyone who witnesses it. Having existed for the long Aeons of Creation and touched almost every civilization which has arisen, its body reflects the visions of all those peoples and their conceptions of what they understand as "Divine". Unless it uses its power to suppress the effect, ZeQindiEL is normally surrounded by a golden aura of light.

"Thy villainous ways can only lead to destruction and despair. Turn thy face back to the Light and free thy soul from the tyranny of wickedness!"

I'll leave most of the visual details up to the Tribble and Storn, but the challenge this character poses is to create an image of power, glory and mercy without relying on the traditions of any single culture. ZeQindiEL is not a robed, winged Herald singing the praises of a bearded old man sitting on a throne in the sky. Being from the Galactic Champions setting, the character can be pushed further by contrasting its spiritual concept against the backdrop of Space and Super-Science.

I'm going to be a broken record again DT, as I still want to see some Wonderland villains, and with the new movie coming out and all maybe this is the year!

Villains based on some Lewis Carroll characters (not necessarily to be associated with the Cheshire Cat or the Gryphon).

In my campaign, Wonderland is a real alternate dimension, but is also a slightly darker place than is perhaps depicted in the Lewis Carroll tales (though granted some parts of his tales are already dark). Some characters based on these tales might include:

• Alice - The adult version of the young Alice that tumbled down the rabbit hole. She faced some very scary creatures in Wonderland, and almost lost her head. These childhood traumas have hardened her and made her into a modern Martial Artist/Monster Hunter type (a la Buffy). Anti-hero NPC.
  • Tweedledee and Tweedledum - This brick pair can drain peoples very intelligence merely by uttering a few warped and twisted phrases/riddles. Both are idiots themselves, and can be easily duped. Prone to combating one another as much as fighting their foes. Pathological fear of crows.
  • Knave of Hearts (also known as The Jack of Hearts) - A master thief, with a reputation for romantic deviltry (sometimes you just can't beat the archetype).
  • Queen of Hearts - An insane murderer and psychopath, but with a commanding presence. Wields a rod that can deliver a variety of power blasts. She is accompanied by her card soldiers/henchmen.
  • The White Rabbit - This speedster is always in a rush to go somewhere, but is often easily confused. Also possesses ability to shrink to a mere fraction of his original size.
  • The Caterpillar - A bizarre oracle like being, capable of inducing incredible shrinking and growth size changes in others using his mushrooms. Perhaps has some gas based NND attacks from his hookah.
  • The March Hare - A madcap serial rapist villain. Despicable to the core and loony beyond compare. (Why a rapist? It comes from the roots of the phrase "Mad as a March hare")
  • The Mad Hatter - It's just not a party without this insane criminal genius. A mentalist capable of projecting maddening illusions and causing vertigo like effects. Obsessed with time and time themed villains and heroes.
  • The Duchess - A female brick of noble birth but with repugnant features who suffers from a multiple personality disorder causing her to alternate between kindly gestures and vicious, brutish attacks.

I'll also try to come up with some mroe original ideas for the thread too. :) Looking forward to seeing the final commission DT!

Pure

A genetically altered solier. He was designed by the Institute for Human Advancement to hunt down mutants. He wears a t-shirt that reads "I see Mutants! and Kill'em!" He has a mutant detector in one hand and a really big gun in the other.

I've been toying with running an adventure/campaign arc based on the long lost Wings of the Valkyrie adventure. To that end I submit the following WWII themed character:

• Hauptmann Reichsman - a one time rival of Dr. Destroyer during his time working for Nazi Germany, the Hauptmann was a brilliant scientist specializing in Chemestry and Genetics. His top priority was to develop the Übermensch. During a raid conducted by the British Special Forces and Black Mask of that era operating behind enemy lines, the man that would become Hauptmann Reichsman is knocked into the work tables containing his latest experiments. Arising from the ruined lab equipment is a hulking paragon of the Aryan ideal with but one flaw - his brilliant mind and intellect suffers from the trauma of the accident. While he would never be the brilliant scientist he was, Hauptmann Reichsman would go on to serve Nazi Germany for the remainder of the war. The combined serums he was doused in provide him a drastically reduced aging process, and Hauptmann Reichsman continues to be active in modern America as a member of a 5th Column extremist group (in this way, he is similar to the Red Skull in that he has been active for many decades, and is constant thorn in the sides of the heroes of many eras in the US). He appears as a robust 40+ year old man in prime physical condition, wearing an updated SS uniform including modern integrated combat armor/padding, with a set of enlarged power gauntlets that provide him limited energy manipulation powers (defensive screens and variety of powered blasts).

Powers: Hauptmann Reichsman is a paragon of physical might and grace, and has trained extensively in martial arts. He is a master of several armed and unarmed combat techniques, and possesses a set of power gauntlets providing several energy manipulation capabilities. He is cruel in the extreme, possesses a great deal of cunning, but is of only average intellect.

More Nazi themed characters:

• Schawtzenhexen ["Black Magic"] - A commander in the SS tasked with finding and procuring artifacts of the occult by Hitler during WWII, Hans von Helkt eventually became a master of multiple black magic arts, and had access to multiple arcane devices and relics. During the performance of a ritual designed to rain a plague of hell demons upon the US 101st Airborne Division during the Battle of the Bulge, the ritual is disrupted by a small platoon of US Soldiers who stumble upon the German forces. During the ensuing fire fight, Hans von Helkt is sucked through the portal he has opened.

20 years later, the ritual Hans von Helkt was performing is reproduced by 5th Columnists in an attempt to stop The Justice Squadron currently raiding their lair. As the portal opens, a transformed Hans von Helkt strides out. His skin is an oily, metallic black, and his head is wreathed in flames. Dubbing himself "Schawtzenhexen" ("Black Magic"), von Helkt battles several members of The Justice Squadron at the vanguard of the raiding forces, delaying their advance, before escaping with several high ranking members of the 5th Columnists.

Powers: As Schawtzenhexen, von Helkt posses the ability to cast black magic "hex" bolts at will, and possesses enhanced strength and agility. He also has access to a wide variety of ritual magic and mystical artifacts and relics.

This one actually comes from TheComet over at atomicthinktank.com, but it is a wonderful idea that fits perfectly with my Nazi themed 5th Columnists:

• The Dread Baron - The re-animated corpse of Germany's greatest flying ace, Manfred Albrecht Freiherr von Richthofen. Instead of a Fokker triplane, he now has a rocket-pack and a ray gun that can cut tanks in two! How do you kill a man already dead? How do you defend against a remorseless killer dedicated to his country?

This next one is based on a cool name I saw on the same board that had the Dead Baron:

• Schattenkrieger ("Shadow Warrior") - a cyber enhanced assassin trained by the 5th Column. His specialty is long range sniper tactics and he is often sent into the field in support of the 5th Columnist super team "Das vierte Reich" ("The Fourth Reich").

One villain from my own universe that I'd love to see done -- and eventually will need, I think -- is General Bones. He's an archlich who takes the phrase "Army of the Undead" very literally, to the point of wearing a military uniform. So that's what he looks like -- a skeleton, with a few bits of flesh still hanging on, an undead glow in his eye sockets, and a not-quite-modern olive-green uniform as a six-star general (somewhat like a petty quasi-military Third World dictator).

Another one for the Nazi Super team "The Fourth Reich":

• Mörderstreik ("Killer strike") - A 5th columnist soldier, Anna Dresner was a superb commander of the 5th Columnist forces in the field. A brilliant tactician, and an incredibly beautiful woman, her forces were loyal to the core. During a raid upon the Harmon Industries research center in Millennium City, her team came under attack from Defender. During the ensuing fire fight, a stray blast from one of her team's blasters ruptured an experimental power generator within the lab, flooding the chamber with high intensity radiation and experimental particles. The entire team of 5th Columnists was wiped out except for Anna, whom Defender quickly rushed to the hospital. She was in critical condition for weeks has her body succumbed to acute radiation poisoning. Her doctors feared the worst, but after several weeks of treatment she made a sudden and remarkable recovery. The resultant exposure gave Anna the ability to move at super speed, which she promptly displayed in a dramatic escape from her secured ward. Dubbing herself Mörderstreik, Anna joined the "The Fourth Reich" and acts as the team's field commander.

Appearance: Mörderstreik is a tall and "leggy" blonde, who keeps her hair cut in a short militaristic style. She wears goggles to protect her eyes from the high velocity winds she experiences when running at high speeds. She is armed with bladed arm guards, wears a lightly armored (though sleek) silver and black body suit and thickly soled and lightly armored boots with the "SS" double lightning insignia on her uniform.

• Sturmabteilung ("Storm Trooper") - Kyle Bauer was found by the 5th Column wandering the streets of Millennium City. A homeless vagabond, Kyle had a reputation for standing upon street corners and harassing passers by with antisemitic propaganda. During his initial recruitment and screening process, it was discovered that Kyle was also a latent mutant, and was later subjected to experiments to trigger his mutant abilities. He now serves amongst "The Fourth Reichs" as a literal "one man army".

Powers: Sturmabteilung can create up to 8 duplicates of himself, and each possesses enhanced strength and durability. He is also armed with a standard side arm blaster pistol.

Appearance: Sturmabteilung's uniform is a modified version of the classic and recognizable SA "Brown Shirt" uniform of Nazi Germany. He has brown, thinning hair, a strong jaw line, is about 5'11" and has a broad and strong "construction worker" build.

There was this from Sketchpad from last year

How about:

The Black Djinn: Once a mighty, mystical heroine named Scirocco, Nasim died at the hands of her own teammates during a freak training accident. Years later, she's returned as a creature of magic called The Black Djinn, a vile spirit bent on rage and revenge.

The Anti-Patriot: Who the Anti-Patriot is has been a mystery since he first appeared five years ago. At first, he was thought of as some wack-job with a gun ... but since then, the world has learned he's on a mission. With every day, the Anti-Patriot begins a new campaign against the nations' patriotic heroes ... it doesn't matter the country or the circumstance ... he'll find them and take them out.

and from Remjin from previous

Two ideas from Remjin

I didn't see a restriction on power armor, and there are so many out there, but I'd like to see something in power armor that's large and in charge. Instead of the usual blaster types, I'd like to see a goliath brick. A big bad with exhaust screaming out of it from the excess heat generated by its high-science generator. Large through the legs and arms but not clunky, something slick with a small head. Something anime-ish, I guess, but minus the missile launchers and giant guns, maybe in a pose like pro-wrestler. Do it up in a blue and gold color scheme or even black and purple. =) I wanna see big feet and hands, overarmored forearms, but smooth is the overall theme rather than clunky.

Or...

A super-slick character, as in slippery, a guy who moves like glass over oil. Slim, sleek, body-tight clothes with a few aerodynamic flares in a pose that makes him look like he's sliding ultra-fast over pavement or the like. A facemask with a slit visor to protect him and help him perceive the movement or at least process it. Perhaps some kind of grapple-line shooters to help him make turns by shooting out a line around a pole to make sharp turns, and traction pieces on him so that he can brake and change directions some. =) Now that I think about it, I kind of want to play this character... hmmm... just neat sfx, I guess

Other ideas from last year

Two sets of ideas listed below

From Enforcer84

Well, here's another Superteam of mine. A group of mystical/quasi mystical misfits sitting on the sidelines of the Good v Evil grudgematch.

Xombie: Gentleman Zombie. Think well preserved corpse of British nobility just before the Revolutionary War. Dresses well, doesn't seem to be rotting but deathly pale and odd, pupiless eyes

Grunt: Big muscle bound, bald, goatee, mindgem, nicely tailored suit.

Wildthorn: Dryad/Biker Chick hybrid

Devil Woman: Red Skinned, black haired beauty with Suggestive Sorceress robes

The Blade: a ninja trapped in a cursed suit of armor that allows him to summon bladed weapons (or just spikes and blades), something akin to the Shredder I suppose. Can't take of armor.

Mother Russia: A female werebear from the former Soviet Union.

Lon Ra: Antrhopomorphic (but short) Siamese cat, young sphinx lost in the world.

From Supreme Serpent

The Remnant

Figure floating in mid-air, patchwork of different tattered costumes, with some open spaces between body parts. In the spaces a glowing energy "skeleton" can be made out. One hand noticeably male, one noticeable female, some robotic parts, misc. possible foci. Several unrelated power effects going on at once.

Remnant is all that remains of the (insert hero team name here). Years past, their arch-nemesis managed to kill them with a massive explosion. The collective willpower combined with the team mystic's spirit to give them new "life" as a gestalt being, The Remnant, which thwarted the surprised villain. Today The Remnant mostly lives...somewhere...in seclusion, but will sometimes appear in times of great need.

Each of the parts retains some of the original hero's powers - the eye has vision powers and eyebeams, one arm can use fire, the other is super-strong, etc

And more

Originally Posted by BoloOfEarth

Okay, here's a few:

Needler: A dart-thrower of extraordinary precision, his costume consists of a red, green, black, and white bodysuit patterned like a stylized dartboard (not just a chest emblem, but over most of the bodysuit, maybe stretched out of proportion like a Salvador Dali clock). He has a satchel to carry some darts, a segmented belt holding more, plus wristbands and boots (thick enough to hide even more darts). He also has gloss-black wraparound goggles (high-tech look, like maybe some vision enhancement or radar inside). He has medium-length red hair, somewhat messy.

ROVer: a gadgeteer, he wears an armored vest over a padded bodysuit, with a helmet sprouting several small radio antennae and goggles covering the eyes. A half-dozen metal spheres, about 4" in diameter, orbit around his chest/waist area (front and back), each with a camera mounted over a blaster focusing lens. His ROV (Remote-Operated Vehicles) are all built as robotic dogs (flyine Airedales, tough Pit Bulls, and general-purpose Dachshunds), so maybe have one by his side with the fur partially blasted away and showing the metal workings beneath

And these are from Sketchpad

- Typhoon: A mystic baddie that uses Atlantean artifacts to control water. In his supervillain state, he wears a tarnished bronze chest-plate and a few items like jeweled bracers and tiara-like crown. He can convert his body to water in parts or whole, as well as control sea-life and take on their attributes.

- Far-Out: A space/time traveller that's been lost for the past 30 years. He's returned and has discovered that the world has vastly changed. Wears a very mid-70s costume. Probably a large collar, some wide leggings. Has a tie-dye rainbow effect when he goes through time. Might even have the high shoulders like Starfox.

- Mechane: A Mechakinetic that controls machines. Has a machine body and can reconstruct machines into other things. Looks kind of human ... but also has some machine parts showing. Maybe a human-like head with some dark pieces mixed into chrome. Could be mistaken for power armor at a distance.

- Crosshair: A female marksman that uses hi-tech crossbows. Wears stylized kevlar with targeting goggles. Keeps her bolts on her legs for quick load and has holsters off the shoulder. Short hair so it stays out of her face.

Originally Posted by BobGreenwade

But let me try another "think out loud" item.

What don't we have so far...? A robot, perhaps?

I flashed on the idea of a robot with a human brain inside, but of course that's been done. It probably wouldn't be reflected much in the artwork anyway. So maybe there is a human brain, or maybe it's an AI.

But what could be unusual about the robot's appearance to make it appealing?

Maybe it has some sort of Lovecraftian aspect to it?

This robot has regular arms and legs to move about in our own world, but the arms have extendible tentacles -- let's say six each -- that can grab and move objects. Another dozen or so tentacles hang from the back of the head like dreadlocks, and serve in combat to deflect incoming attacks. Just for good measure, it can generate electrical shocks through the tentacles to knock opponents out (or help charge up allies' electrical equipment).

It can also fly around, using a built-in jetpack-like setup on its back. Jets in the soles of its feet are used for steering. The overall look is humanoid first, but also has a cephalapod-like appearance to the streamlining.

It probably has a bunch of other powers that wouldn't be reflected in the art: special senses, interfacing with other computers, sight and hearing Flash attacks, and so forth.

Let's call it one of the good guys; it looks like it does because the designer wanted a streamlined look, and is a fan of that kind of thing in movies and comics.

For a name, let's say... Streamline.

One of my ideas adapted by Cynthia Celeste Miller

Doctor Death. This is a grizzled veteran bad guy. He has a suit of power armour but not one that puts him in the class of the masterminds. It has a completely open head area. He is a member of a well known supervillain team or occasional group. He's American, has beard and mustache.

He is a bit of a brawler. That is as far as I have got with that idea. Inspired by the wrestler Steve 'Dr Death' Williams.

This next bit is from Cynthia Celeste Miller of Omnivlex fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cynthia Celeste Miller

I'm going to toss in ideas for Death Tribble's Steve Williams-esque villain concept. Feel free to use any, all, or none of these ideas.

1) Perhaps he's a villain that some people have actually started to like over the years. Sure, he's a bad guy who does not-so-nice things, but he's been around so long and has defeated heroes that by all means should have been able to trounce him thoroughly that a portion of the citizens have begun to root for the old bastich. He's not an anti-hero by any means; he's still a full-fledged villain.

2) Since he's a grizzled veteran type, maybe he's rather stuck in the past. He doesn't like change, which is starting to seriously affect his career as a criminal. He doesn't use those "fancy schmancy computers", nor has he upgraded his armor since the early '80s. This could lead to some fun visuals for the armor, making it painfully retro looking. I like the idea of him being this dinosaur in our very modern times. I think it would give him a certain uniqueness.

3) If you really want to make him similar to Dr. Death, really play up the whole "Oklahoma bad-ass" aspect of the character. Heck, there's no reason why you couldn't even factor in the pro wrestler aspect. Maybe his unruliness in the ring and his tendency to seriously injure his opponents caused him to be black-balled from the sport, inadvertently causing him to turn to a life of crime. If you go with the pro wrestling idea, I'd avoid using the name Dr. Death though. Some alternatives: Dr. Pain, Dr. Piledriver, Slammer, Powerslam, or Roughhouse.

These last ones are all mine,

'The other man was almost as tall as his companion but obscenely fat, his enormous belly hanging pendulously between his thighs. His body appeared out of proportion to his legs, which were short and slightly bowed. The fat man's face was perfectly round and quite pale but his features were very delicate: green eyes enclosed by long dark lashes; a thin unbroken nose; and a long mouth with full dark lips that were almost feminine.

Ay passing resemblence of facial beauty were undone by his chin and the tumorous distended neck in which it lost itself.

He was balding but his remaining hasir was very black and cut short against his skull'

Heavy Metal Angel. The Angel is constructed of metal like a sculpture of a skeleton except the main body particularly around the spine has musculature

It is sharp and pointy rather than being smooth. The wings are very skeletal and are more of a frame, there are no feathers.

These two above are based on John Connolly's The Black Angel and a statue in the book but it is organic and the real thing.

A set of battlesuits from the 40s to modern day. Sort of like Iron Man's suits but for the Champions board.

This will be more than one pic obviously.

A Type V Demon either as a half drow/half type V with black skin only four arms and Elvish features or the real deal classic Type V original Monster Manual version. In both cases they have been pulled from a comic and are adapting to the real world as it were. In the latter case the Demon has all sorts of weapons in its multi-handed grasp including a machine, a sword, a spear and a pistol whilst also casting spells with the other two arms. She has tattooes that only others can see as she is oblivious to them.

New This year

Pandamonium. A Panda battlesuit. Black and white with a guy pulling levers in the cockpit in order to get it to work.

a Fencer in full garb including the facemask.

A Twist on a member of the Fantastic Four:

From Loreslost

Transparency, The Visible Woman.

Sandra Samuelson, A lab intern at Super Science Lab is caught in a trans-dimensional warp giving her control of electromagnetic energies (magnetic, electricity, and light) and giving her N-Ray vision always on (the world looks as if it is made of perfectly transparent material, she can see it but see through it as well) the side effect is, well, she appears to everyone else as a person would appear to her. You can see her skin, the muscle under the skin, the skeletal system, the nervous system, etc. Lucky the effect does not extend to clothing or other worn items but having her over for lunch is a little unnerving.

Okay, this was a character I actually played back in Vancouver in Michael Nenonen's superhero game at that time: Dr. Zeus- a slightly off kilter flying, lightning throwing hero who wears a toga, a Cat in the Hat- hat, and also:

one shoe/two shoe

red shoe/blue shoe

Man, he was fun to play...

I hadn't planned on submitting a character suggestion, until I read these instructions from death tribble:

(1) The picture has to be for Champions. It is what I play and it is in this forum that the thread is posted.

(2) Again this year patriots are welcome. But note, the 2008 winner was a patriot in that they wore the colours of Kenya. So it will be harder to convince me of a patriot as I have British Bulldog waiting to be done. I also have over 50 American patriotic or quasi patriotic heroes from pics or that Etherio put up previously. And try naming them. Sheesh !

If you have a good idea for a non-British or non-American patriot, please post the idea.

It may be easier to get a non-US patriot done as this has a great deal of novelty value for not just Storn and I but everyone else as well.

That put me in mind of a character concept I described on these forums a couple of years ago, in my thread elaborating on one of the undeveloped "hidden lands" from the official Champions Universe, the Valley Of Night: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/65383-Champions-Universe-The-Valley-Of-Night?p=1600395#post1600395 .

The character is a national superheroine of Peru in South America, called Aclla (pronounced "ak-ya"), inspired by the history and mythology of the great pre-Columbian civilization of the Incas. Although Aclla's origin has a superficial tie-in to events in the official CU timeline, it would be very easy to change that and insert her into any other setting. Aclla herself is my own completely original creation, so there would be no copyright issue in doing an illustration of her.

What might also make this project interesting to death tribble and to Storn, is that the picture could draw inspiration from the distinctively stylish and very colorful costumes of the Incas, several examples of which I found after a brief Google search for "Inca clothing," and Attached a few of them below.

Let me transcribe Aclla's background and history from my previous thread:

As the forces of Francisco Pizarro's Spaniards and allied natives stormed the walls of Cuzco, capital of the Incan empire, the acllas, holy virgins dedicated to the supreme sun god Inti, stood before his temple. In times of great need the acllas were expected to offer their lives to propitiate the god of their people, that he might be prevailed upon to avert disaster; and the need of the Incas had never been greater. Most of the virgins trembled with fear as the priests approached with their ritual knives, but one of the youngest, Zara, stood firm and unwavering to fulfill her sacred duty. Sadly, the sacrifice of the acllas was not enough to overcome the Ban which the Spaniards had brought with their god, barring the Incan deities from intervening. Nonetheless the gods rewarded Zara for her bravery and honor, carrying her up to Hanan Pacha, the "upper world," to dwell with the noblest of the departed.

Yet Zara never forgot the land and the people she had died to save. She watched with great sorrow as the European conquerors methodically erased the Incas' culture and monuments. In modern times she witnessed a renewed seeking among the peoples of the Andes Mountains for their heritage, their scholars slowly piecing together the fragments of the past, and felt hope that the Incas and those who preceded them would be remembered and revered. Yet that hope turned to fear the day she witnessed some of those scholars unearthing the prison of Mama Supay, whom moderns would come to call the "supervillain" Eclipsar, and the terrible goddess of darkness stealing the body of the leader of the expedition that she might walk the Earth again. Zara knew what terrors would follow, and wept spectral tears that her land should suffer such an outrage.

"Why do you weep, little one?" said a deep voice behind her. Zara turned to face the shining figure of Manco Capac, divine son of Inti and the first ruler of the Incas. "The affairs of the Four Corners of the world are no longer our concern. The people long ago turned from us to their new god, until now we are but a pale shimmer of our former glory, all but forgotten."

"I weep for my own weakness, great one," Zara replied, with downcast eyes but firm voice. "Once before I gave my life in hope of preventing tragedy, but I failed. Now I dwell in Hanan Pacha in peace and ease, but I would sacrifice all that for the power to protect the children of our people from the coming night."

"Would you indeed?" Manco Capac said softly. "You shame me, girl. I had all but forgotten that I am father to my people, and a father does not abandon his children. Yet have I abided too long in the Upper World to be able to descend. But if you so choose, brave Zara, I can send you forth as an arrow from my bow, armed with what remains of my power."

"Great one, I choose it gladly," said Zara. Manco Capac placed his hand over her heart, and with a surge of light and warmth she felt his power flow into her spirit form. The god faded from her sight, but Zara felt the glow of his essence deep within her. She knew he had passed on the last spark of his divinity to her, and she swore to honor his final gift.

Zara's invisible spirit left Hanan Pacha for the site of Mama Supay's prison, where she felt herself drawn to a soul filled with sadness and confusion. Marisol Luque, research assistant to Lucia Esquivel, had just seen her mentor transformed into a living shadow, and vanish. Zara entered Luque's body, not as a thief like Eclipsar, but as a pilgrim asking for shelter.

The astonished Luque found herself communing with a mind from a time she knew only from fragmentary records. As the days and weeks passed she and Zara came to understand and to like each other. They also experimented together with the amazing new powers of light that Zara's spirit had brought to Marisol's body. Zara realized that Eclipsar would strike on the approaching summer solstice, and in Marisol's body flew off to warn the authorities, in the guise of a new "superhero" called Aclla. Although they were skeptical, Aclla's impassioned pleas and arguments finally persuaded them to make preparations. When Eclipsar appeared over Lima, Peru, UNTIL and South America's premier superhero team, La Brigada de Victoria, were already mobilized, and were joined by the Justice Squadron after Eclipsar began her lethal rampage.

Aclla fought valiantly with the other superheroes and UNTIL agents, her light powers helping turn the tide against the dark goddess. The incident brought Aclla to immediate prominence, and she's since become a well-respected superhero based in Lima. In the meantime Marisol Luque earned her doctorate and is gaining prominence in her own field for her archaeological discoveries -- bolstered by the knowledge of one who lived during the era in question. Marisol and Zara share one body quite amicably for the most part, as they also share a love for the past and a strong idealism. The great cultural differences between them led to some unfortunate misunderstandings and conflicts at first, but the two women have largely worked those out. Marisol usually controls their joint body in their "secret identity", while Zara dominates when they go into action as Aclla. Both of Aclla's personalities were gravely concerned when they heard of Eclipsar's escape from UNTIL's Guardhouse, and both dread her inevitable return.

Aclla would make a good introductory encounter for foreign PC heroes entering Peru. Once she accepts the necessity of whatever mission brought them, her local respect would ease the PCs' dealings in the country. In particular, her unique knowledge of Incan history and culture would be valuable in dealings with the Valley Of Night (or whatever comparable villain or group the GM may wish to use in his own campaign). On the other hand, her origin and participation in Eclipsar's defeat could make her a target of revenge by the goddess's organization, prompting her to seek the PCs for help and protection.

And now as promised, some sample costume images:

As a reminder here is one of the pics commissioned from last year's thread

Haven Walkur's Sagitarrius. Look at the pic and then read the description.

Sag72.jpg

Sagittarius

Member of a Zodiac-based villain team, Sagittarius is a true tupilaq – a zombie-like undead creature made by stitching together parts of animal and human corpses and animating the entire assemblage. Despite her origins, she is sentient and free-willed -- but utterly vicious.

In this case, the torso of an athletic Black woman was grafted onto the front shoulders of a palomino pony, and secured with large X-shaped stitches in red twine. A second pair of arms – those of a white woman – were attached just below the torso’s original ones. Sagittarius’ lips have been sewn closed with more X-shapes stitches of red, and her white-skinned arms heavily tattooed with occult symbols.

There are some ragged patches of decayed/withered flesh apparent along the pony’s flanks and right hind leg, and the hoof on that leg is cracked and discoloured. There’s also a semi-circular patch of dead gray skin above Sagittarius’ right eye and down over her temple on that side. The hair on her head and tail is arranged in a multitude of tiny tight braids, with colourful beads and little silver charms from a charm bracelet worked through them.

Sagittarius – born Dyanna Durbin of Queens, New York – died in a drive-by shooting, and was “harvested” from the city morgue by a necromancer calling herself Marie Laveau. Laveau used Dyanna’s corpse to create a true tupilaq, an undead servant with the strength and speed of a horse and the dexterity of a human. However, after the animation process was complete, an enemy of Laveau’s managed to gain access to the newly-made tupilaq, and in his attempt to wrest control away from Laveau, he ended up “awakening” the tupilaq, freeing it from Laveau’s control and restoring Dyanna’s free will...though her body was beyond salvaging.

After the defeat of Laveau, Sagittarius claimed her books and grimoires. She is now a powerful self-taught necromancer, and finds that the dark magic suits her increasingly dark temperament. Trapped in a mute and twisted -- though physically powerful -- undead form, Sagittarius soothes and distracts herself with the pain and terror of others, particularly savouring the agony caused by her black and curséd arrows.

Then there is Last year's winner

CapGorilla72.jpg

and this is Bob Greenwade's suggestion

Speedbump72.jpg

Adding the other idea Haven posted last year

Random thoughts from idle dreams gone by....

Pisces

Member of a Zodiac-based villain team. A monstrous non-human fish-creature, Pisces looks like the primitive fish known as the coelacanth...well, like two coelacanths, actually.

The larger part of Pisces' body resembles a massive coelacanth about 6' long, with a perpetually gaping mouth. The smaller part looks like a smaller coelacanth (about 4') sticking out of the larger fish's mouth. Pisces can retract the smaller "fish-body" into the larger one until only its jaws protrude, or extend the smaller body out of the larger one until only the tail is still inside. The two "fish-bodies" are really just two body parts, and cannot separate completely.

Both of Pisces' "fish-bodies" are thick, bulky and malformed-looking. Their asymmetrical, ragged shapes appear half-finished. Both bodies have disturbingly sentient eyes (metallic gold in colour), mouths full of hooked teeth and the famous lobe-shaped fins. The scales are hexagonal and have an ugly, scabby appearance, peeling up/off in some places to reveal smooth tissue of an incredibly delicate periwinkle blue colour.

Pisces is an aquatic being and a world-cracking telepath and telekinetic. On land, it travels around inside a large sphere of ocean water that it maintains telekinetically. It communicates telepathically, and its thoughts are cold, dark and ravenous.

When something appeals to Pisces' bizarre sense of humour, it "laughs" by blowing bubbles from both mouths.

Here is my idea

Protean - shapeshifter

Protean has the ability to take the shape of most any object. He often takes the form of various vehicles as needed to transport the rest of the team from place to place. His limitation is that he cannot make any ranged attacks. Using shrinking or growth, he can alter his size to assume the proper size and shape. While he does not wear any actual armor or bullet proof spandex, he does form a superhero typical outfit. In his 'natural' state, he looks more like a melting wax person. His legs form more a set of stumps.