What Do You Do with a Dog in a Dungeon?

Michael Hopcroft

Re: What Do You Do with a Dog in a Dungeon?

What you don't want is a talking dog. If you don't know why' date=' you haven't seen the movie "Up". rofl. (but now I want to [i']play[/i] a talking dog...)

If you were a talking dog then you could have a pet boy:D

It shouldn't be that hard. Your cleric will just have to take a few Heel spells.

I'm gonna try and furget that dreadful pun.

You want to furget it - it ticked you off?

I want to remember it so I can reputize it later. It's the leashed I can do.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary wonders when the game became Dungeons and Doggone

True - but I don't know of anyone who has invented a world so fantastical that the PETA lifestyle would actually work :)

Actually, to the best of my understanding, it's not that different from the lifestyle of the Jains and some other sects.

The big difference that I know of is PETA's militancy - the insistance that everyone else live by their ideology.

It could work as a minority lifestyle in the context of a less extreme, more reasonable larger culture.

Otherwise, and barring the fantastical, they probably either get wiped out for trying to "convert" everyone, or wipe themselves out trying (and failing) to actually run a civilization on their ideas.

It's like celibate monasticism - everybody being celibate is a recipe for extinction, but celibate communities can exist as part of a larger cultural context.

Lucius Alexander

Unless you're a palindromedary

If you stand just outside the door, your dog will wander around the shop picking things up and may drop them in the doorway. Then you can take them without the shopkeeper attacking you as a thief...

{I can't be the only nethack player here, can I?}

Actually eating live kobolds is safer than eating dead ones IIRC. Of course for this to even be an option one must be polymorphed into something with a strong stomach' date=' like a xorn or pudding.[/quote']

... And it may also require a certain degree of cooperation (or, at least, non-resistance) from the kobold.