Marcus Impudite

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The ThunderCats Project

So who was there again?

Lion-o - Leader, nimble, sword

Panthro, Black dude, strong & tough, chain maybe?

Cheetara, fast chick, staff.

They had a cool tank and some little DNPC kittens and that's all I can remember.

Lion-o, bullheaded, Sword of Omens, claw/sheath/grapple line.

Cheetarah was a sprinter, staff.

Tygra, invis., whip.

Panthro, driver, chuks.

Kit/Kat, hoverboards, splodie pellets

Snarf, obnoxious

Jaga, dead

and don't forget the "new" Thundercats:

Ben-Gali, wielding the Hammer of Thundera

Pumyra, Healer chick

Lynx-O, blind guy with enhanced senses

Sword of omens

Magic Sword, could grant the character Strength beyond Strength and Sight beyond Sight, the latter a form of clairsentience, it could also do a huge image (Thundercat symbol in the sky)

I would suggest that all of them would have somekind of unique sense of hearing the call, then they look for the image to know where Lion-O has gotten himself in trouble

What happens if you refer to Cheetara as the Thundercats Ho ?

She beats you with her staff, which may or may not be a bad thing. Depending on your fetishes.

Anyhow (perhaps sadly) here are the characters I can think of

Original Thundercats

Lion-o

Tygra (I call him "Silky", thanks to an early episode)

Cheetara

Panthro

Wilykat/Wilykit (annoying twins)

Snarf (cook and overall DNPC)

Later add-on

Bengali

Lynx-o (blind old guy who seemed to know more than God)

Pumira (extra chick)

Snarfer (annoying Snarf relative, good for target practice)

The Villains:

Mumma-Ra (shape shifting bad@$$, needs The Ancients Spirits of Evil* to do stuff)

Slithe (reptile dude, can use his tail in attack)

Jackalman

Monkian

Vulture Man (traitorous, who really needed to be put down despite the scientist clique)

Ma-Mutt (Mumma-Ra's pet after Tygra got off the hallucinogenic silky fruit)

Lunatacs

Luna and Amok (Amok was her bodyguard/transportation, dumb brick type, she was realitively helpless and small with only the power to annoy with her shrieking voice)

Red Eye (dude had the vision spectrum going)

Chilla (cold b!tch, literally)

Tug-Mug (not sure how to describe him, some wierd machinery like lower body, that made him do some freakish jumps, broke Lion-o's sword once and made him cry, so fairly strong)

Alluro (sadistic mind-control bad@$$)

For supporting:

Good- you got Warrior-Maiden Queen Willa and her hot little sister (Nada?). Berbils (damn robotic Ewoks!!)

That Jaga guy kept popping up as a ghost

Bad: Grune the Destroyer (former Thundercat ally of Jaga, now ghost who refuses to be exorcised), Cpt. Shiner and his mercenaries. Rataro (some mutant rat dude who made a couple of cameos, always found him lame for some reason). Driller (some super tunneler dude who did a couple flunky jobs for the mummy) Hammerhand and his Viking-wannabe Beserkers

That's about all I can think of of real note

* The ANcient Spirits of Evil would be such a cool band name.

Tygra could also use Mental Illusions' date=' though it was extremely tiring for him to do so.[/quote']

dont forget to give Tygra the Physical Lim: Addicted to silky fruit (yes, I know it was just one episode, but I'd do it for laughs.)

Note: Wait a minute, you watched Thundercats, Collie? Was it because, you just didnt feel like changing the channel after Transformers?:doi:

And for creating the Sword of Omens, whatever Chuck Norris can do, that Sword can too, just not quite as good (though if they went another season, the Sword would have fought Chuck and won*).

*If Chuck was evil.

Sadly, I am not exaggerating much. I always thought that was what killed the show. I know I always loved it the 2-3 times someone broke it.

Lunatacs

Luna and Amok (Amok was her bodyguard/transportation, dumb brick type, she was realitively helpless and small with only the power to annoy with her shrieking voice)

Red Eye (dude had the vision spectrum going)

Chilla (cold b!tch, literally)

Tug-Mug (not sure how to describe him, some wierd machinery like lower body, that made him do some freakish jumps, broke Lion-o's sword once and made him cry, so fairly strong)

Alluro (sadistic mind-control bad@$$)

Man, I used to love the Lunataks. well, specifically I used to love Alluro. He was just the coolest villain, and he had the greatest voice ever. I used to impersonate him a lot :eg:

Well I happen to have all of the T-Cats on DVD (Wall mart had the set for 60 a while back) so I think I am going to watch them soonish (want to finish the series I am watching with my son) then do one of my note intensive things (See animated JLA and BAt Gear thread) then do my write ups, probably do a couple of versions.

One thing I am leaning towards doing is the Thunderkittens having a Duplication inherent cannot recombine (so they are basicaly one character in two bodies)

The (fake) live action Thundercats. I think Vin make a great Pathero.

Once someone srites up these characters in Champions rules, we need Silverhawks and the Galaxy Rangers for Star Hero and the Bionic Six for Champions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9hCPxsR85Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbNHR1jM4Ac

sort of, Lion-O's suspended animation capsule in the first episodes had a malfunction causing him to age more than the other characters, so physicaly he was older, but chronologicaly (and some time maturity) he was the younger

I always thought Dr Scarab was one of the better villians because he would run when it made sense.

Example: Scarab and only one minion about to take out a depowered member of B6. Suddenly the rest of the team shows up

Depowered B6: Boy am I glad to see you

Dr Scarab: I, of course, am not. Then he drops a smoke grenade and runs!!!!!

We need a few more villians like that.

Ok, so I have now watched the first six episodes, want to get started, thinking about building them at various levels (Low Powered Super Heroes to Very Powerful at the end of the series). Having said that I am having a few problems with the Sword of Plot Device. First it can detect when the T-cats are in danger and let Lion-O know about it. It can also transmit to the T-Cats to come to Lion-o. Thinking about giving each T-Cat a "sense the call" Power (Detect a single thing, Range, 360), then the sword could add transmit with megascale

When I wanted a character that could sense any animal within a few miles of where he was standing, I thought about Mega-scale sense, I was told that he wouldn't be able to sense anything until after the first mile and I should go with Telescopic. Now I'm not sure if that's official or not...