Companions of an Uncertain Fate

Nolgroth

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Companions of an Uncertain Fate

I guess you'll have to run a one off' date=' SW. Two weeks without a game and I could explode![/quote']

Hmmm... I have an idea. But let's see what happens first. I don't have a really prepared adventure, but I can run one off the cuff for a campaign idea I have been fooling with for a while. for anyone interested I need you to send me or post a list of 4 possible character fantasy character types you would be interested in playing. Hi Fantasy... Epic adventure. But you the player will start with almost no information. The actual character you are playing... including your characteristics, skills, perks, talents, powers, and equipment will be revealed during the course of play, so it could be handy to keep a blank character sheet or some note paper handy. :D

Well I can't seem to get the dang router to set UPnP or port forwarding. I will get it resolved (probably have to call Qwest tech support), but I don't think I am going to get this going tonight. I will keep at it, and next time we need a one off I will be ready.

One other note. I will not be here next week. We are going out of town to a family reunion and I will be camping out in the middle of nowhere Utah. The nearest town is 50 miles away and no hot spots for net connection.

Sorry for the tech problems.

Well I can't seem to get the dang router to set UPnP or port forwarding. I will get it resolved (probably have to call Qwest tech support), but I don't think I am going to get this going tonight. I will keep at it, and next time we need a one off I will be ready.

One other note. I will not be here next week. We are going out of town to a family reunion and I will be camping out in the middle of nowhere Utah. The nearest town is 50 miles away and no hot spots for net connection.

Sorry for the tech problems.

No problem. Thanks for trying. And, like you say, we'll be ready next time!

Rag... You got anything?

Well I didn't give up. I think I got my server up if anyone wants to give it a whirl. I probably won't run a scenario but we can test my settings. And I learned a bit about my router and firewalls. If not I'll see you all in two weeks.

Well I didn't give up. I think I got my server up if anyone wants to give it a whirl. I probably won't run a scenario but we can test my settings. And I learned a bit about my router and firewalls. If not I'll see you all in two weeks.

I stepped afk to watch The Decision. I checked for your place too, but it wasn't on the list.

Sorry about that, I took the server back down so that I could log in to Nol's server, but found the room empty. I figured that everyone had moved on for the night so I gave up and watched America the Story of US. But I got the character lists for Sav and Rag, and I now know what happened to my port forwarding so now I can correct on the fly if it comes up in the future (my internal IP changed so I needed to add the new IP and delete the old one from the router table).

In a couple of days we are off to Pine Lake where we own 10 acres and have setup a private camping area. It is on the north west rim of Bryce Canyon in Utah's red rock country. We are going there this year for a family reunion, and expect about 30 people from around the country. I will be home on Wed 21 July and ready to game again on the 22nd. I would try and make next weeks session, except there are no current bushes around to plug in my laptop, and I am pretty sure the only hotspot will be the coals in my campfire. :D

I'll see you guys in two weeks... don't die while I am gone :D

General Update: It has been an interesting two weeks. When I say interesting, I mean that in the "there's a shark chewing my arm off while zombies eat my brain" way. First of all, the Independence Day weekend was murder. Posting a general update to the MapTool Campaign File was the last fun thing I've done. In the meantime and in-between time, work went crazy with stress and added hours. One of my fellows went down with a knee injury that required surgery so we started training a fill-in candidate in case somebody else got injured or a supervisor slot otherwise opened. Just as he is about 75% ready, we had another supervisor go down with a heart attack. Long story short, I have been busy.

These changes don't directly affect the game schedule in that I still have Thursday's off. The quality of the game is probably going to suffer in the short-term. So I ask of you this boon; would any of you have any hard feelings if I held off getting back to the game until Starwolf returns from vacation? It would give me time to get work stuff back to a manageable level and then I would have much more time to devote to the game. I am somewhat prepared to run (meaning that I have stats, maps, etc) ready. I am still a little fuzzy on how to write Rotman in and Hardesty out for one session, but I could probably manage if needed.

And while I am thinking about it, are there going to be any more planned absences in the next couple of months? I know GenCon is coming up. Is that going to require an absence from anybody here. I would like to try to head things off at the pass rather than "writing" myself into a corner again.

Thanks for the understanding. I could very well run this Thursday. It occurs to me that Hardesty could remain a "silent" team member and split the combat/mechanical chores amongst the others. Or he could be eaten by a Thresher Maw. :D

Well I for one don't mind if you wait til Starwolf returns :D

Especially as I am pretty sure Hardesty is allergic to being eaten by Thresher Maws (what ever they are :D )

Seriously though, If you do decide to run, you can use Hardesty in any way you desire (be gentle), or have him sit it out as the story dictates. I'll see you guys on the 22nd.