Companions of an Uncertain Fate

Nolgroth

Re: Companions of an Uncertain Fate

Well, I would like to do something, as a three week dry spell is a bummer. But as Sav noted, our pickup option will be enjoying the beauty of the outdoors (something which is far overdue for me come to think of it.)

What is most important, however, is that all involved are having fun. If running would be stressful or otherwise less than fun for you, then the choice is clear. RL sanity certainly takes precedence, without a doubt.

See you gentlemen on the 22nd, then.

P.S. - I will gladly take on a Thresher Maw if I have a krogan at my side.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Update 07/16/10:

Things are starting to settle down on the work front. I still haven't had time to delve deeply into campaign/game prep but I have read the "blue book" stories submitted to me. Good stuff that I might be able to use to build upon later. I do not see any issue with starting the game up again on the 22nd. Sorry about the dry spell, but as always, these things suck while they happen but give the necessary break to rebuild some of the creative juices.

I wish to repeat my request for notification of any planned/known absences from the game. That way I can plan for the absence and include it into the game. I realize there are always unplanned things that crop up. Since nobody can predict those, I don't sweat when those happen.

See y'all Thursday.

Okay. We are at a cross-roads here. I think it best if we hold off on the space opera campaign until all is ready (characters and such).

So for the moment we continue with the fantasy campaign? At least until we reach a good story point to stop at?

NOTICE

I have to work Thursday. I was just advised that I have to work for somebody who is going to a funeral on Thursday. Sorry about the inconvenience and yet another missed session. If you all want, I can start up the server and let you all play a one-off or something.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys I have to apologize for the no show tonight. As some of you may know I work for the US Air Force, and we had an incident at work and were on base lockdown. I just got home. Man 17 hours makes for a very long day. Barring another idiot claiming threats against the base I will be there next week.

Hey no problem. JD and Hardesty were locked in a box and shipped off to Timbuktu. They should be arriving in about a week. There, the voracious, cannibal natives are awaiting on arrival of the package before starting their dinner festival. :D

On a serious note, no problem. I have been thinking of putting this campaign out of its misery and moving on. All of my energy is elsewhere and honestly I think we would have a better game by just moving on. Let me know what you, all of you, think.

I would hate to see it end, as it honestly has been fun.

That being said, I am pretty much screwed over availability-wise for at least the next month.

At my job, I typically produce 30-40 'units' a week. Now that same military that kept Starwolf away last night has decided that they want 300 units... in 3 weeks. And, a month ago, they cut the work force at my job to the point where there are 4 departments, and I am the only one in two of them.

BUT: I do think that the Hero 6th Maptools project is worthwhile, and do not plan on stopping contributions, time and energy permitting, of course.

I did not mean to stop playing. I just meant this specific campaign. Losing two players and all the gaps, combined with my focus elsewhere and I think this campaign is suffering. I am thinking something a little more D&D-ish in style. See my blog for a couple of example characters.

Dang Dalt! One the one hand that sucks from a gaming perspective, but from a work perspective that could be a good thing... job security and all that, with the current economy. If we do roll into a new campaign, by the time we get new characters created and submitted, and what not, perhaps your work will settle down to a low roar and you can jump back in with little time lost.

If we re-visit GA, Terrie would like to join in. I explained that Doc is long dead, and she would need to create a new character. I also warned her that the roster might already be full, and she is ok if it is, but she is interetsted.

I will take a look at the blog. If you are feeling fantasy-ish Nol, I am good with it. I just need to give some thought to a character type.