The ThunderCats Project

Marcus Impudite

Re: The ThunderCats Project

In one memorable storyarc, Lion-O had to defeat each Thundercat in turn in a contest against their strengths in order to affirm his status as Leader. (It was as much coming-of-age ritual as anything else, since the Thundercats held little doubt about Lion-O's worthiness to lead them). One of those tasks was to beat Cheetarah, the team speedster, in a marathon. This would be equivalent to racing the Flash. As it turned out, Lion-O won by outlasting her -- eventually she tired (partly from the combat that interrupted the race) and Lion-O made it to the destination first.

And, IIRC, all the cats Lion-O had to challenge were indeed trying to win. otherwise it would not have been a test for Lion-O.

All of the Cats are weakened by "Thundranium", an element that exists at various locations on Third Earth and can be used to make things like cages relatively easily. But recovery times are extremely quick, which reduces its utility -- take the cat away from it and they return to full power almost instantly.

Cheetarah made it clear. She was a sprinter. She's fast, but only within a narrow window. Lion-o was able to beat her because he was capable of sustained running.

Basically, Cheetarah's LTE usage sucks.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's part of why I don't like OLD sci-fi. It's crap! It's full of ridiculous silliness. It's just how things were back then. I mean' date=' at some point, people thought godzilla and the giant spiders were pretty authentic and now we just laugh at them and think how stupid does that look.[/quote']

I can stand older SFX as long as there is:

A. interesting/good plot

B. Descent to good acting

Even new movies with state of the Art SFX should have these qualities to be rewatchable.

I also like attention to detail especially with military characters and equipment. I guess most movies skimp on the budget when it comes to military advisors. Or they just think the viewing audience are idiots.

While sort of off the main topic, but silly Sci-Fi made me think of it. I was watching the latest Star Trek movie for the second time. I really enjoyed it the first time, but as I was watching it again, it struck me how dumb it was. For example a huge drill comes falling out of the sky and starts drilling , and what, no one on the planet thinks to look up and see what's going on, except the one human on the planet? Vulcans are supposed to be the smartest people in the galaxy and not one of them thought "huh, maybe we should fly a plane up there and stop that"? Heck Kirk took it out with a machine gun for cryin' out loud.

The Spock gets depositted on an ice planet and he just sits around chillin' (pun intended) when he KNEW there was a base near by. Bad guy puts you there to watch your planet blow up, never occured to him to go to the base and try to call somebody? Nah I'll just wait here, no real reason to, but what the heck.. Oh snap Kirk is here, NOW I'll go to the base.

• 2 weeks later...

Not so much, Panthro and the kittens seem to be in the air jumping and dodging and moving around a lot, while she seems to run (FAST) fight, move to the next guy, lots of Move by's and such, but not really what I would think of agile, assuming I use a baseline Dex of 23 I think she would be slightly above it, but not by much (Say 25) while the Kits would be at 30

In fact, I think Cheetarah might even have Flight, Only Against a Surface or Turn Mode on her Running. She wasn't very agile but she could run REALLY fast. I think she would be a good candidate for lots of NCM multiples and a Velocity-Based-DCV.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyways, I have finished watching the first half of Season 1 (man, quality was all over the place, some were great...others down right painful to watch). however I need a break for a while on it, will pick it up in a month or so probably and watch the second half of season 1

I can stand older SFX as long as there is:

A. interesting/good plot

B. Descent to good acting

Even new movies with state of the Art SFX should have these qualities to be rewatchable.

I also like attention to detail especially with military characters and equipment. I guess most movies skimp on the budget when it comes to military advisors. Or they just think the viewing audience are idiots.

Indeed, the absence of A and B have made the newer ones unwatchable to me.