Unkindness Available in Hero Store

Balabanto

Re: Unkindness Available in Hero Store

UnkindnessMiniMini.JPG

An evil man in a bird costume is on a crime spree throughout the city. Can your superheroes put an end to his rampage before he begins kidnapping children?

Unkindness is a superheroic adventure for the HERO System and for ICONS. It includes a supervillain and his minions, an arc of scenarios and numerous plot options, and some useful reusable maps such as a jewelry store and a science museum.

The book is 32 pages, and goes for $6.95 ($3.95 for the ebook). A special advance printing will debut at Origins Game Fair, with the book available at your favorite store shortly thereafter.

Please forgive my ignorance' date=' but what is "ICONS" as it pertains to the Hero System? I did a quick search on Google but failed my "search-fu" roll and didn't find anything useful. Thanks![/quote']

It's not a HERO System game, but another superhero RPG entirely.

Then good news for you, Escafarc, and bad news for BlackWyrm.

BlackWyrm (by which, I mean me) screwed up the ICONS license deal, and violated the terms of our agreement. It was not malicious or opportunistic, just a case of the stupids. But as a result, we have lost the ICONS license. Sadly, this also means that we will not be able to sell the already-printed-and-shipped book at Origins, or anywhere. We'll need to reprint a HERO-only INCONSless new book. So the adnveure will not be available now for a few more weeks.

I apologize to the author, the artist, and all the fans for the delay, and most especially to Adament Entertainment for such a monumental blunder that put them in a very bad position.

Then good news for you, Escafarc, and bad news for BlackWyrm.

BlackWyrm (by which, I mean me) screwed up the ICONS license deal, and violated the terms of our agreement. It was not malicious or opportunistic, just a case of the stupids. But as a result, we have lost the ICONS license. Sadly, this also means that we will not be able to sell the already-printed-and-shipped book at Origins, or anywhere. We'll need to reprint a HERO-only INCONSless new book. So the adnveure will not be available now for a few more weeks.

I apologize to the author, the artist, and all the fans for the delay, and most especially to Adament Entertainment for such a monumental blunder that put them in a very bad position.

Do the e-books need to be revised?

To Escafarc's comment, I suspect the revised book will have no new informnation (to replace the removed Icons information) and no change in cost, which indicates you were not paying anything for this information you would never use.

Way back, some of the Hero and V&V materials were published with a general guide to conversion in the back. This, to me, seemed like a good idea in expanding the market for both games' supplements. Of course, that was back in the day when most "supplements" were adventure modules, not rules additions and similar splatbooks, so it would be less useful now.

• 1 month later...

BlackWyrm Games and Adamant Entertainment are pleased to announce that BlackWyrm has reacquired the ICONS license. The superhero adventure modules Unkindness is available with both ICONS and HERO System write-ups for the same low price of $6.95.

"We're very happy to reestablish the working relationship between our two companies," says Dave Mattingly, president of BlackWyrm. "Adamant has a wonderful reputation in the industry, and ICONS is an amazingly cool system. Being able to publish material for the system is quite a privelege."

The Unkindness adventure presents the players with a challenging new supervillain, the Raven King. This evil being is on a crime spree through the city, stealing and kidnapping. But when it becomes apparent that the situation is not as straightforward as it might seem, a moral dilemma puts the heroes against a difficult choice.

"Now that we can offer this adventure under two great game systems," says Jason Walters of BlackWyrm, "we hope to allow a larger audience the opportunity to face this dangerous villain and the quandary behind it."

Unkindness is written by Michael Satran, the author of Foxbat for President, Pretty Hate Machines, and War of Worldcraft.