Blowing Up Prootwaddles, or Character Self-Destruction

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Blowing Up Prootwaddles, or Character Self-Destruction

Susano' date=' how did you get the Powers menu to do that? I had to sell back the Running in the Characteristics screen when I did it.[/quote']

I think he did sell it back under Characteristics, and used a Custom Power with a cost of zero to note it under Powers.

I think he did sell it back under Characteristics' date=' and used a Custom Power with a cost of zero to note it under Powers.[/quote']

Yup. This is how we decided to do it when entering material for the various HD packs the Hero Store sells. Personally, I wish the movement powers allowed you to sell back the base movement, it'd be a lot easier.

Also Goblin Arsonist, Goblin Bomb, Goblin Bombardment, Goblin Cannon, Goblin Dynamo, Goblin Firestarter, Goblin Skycutter, Ib Halfheart, Goblin Tactician (that's a good one; maybe Ib did Prootwaddles too), and War-Torch Goblin. It was sort of a recurring theme amongst MtG goblins.

MtG has Goblin Sappers too, but the effect is slightly different.

EDIT: Oops. I missed "a few" that didn't have "goblin" in their actual names: Arms Dealer, Boggart Shenanigans, Ember Hauler, Emberwilde Augur, Gempalm Incinerator, Grotag Siege-Runner, Mogg Bombers, Mudbutton Torchrunner, Siege-Gang Commander, Tar Pitcher

Dunno... I'll have to download and look. Or I can send you the file I did.

That would be nice, though they may turn out to be exactly the same since I worked off your writeup.

I can't remember right now where and as what to save a race as opposed to a representative of the race in HD. Prefab? Package Deal? Straight HD character file?

That would be nice, though they may turn out to be exactly the same since I worked off your writeup.

I can't remember right now where and as what to save a race as opposed to a representative of the race in HD. Prefab? Package Deal? Straight HD character file?

Straight HD file would be best for a full character sheet. Prefab if you're only going to include the major differences.

• 2 weeks later...

Ignoring the min-maxing for a second' date=' the whole "I blow up when I bump into something" thing sounds like it should just be a complication and not a power at all.[/quote']

It's a power because other things get damaged when it happens.

It's also a complication because of obvious.

Okay, then it sounds like a trigger(whenever I die, zero phase action, automatically resets). But that seems a bit expensive since you can, theoretically, only use it once ever. Unless you have Regen with the Resurrection adder. Also, you can't really guarantee that the bad guys will be next to you when you explode instead of your friends.

Yes' date=' but I was mostly pointing out that it's going to be really expensive for an almost useless flavour power.[/quote']

For the guy who rigs the prootwaddle to explode there is a point. He likes to have a loud, damaging boom in the middle of his enemies, and it's something useful to do with an otherwise disposable prootwaddle.

Of course, that doesn't mean he's a nice guy for doing it.