(5th Edition) Social Limitation: Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex

Marcus Impudite

Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex

Type: Social Limitation

Value: 10 points (Infrequently, Major)

Description: Obviously named for a certain notorious Larry Niven article, this Disadvantage is for a super-strong character who, due to the nature of his physiology, has a very difficult time finding a bed partner he doesn't have to worry about accidentally injuring (or worse, killing) during intimacy. As a result, the character's options are limited to either self-imposed celibacy or limiting his pool of potential dates to the few super-strong female characters in the game world who seem "sturdy enough" (in which case, it's possible some Destructo Nookie is to be expected). It goes without saying the potential consequences if the character has a lapse in judgement and beds one of the more "delicate" females would be serious. Whether or not a character receives points for this Disadvantage depends on two important factors. First, it's only really a Disadvantage if romance and sex actually get significant "on camera time" in game. Second, it assumes the character actually has the capacity to care about the well being of a prospective bedmate. If the character is completely uncaring (or worse, a sadistic bastard who enjoys hurting people) he receives no points. Characters with this Disadvantage may also have a Physical Limitation for Size, Heaviness/Density, or the like.

Re: (5th Edition) Social Limitation: Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex

Characters with this Disadvantage may also have a Physical Limitation for Size' date=' Heaviness/Density, or the like.[/font']

*long pause*

Oh, wait, you mean as expressed via Hero System powers and the like. Never mind.

I did have a brick character who'd gotten her powers from insect DNA and we had a running joke where she'd gently put off suitors by mentioning that there'd been preying mantis in the mix and she really didn't want to find out the hard way that she had some... problematic instincts. I never bothered taking points for it, though.

The head-biting thing aside, note that this doesn't need to be restricted to male bricks. Consider the rather unfortunate risk of, er, crushing damage on a male partner.

There are also other power sets that can result in this sort of thing. A significant amount of Rogue's screen time centers around the fact that she can't touch anyone, and she's put at least one lover into a coma. Any character with trouble controlling their powers when upset could also have similar trouble when excited.

Cody finally died,and forgave Rogue as it was an accident

it was in a rogue mini series

There are also other power sets that can result in this sort of thing. A significant amount of Rogue's screen time centers around the fact that she can't touch anyone, and she's put at least one lover into a coma. Any character with trouble controlling their powers when upset could also have similar trouble when excited.

This came up in our long running Champs game, as our team brick was an 80 STR, Regenerating 16 year old female gymnast with a "poor control over her strength" Disad. In a more modern iteration I'd have had no problems letting her player take an appropriate Social Lim to reflect the issues.

Guest steamteck

Actually comes up in our game where the NPC Superman homage only has a very few females able to survive lovemaking and even less compatable socially. Several female PCs would like to find a way around the problem for him.

Also PC Bedrock is a STR 70 man of living stone and has courted hard the earth demigoddess on the major superteam in the campaign because not only can she survive lovemaking but she can actually make him feel it like it did when he was human ( and more).

I've had it come up once with a character I was playing, but it was "roleplaying" stuff, no points involved. I was a Kryptonian clone, and despite being a total boyscout, I refused to arrest Jet Valkyrie a "grey" super. Because she was one of the few women it was safe to be with.....

Unless romance is a major plot-point in the character's stories its probably worth nothing.

I just write tropes as 0 pointers on sheets for fluff, but I also allow for small roll modifiers when they come into play.