Blowing Up Prootwaddles, or Character Self-Destruction

Re: Blowing Up Prootwaddles, or Character Self-Destruction

Well' date=' I wrote up Boggies, so Proots can't be that much of a system stretch.[/quote']

I'm pretty sure that Boggies were the inspiration for Prootwaddles. The language used to describe them in TFT is faintly reminiscent of the introduction of Bored of the Rings.

cheers, Mark

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh' date=' and speaking of an exploding character... I've done it as a Triggered No Range RKA with AOE: Explosion, 1 Charge, Never Recovers, and the Side Effect of Character Takes Full Damage. Since you get no defense against Side Effect damage, it'll pretty much kill the character if you buy the right amount of RKA dice.[/quote']I'll need to look up the file for Surge (from the DNAgents); I *think* I wrote it as a Physical Limitation, but not sure...

Cheese-powered beats nuclear-powered. I'm not restricted by silly things like logic' date=' physics or common-sense. :P[/quote']

Ah, but you failed to ask: Powered by Radioactive what? I am filled with Radioactive Cheese! Bua-Ha-ha-Ha-ha-Ha! :eg:

That is also a viable alternateive. I was just trying to think of the cheesiest way to maximize the explosion. If it is part of the "regular build"' date=' its points take away from what is available to build the "rest of" the character. While a Multiform does that to, it has (iirc) a 5:1 reduction in cost to go along with it, not to mention being able to take all of the "non-explosive" CPs and put them into the explosion power.[/quote']

Okay' date=' that makes sense. I thought you were inadvertantly being overcomplicated when you were actually intentionally min-maxing. Thanks. That's one I never would of thought of.[/quote']

And not only that, in the Multiform you can also *sell back* stats to further inflate the Explosion Power! Sell back all but one Body, and the poor, poor Prootwaddle is (pretty darned) sure to die! Since it is a Zero Range AoE, sell back all but one DEX!

:eg:

Having dug out my copy of The Fantasy Trip: In The Labyrinth, here's my quick and dirty take on Prootwaddles.

Presuming the character starts with a 10 in Primary Characteristics

-4 INT

-5 EGO

-2 PRE

-1 OMCV

-1 DMCV

-2 BODY

-2m Running

Distintive Features: Prootwaddle; bizarre attire, slogans painted on the body, cry of "Proot! Proo-oot!" (Concealable, Noticed And Recognizable)

Negative Reputation: Harmless Annoyance (Very Frequently)

Physical Complication: Dull Witted, "moronic" (Frequently, Slightly Impairing)

Based on the text, they have some skills related to hunting, gathering, gambling, and living in a forest domain. They also might have a Psychological Complication defined as "rapid mood swings" as they are known to be quarrelsome and unruly.

And, because Hero Designer was already open....

Val	Char	Cost	Roll	Notes
10	STR	0	11-	Lift 100.0kg; 2d6
10	DEX	0	11-	OCV:  3/DCV:  3
10	CON	0	11-
6	INT	-4	10-	PER Roll 10-
5	EGO	-5	10-	ECV:  2 - 2
8	PRE	-2	11-	PRE Attack:  1 ½d6

3	OCV	0	
3	DCV	0	
2	OMCV	-3	
2	DMCV	-3	
2	SPD	0		Phases:  6, 12

2	PD	0		Total:  2 PD (0 rPD)
2	ED	0		Total:  2 ED (0 rED)
4	REC	0
20	END	0
10	BODY	0
20	STUN	0	Total Characteristic Cost:  -19

Movement:	Running:  10m/20m 
Leaping:  4m/8m
Swimming:  4m/8m

Cost	Powers	END
0	Short Legs:  Running -2m (10m total)	0

Skills
1	AK: Local Forest 8-
3	Climbing 11-
3	Gambling 10-
1	PS: Hunter-Gatherer 8-
1	Survival (Temperate/Subtropical Forests) 10-
3	Tracking 10-
1	WF:  Clubs, Polearms and Spears

Total Powers & Skill Cost:  13
Total Cost:  -6

175+	Matching Complications
10	Distinctive Features:  Prootwaddle; bizarre attire, slogans painted on the body, cry of "Proot! Proo-oot!" (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
15	Negative Reputation:  harmless and unwanted annoyance, Very Frequently
15	Physical Complication:  Dull-wiited; "moronic" (Frequently; Slightly Impairing)
20	Psychological Complication:  Rapid Mood Swings; can switch from friendly to angry to back in seconds, known to be unruly and argumentive (Very Common; Strong)

Total Complications Points:  -6