Was the BBB ever available in electronic fomat (PDF)?

Mathew

Re: Was the BBB ever available in electronic fomat (PDF)?

Yeah, I found the basic 4th edition hero book in PDF. I think the BB just missed the electronic craze, or maybe back then they were holding out, hoping to make everyone buy a paper book for the main book, and ebooks for the suppliments?

I bought a copy of the 4e rules in PDF back in the time of Cybergames. If I remember correctly, they had released C:NM, which had instructions to use 4e for complex powers, and then divide by 5 to get Fuzion costs. The problem was, the 4e rules were well out of print at that point, and 5e was a rumored manuscript that few thought would see in publication. PDF became the way for them to get the old rulebook out.

http://web.archive.org/web/20010812213309/http://herogames.com/index.html

JoeG

Yeah' date=' I found the basic 4th edition hero book in PDF. I think the BB just missed the electronic craze, or maybe back then they were holding out, hoping to make everyone buy a paper book for the main book, and ebooks for the suppliments?[/quote']

The 4e Hero System Rules are word for word the same rules as appeared in the Hard Cover Champions 4e. The only thing missing would be the sourcebook materials. BTW 4e rule books nearly all had really cruddy bindings. Most fell apart before they were a few months old. Heck my copy ended having to get reglued together after the binding broke somewhere in the Limitations section and the pages nearly fell out.

In the BBB days most folk had Dialup, so having a PDF full of graphics would have been insane to Download. Also machines were slower, Portables had smaller screens. Just not an environment that was good for large PDFs.

The 4e Hero System Rules are word for word the same rules as appeared in the Hard Cover Champions 4e. The only thing missing would be the sourcebook materials. BTW 4e rule books nearly all had really cruddy bindings. Most fell apart before they were a few months old. Heck my copy ended having to get reglued together after the binding broke somewhere in the Limitations section and the pages nearly fell out.

In the BBB days most folk had Dialup, so having a PDF full of graphics would have been insane to Download. Also machines were slower, Portables had smaller screens. Just not an environment that was good for large PDFs.

Yes, that's what I'm looking for.

My 4E book is still in good shape. I just had to put some packing tape on the spine because the cover was starting to rip off, but no pages have fallen out.

Of course, I haven't actually opened the 4e book in years now...

I actually opened my copy of the BBB just a few weeks ago so I could "borrow" the maps. The binding is a little loose in the middle but other than that it's holding together fine.