Nolgroth

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Companions of an Uncertain Fate

Ex-wives. Uh-huh.

*Nods head sagely.*

In another interesting turn, my time with my daughter got nixed altogether so, I should be good to go at the regular time.

How about this...

The special effect of this is that Rotman has been touched by his spiritual contact with the Hag. Now he can see magical energies from time to time and even will himself to. The problem is that the supernatural frightens him requiring him to force himself (EGO roll at -2) to try and see these things and leaves him shaken (PRE Drain) once he does see them.

The overall affect I am imagining is like Constantine's ability from the movie of the same name. The only thing is that Rotman has to focus himself and steel his courage in order to look into that world.

Note that PRE costs 2/1 in this campaign so that, at most, Rotman will be down 2 points (rounding up in this case).

I may also, from time to time, invoke GM fiat and have Rotman see something even without trying.

I am cool with this. I don't know how often I'll have him try, so a bit of fiat may be required at first before he even knows he can do it.

In another interesting turn' date=' my time with my daughter got nixed altogether so, I should be good to go at the regular time.[/quote']Mixed feelings here. While I am glad that you will be at the game, I hate to see time with your child(ren) nixed. I'm a father myself and I would hate to not get to spend time with my kids. So "yippee" and "sorry to hear that" all at the same time.

I am cool with this. I don't know how often I'll have him try, so a bit of fiat may be required at first before he even knows he can do it.
:sneaky:

Minor Update:

Server Related

-Moved the server to my laptop and set the laptop up with a cabled connection. If I lose Wi-Fi connection, then only I get booted.

-Changed the name of the Server to Companions of an Uncertain Fate. Same password.

Campaign Related

-About halfway through rewriting the Magic document. So far I think the expansion and clarification will be worth the effort.

Announcement: I have been running the latest version of MapTool (version 1.3b70) all weekend. It has proven to be just as stable as our current version (b63) and seems to have a few additional features. As such, I am going to officially upgrade to that version. Please go ahead and upgrade. If you need any technical related help, let me know. Easy steps;

1. Download MapTool version 1.3b70

2. Create a new folder MapTool_b70

3. Extract archive into new folder.

4. For Windows users, run it just like you did before. I use the launcher program.

5. I don't know if you had to do customizations ghost-angel, but I would suggest you set up to run with a stack (-Xss) of 3. Sorry that I have no practical Mac experience to lend a further hand.

If there is any other help you need, let me know. I suggest keeping the current version as well as the new one in case Really Bad Things happen. I honestly believe they got this build right, but you never know until engage.

I don't know why I didn't let you know sooner, but we have a family vacation coming up this week. Which means Woss will be gone again this portion of the game. We actually have a concert Thursday night, so it isn't a simple matter of taking my laptop and logging in from Michigan. Sorry. Don't get killed without me.

I don't know why I didn't let you know sooner' date=' but we have a family vacation coming up this week. Which means Woss will be gone again this portion of the game. We actually have a concert Thursday night, so it isn't a simple matter of taking my laptop and logging in from Michigan. Sorry. Don't get killed without me.[/quote']Who says it is the group that has to worry about getting killed? :sneaky:

Seriously, have fun. I think you did mention it. Or was it Starwolf that mentioned a separate commitment? Soon I'll be down to JD and Lulu. Then you will have to worry about death in the party. :P

I found a piracy/maritime site for the 17th century. Haven't read it all, but dang does it look interesting. Posted a different thread here in the Fantasy HERO forum called Piece of Eight. Enjoy.

Reminder than I've upgraded to version 1.3b70.

Announcement: I have been running the latest version of MapTool (version 1.3b70) all weekend. It has proven to be just as stable as our current version (b63) and seems to have a few additional features. As such' date=' I am going to officially upgrade to that version. Please go ahead and upgrade. If you need any technical related help, let me know. Easy steps;[indent']

1. Download MapTool version 1.3b70
  2. Create a new folder MapTool_b70
  3. Extract archive into new folder.
  4. For Windows users, run it just like you did before. I use the launcher program.
  5. I don't know if you had to do customizations ghost-angel, but I would suggest you set up to run with a stack (-Xss) of 3. Sorry that I have no practical Mac experience to lend a further hand.

[/indent]If there is any other help you need, let me know. I suggest keeping the current version as well as the new one in case Really Bad Things happen. I honestly believe they got this build right, but you never know until engage.

I'm hoping to be there tonight. I felt like crap all day at work' date=' now that I'm home we will see if a couple hours of temperatures 20-25 degrees cooler gets rid of this headache and makes me feel like doing something besides sleep.[/quote']Right there with you. Been fighting a migraine for three days now. Not much done in either macros or campaign development. Might be better if I call it for the night. Not sure if I am 100% or even 33%.

I'll go ahead and start the MapTool server. If by game time I need to call it off, I will post a message here indicating as much. I took some meds, so maybe it will get me back up enough to give it a whirl.