Micro Heroes!

Logan D. Hurricanes

I have recently gotten into creating Micro Heroes. Long story short, on another forum I frequent they use micro heroes for a few things and I decided to try with making one that was requested but didn't exist yet. The first one isn't so hot, but I started doing a couple more and now I've become one of the go-to guys for micros that don't exist. I still have a long way to go, but I'm learning and and having fun. I wanted to share a few that I've created and see if there are any other micro enthusiasts on the boards here :)

A lot of the popular heroes and villains already have multiple micros detailing all their different looks, costumes, or even artists. My niche is the obscure character that doesn't exist yet, which is funny because I've seen a lot of really obscure characters out there and didn't think there were any left!

Here are a few I've made by request.

Willow Rosenberg, "non-hawt-vamp" version

4450510415_b6d3b5923b_o.gif

The Keeper, a Silver Surfer of the future with the Quantum Bands

4439427163_f910ea82a5_o.gif

Samurai Jack, of Cartoon Network fame

4331180647_5ce9b61312_o.gif

The Astounding Wolf Man, an Image character I've never even heard of

4436831150_e1c3523517_o.gif

Two more I've never heard of from the book Godland, Adam Archer and Basil Cronus

4463793570_c0626ce4bd_o.gif4463793560_7429675678_o.gif

More to come!

Re: Micro Heroes!

I have recently gotten into creating Micro Heroes. Long story short, on another forum I frequent they use micro heroes for a few things and I decided to try with making one that was requested but didn't exist yet. The first one isn't so hot, but I started doing a couple more and now I've become one of the go-to guys for micros that don't exist. I still have a long way to go, but I'm learning and and having fun. I wanted to share a few that I've created and see if there are any other micro enthusiasts on the boards here :)

A lot of the popular heroes and villains already have multiple micros detailing all their different looks, costumes, or even artists. My niche is the obscure character that doesn't exist yet, which is funny because I've seen a lot of really obscure characters out there and didn't think there were any left!

Here are a few I've made by request.

Willow Rosenberg, "non-hawt-vamp" version

4450510415_b6d3b5923b_o.gif

The Keeper, a Silver Surfer of the future with the Quantum Bands

4439427163_f910ea82a5_o.gif

Samurai Jack, of Cartoon Network fame

4331180647_5ce9b61312_o.gif

The Astounding Wolf Man, an Image character I've never even heard of

4436831150_e1c3523517_o.gif

Two more I've never heard of from the book Godland, Adam Archer and Basil Cronus

4463793570_c0626ce4bd_o.gif4463793560_7429675678_o.gif

More to come!

these are very good more please

these are very good more please

Thanks! Here's my favorite batch. Somebody was creating an alternate Green Lantern Corps, and some of these didn't even exist conceptually, so I got to really play with them.

The first two are alternate world mash ups, Superman GL and Night Lantern. I think there are a lot better Superman heads out thre, but this was the one he liked. Night Lantern is from the Justice Titans, a dream world seen in "Superman & Batman" not long ago. I think I'll have to do the rest of the team, too, eventually.

4423244968_63b22d6e78_o.png4427793058_3b67bf8060_o.gif

And these surreal creations are either deranged or inspired, or both. Lion-O Lantern, Ultimate Warrior Lantern, GorilLantern, and Frodo, Lord of the Lanterns. Strictly a coincidence that Warrior and Lion-O have similar belts. I needed a spot for the logo on Warrior and that seemed the right thing to do. Gorillantern could be my favorite. I designed the costume and I think he turned out really well. When Frodo came up I decided Alan Scott style would suit him best. :D

4439462314_e001dfff01_o.gif4447972605_d841d5d9bd_o.gif4446989800_c297b0025e_o.gif4448747598_5cc865a25b_o.gif

What/where are this pictures used for' date=' and what are you using to create them? While far less detailed than the ones on the Fabrica de Heroes thread, I'm sure these could me made much faster and easier.[/quote']

They're an alternative kind of artwork style that got started several years ago and just took off. They're really impressive when you see them filling up a page. Here's one of the biggest collection sites out there. http://jerome.galica.free.fr/ Notice it's in another language, but that won't really be a problem.

I'm fortunate enough to have Photoshop to do mine so I can use layers and transparencies and many other tricks that make them viable. I'll post more later tonight.

• 4 weeks later...