Teleportation Power Ideas?

star

Making a teleportation character for my first Champions game. Got some basic teleportation powers (short range, long range, attack). Also gave him a flight speed of 1 with a trigger that it is only activated after a teleportation (basicly if he ports up in the air he doesnt fall)

Any other interesting Teleportation ideas? Character teleports himself and with some effort others, but has to teleport with them. (no just teleporting others without him going along also)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37340[/ATTACH]

Re: Teleportation Power Ideas?

Here's something I posted a while back using 5e rules:

Here are a couple of teleportation themed power suites I've posted in the past that might give you some inspiration:

Wormhole Stan

52 Does Whatever A Wormhole Can: Multipower, 105-point reserve, (105 Active Points); all slots Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points; -1/4), Gestures (-1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4), Side Effects (-1/4)

5u 1) Basic Gate: Teleportation 10", Position Shift, x2 Increased Mass, x4 Noncombat, Usable By Other (+1/4), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4), Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2), Continuous (+1) (105 Active Points) 10

4u 2) Defensive Redirect Gate: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), Missile Reflection, Reflect At Any Target, Line Of Sight (+1/2), Area Of Effect Accurate (One Hex; +1/2), Indirect (Any origin, any direction; +3/4), Full Range (+1) (105 Active Points); Will Not Work Against Heavy Missiles (-1/4), Visible (-1/4)

4u 3) You Can See What I See: Clairsentience (Sight, Hearing, Radio And Smell/Taste Groups), Targeting, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Usable Simultaneously (up to 2 people at once; +1/2) (105 Active Points); Sense Affected As More Than One Sense [very common Sense] (-1/2) 4

5u 4) Offensive Redirect Gate: Indirect (Same origin, any direction; +1/2), Line Of Sight (+1/2) for up to 70 Active Points of Any Ranged Attack, Usable By Other (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (105 Active Points) 4

5u 5) Acme Gate: Stretching 7", Does Not Cross Intervening Space (+1/4), Usable By Other (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Invisible Power Effects, Source Only (Fully Invisible; +1/2), Indirect (Any origin, any direction; +3/4) (105 Active Points) 5

5u 6) Watch Where You're Going!: Teleportation 8", Position Shift, x2 Increased Mass, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Ranged (+1/2), Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2), Indirect (Any origin, any direction; +3/4), Usable As Attack (+1) (104 Active Points) 5

re: The Gate Limitation

Was not an option in HDv3 but an additional (-1/2) Custom Limitation on slot 1) would only save "1" real point.

and

The Deliveryman

75 Deliveryman Powers: Multipower, 75-point reserve

7u 1) Same Day Pickup & Delivery: Teleportation 15", No Relative Velocity, Position Shift, x4 Increased Mass, x4 Noncombat, Safe Blind Teleport (+1/4) (75 Active Points) - END=7

7u 2) Next Day Ground: Teleportation 10", No Relative Velocity, x32 Noncombat, x4 Increased Mass, Safe Blind Teleport (+1/4) (75 Active Points) - END=7

7u 3) Next Day Air: Teleportation 5", No Relative Velocity, x4 Increased Mass, Safe Blind Teleport (+1/4), MegaScale (1" = 1,000 km; +1), Can Be Scaled Down 1" = 1km (+1/4) (75 Active Points) - END=7

7u 4) Special Pickup: Teleportation 10", Ranged (+1/2), Area Of Effect Accurate (One Hex; +1/2), Indirect (Any origin, any direction; +3/4), Usable As Attack (+1) (75 Active Points) - END=7

6u 5) Special Delivery: Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6, Variable Special Effects (Limited Group of SFX; Whatever the material that is teleported into target; +1/4), Area Of Effect Accurate (One Hex; +1/2), Invisible Power Effects, SFX Only (Fully Invisible; +1/2), Indirect (Any origin, any direction; +3/4), No Normal Defense ([standard]; +1), Does BODY (+1) (75 Active Points); No Knockback (-1/4) - END=7

6u 6) We'll Box It For You: Entangle 6d6, 6 DEF, Indirect (Same origin, always fired away from attacker; +1/4) (75 Active Points); Variable Limitations (requires -1/2 worth of Limitations; Based on material used to create Entangle; -1/4) - END=7

7u 7) Let's Open That Package: Dispel 5d6, Variable Special Effects (Limited Group of SFX; Any focus or physical manifestation based ability; +1/4), Area Of Effect Accurate (One Hex; +1/2), Cumulative (+1/2), Indirect (Any origin, any direction; +3/4), all [special effect] powers simultaneously (+2) (75 Active Points) - END=7

7u 8) I'm Sorry, We Lost Your Package: Naked Advantage: Indirect (Any origin, any direction; +3/4) for up to 40 Active Points, Ranged (+1/2), Usable As Attack (+1) (75 Active Points) - END=7

7u 9) Let's See If We Have That In Stock: Clairsentience (Sight Group), x64 Range (14,400"), Analyze, Discriminatory, Targeting, Tracking (75 Active Points) - END=7

25 Tracking Labels: Teleportation: Floating Fixed Location (5 Locations)

Re: The Deliveryman

The first 3 slots are personal movement only and the differences between them is primarily the distance traveled.

Slots 4 & 5 are combat oriented. The one with UAA can be used to 'grab' nearly anything or anyone. The RKA represents literally teleporting something into something or someone else. Both the UAA and the NND still need to have a defense described.

Slot 7 is good against focus based characters

Slot 8 would allow the character to redirect someone else's power (like a teammate) of up to 40 active points at range and at any direction he chooses.

Slot 9 would allow the character to find something. (He could assign a "Tracking Label" to later teleport it).

:cool:

HM

Well, although I can come up with a half dozen great Teleportation powers off hand, I'm always leery of a PC that says "well else can I do" rather than "what else should this character be able to do." At some point, you should just ask yourself, what cinematically cool things can this character do? When you know that, worry about building them. ;)

La Rose.

Well, although I can come up with a half dozen great Teleportation powers off hand, I'm always leery of a PC that says "well else can I do" rather than "what else should this character be able to do." At some point, you should just ask yourself, what cinematically cool things can this character do? When you know that, worry about building them. ;)

La Rose.

It is not a matter of just trying to twink the character. It is a matter of trying to find some more inspiration to make the character more versitile. I know I want the character to do teleportation (short and long ranged) and be able to TP in combat (the blast power I have). Other things is I knew that I only wanted him to be able to take others with him if he was holding onto them, and be able to use his TP to make it hard to hit in combat. Now I got all that down on the character but I was looking for more ideas so he wasnt just a 1 trick pony. Maybe some clever uses of some power that I can make TPish to give him more versitile.

In my mind I have the thought of what about grabing onto someone TPing them a short distance which leaves them disoriented or something as one possibility but am not too sure on how to build that power. Not a damage ability but something that could help with say crowed control.

1meter Teleportation, Usable as an Attack, position shift, set effect.

Teleport someone to their exact position but in a prone position

High DCV

Continuous Teleportation, therefore, sometimes attacks literally pass through

Damage Reduction

Same as High DCV

Killing attack NND / 6th ed equivalent that I forgot the name for, and OIF (small items)

I teleport pebbles or other such small materials into your body and cause sever pain

Large Killing attack linked to UAA Teleportation

I teleport you into the wall

Large amounts of increased payload so that you can teleport the car you are driving.

Deflect and Reflect attacks

I send the attacks back at you

Etc.

La Rose.

A PC in my campaign is a teleport; she asked me for a couple of nice powers:

Deassemble, Reassemble: Stretching 4”, Does not Cross Intervening Spaces (+¼) [25 Active Points] Only to Grab Objects or Disarm (-1), No Nocombat Stretching (-¼)

[Real 12; END 2]

Deassembling Field: FF 5 rPD/0 rED [5 Active Points]; Only vs Limited Class of Object (Ranged, -¼)

[Real 4; END 1]

ok ok that's not wonderful ideas but, well, just my two cents :)

i add also some different ideas, wich you can couple to your teleport, based on your SFX

- Desolidification; you quickly teleport out of phase

- Missile Deflection/Reflection: you teleport away incoming attack (similar to the FF above)

- Entangle: you teleport rope and bond around your opponent

You might consider odd things that might be done if your character could teleport some distance and back again essentially instantly with something in the environment. He might, for example, be able to teleport down into solid earth/rock (danger!) and teleport right on back with some quantity of that earth/rock to set up a Barrier (perhaps with Side Effect). Or he might be able to teleport high into the atmosphere and teleport right on back with some quantity of cold (and poorly oxygenated) air as an odd Change Environment.

My last Teleporter was a chess themed Brick so you may not find this useful. Here are a few builds I remember.

En passant - essentially a Teleportation version of a Move By or Move Through - HA, Area of Effect (Line), Linked to Teleportation

Castling - I must admit that MMORPGs have influenced my play a bit as I like my Brick's to have at least one power that can be used to defend a teammate - In this case its a UOO Teleportation, Linked to Teleportation to trade places with a teamate in trouble. [edit] I think I eventually upgraded this to a Trigger so I could functionally use it as an Abort to save a teamate.

Ckeckmate - usually used to Teleport a villain into harm's way, such as between me and our current Martial Artist or in front of a charging Speedster - Teleportation, UAA

1. I guess you could teleport things like "the air in your opponent's lungs" (NND or perhaps Change Environment stunning effect from the APG) or teleport water into your opponent's lungs.

2. Micro-teleportation might enable one to remove disease or cancer or lodged bullets from a person.

3.On the lethal side, you could teleport blood out of someone's body.

4. Teleporting nitrous oxide into a target's lungs or various drugs or poisons into their system would also be highly effective.

5. Teleporting clothing and whatnot could be done as a cosmetic transform.

6.You could possibly rationalize size, density and shapeshifting type stuff as mastery of the "disassembly/reassembly" aspect of that kind of teleportation.

7. Change environment could be modeled as opening a wormhole to a region with different weather or atmospheric conditions.

8. Perhaps you could have a summon that brings people you've "marked" to your location.

9. Guns that never run out of ammo because you keep teleporting in more rounds.

10. Healing by teleporting open wounds and lacerations back together.

I had a character who used Gateway teleportation as her main schtick. I did entangles, barriers, and some Blasts/RKA by 'gating in' stuff (Rocks or Sand to bury people in, lava/acid/toxic waste to spray at people)... you could do this same sort of thing, albeit with some restrictions (Side Effects for having to travel with that toxic waste before you drop it on people!)

I think his concept is more like Nightcrawler though, he has to go with, and be touching whatever he teleports. This removes a lot of the suggested effects. You could go with a DEX (or OCV/DCV) Drain, to simulate the effect when Nightcrawler used to grab people and teleport them quickly.

The other thing is you could probably make all of those fixed slots instead of Variable (especially the Megascale which is really Non-Combat movement anyway).

well

if relative velocity is considered for full move attacks

there should be a way to combine movement with teleport

I think I've seen Night Crawler do flying kicks

yes - teleport should be an ability that can combine with other movement powers - "Im running down the street and i teleport in front of him - while running - with a flying kick" You would spend END for both the run and the teleport, but you get to add the run velocity to the kick attack

I had a swordsman a while back with teleport powers...

He had an area effect attack, non selective, he teleports everywhere in the area and attacks,

desolidification (with some limits), he was effectivly teleporting to a safe location and back a lot. (although damage reduction would probably be a better mechanic)

also, and this gets cheesy, he had darkness power by teleporting himself everywhere in the area, getting in everyone's way, but avoiding damage by not really being there. It also had limitations, but was fun now and again.

You could have some neat effects with teleporting the sword, or throwing it and teleporting it back to yourself, but that didn't fit with my char. Still lots of possibilites with the effect of teleporting things to and fro.

Yeah I thought about using blast and area effect to simulate teleporting in and hitting everyone in the area and teleporting back. But instead I went with blast and autofire ability. Makes it so I can choose to hit the same target multipul times or many different targets.

There are a lot of really good suggestions already so I'll just leave one. I created hero named Spot. Basically he is covered in worm hole-like matter in the shape of spots. Here is one of his attacks (5ed)

Teleport-10" UAA (+1); Damage Shield (+1/2) Activation 13- (-3/4). If he gets punched then he tries to move a spot in the way and t-port the attacker away. He still takes the punch regardless but it has come in handy.