Strange events...what do YOU (not your character) do?

Pizza Man

Re: Strange events...what do YOU (not your character) do?

to answer questions' date=' you will end up with perfect health, and looking young, this will translate to 1 point of longevity on Champions rules. You will end up with a standard super heroic body and will never have to exercise to maintain your shape. [/quote']

Third thoughts, assuming this is not just me, watch family and friends who are on disability. Significant number of "miraculous" cures and the government may review every disability claim.

I may have to go back to work.

Like most of the others here I would start off by experimenting with my powers and seeing exactly what I can and cannot do, powerful, SFX, damage resistance, heal factor, and any other thing that I can think of. At first I would try to keep things a secret but since I am rather poor at that most people who know me would quickly figure out what is going on. I would start saving money on things like gas since I will be going through both a lot less since I am using other forms of travel now. The more offensive abilities I would use only for self defense and start working on various combat tactics that make full use of my new abilities. The main problem that I would have is that my roommate is getting disability and we would have to find some way to keep the fact that she might not be eligible for it anymore a secret. I would not voluntarily go into crime fighting, nor would I use the abilities for personal gain, they would only assist me in things that I am already doing now.

I'd pretty much follow suit with what everyone else has said. Once I have a grasp on the extent of my changes though, I'd be flying to see family and friends. With enough flight missing my peeps would be a thing of the past.

Oh and I'd toss out all of my kidney stone meds and laugh like a maniacal b4st4rd. Just sayin!

I would be more concerned/curious about what happened to my dusted wife and kids. Can't have my five year old flying off somewhere. Can't have my seven year old ripping off someone's arm in flag football.

Depending how and how much thrust my flight provides I would get a vehicle with a speedometer, put it in neutral and see how fast I can go. Flying with no light to see by or running lights to be seen by is a good way to get kilt, and I would want to know what kind of turns I can make and how fast I can stop. I can use my newly freed up gasoline budget on buying a GPS.

If my wife and I got superhuman, peak condition bodies, I probably wouldn't be posting for several days. You test your new stamina your way and I'll test it mine. :sneaky:

I would hide my new abilitys, while testing them in secret. i would also begin trainning and working out at a new gym, so my better body does not draw attention. If my newfound abiltys were to superhuman to work out with others, I would attempt to find a trustworthy trainer. Wait for fallout...gov't reaction, aproxomit number of new "supers" and go from there. Also guage my power level, so I might be able to guess if I could take someone if they start going crazy. The number of "supers" would be very importent. 100, and we get a world of supers/villians, 100,000 and we have a new world order,with norms being second class. Everybody ? Well that would suck...every kid that was picked on might blow up...wrong race/religion ect...Some would respond well, many would not. Try to hide my gifts till I could gauge the world response.

Experiment and learn about these Powers. Think about the pro's and con's. Vigilantism vs Justice. Find a disguise or costume and start some street level crime fighting and meet out some Justice.

My long time friends have strange opinions about me. One assumes because I am large and ex military that I could kill any one of them if I wanted too. It is odd because as far as I know I have never killed anyone. Others think my opinions on crime and punishment a little harsh. I work in a Law Enforcement related field and they think I work for the government. I cannot tell you how often this irks me, but I can tell you they are wrong.

With Telepathy I would be like Doc Savage and do some (Psionic) Surgery on criminal and politicians alike. They would do what is right, admit their crimes, pay their dues, and when they got out become productive members of society. Everyone would be honorable, responsible, and more. I guess I would be a Tyrant!!! ;) Go figure I would be a bad guy.

QM

I would also keep my head down and my mouth shut until I was sure I would not be whisked away to a Lab somewhere. If I suddenly became perfectly healthy I would thank God for the eradication of the bad cough I've had for more than ten years. Everyone would notice because I'd suddenly be four or five dress sizes smaller.

I would test my powers in secret and watch to see what the Country did about the sudden appearance of Superpowers. There would be those who would want to wipe us off the face of the Earth. There would be those who would say we are no longer Human and therefore have no rights. I feel it would be like the first X-Men movie.

I would hope OddHat would get powers too, only in his case I'd hope they'd be Wizard powers as they are his dream.

Probably I'd need flying lessons as far as recognizing landmarks and learning to find my way around goes. Probably flying Supers would have to observe no-fly zones and obey all the airplane rules, so I'd have to learn those. You'd probably also need a License.

I probably wouldn't use my electric energy to blast things much. I might use it to open a locked bathroom door in a public building. One of those use your key card to open doors. Heh heh.

If I could fly I'd want to fly over the Grand Canyon. I did that once in a small plane and got sick so I had to close my eyes. I'd also want to fly over Niagra Falls and other natural wonders.

I wouldn't want to fight crime. I have never had a desire to be a Cop. I would resume my Martial Arts classes though.

I would also enjoy dressing my new body in a wide variety of clothes. That's the hardest thing about being a plus size; it's much harder to find clothes you like that actually fit and look good on you.

If the powers went away I hope that the new body would stay.

Yet, YOU feel different. You feel healthier. No mater how old, out of shape, or diseased you are...you feel better than you have in years.

you will end up with perfect health, and looking young, this will translate to 1 point of longevity on Champions rules. You will end up with a standard super heroic body and will never have to exercise to maintain your shape.

Pizza, roughly how long till it goes from Feeling healthier, etc. to actually seeing physical changes? Then roughly how long from then till the Super Hero Physique?

Also will this Super Hero type body also be physically enhanced (i.e. Super Strength, Agility, Invulnerability, etc.)?

1) I'd go eat cakes, pies, ice cream, pizza, fries, etc. Being a diabetic sucks.

2) To test if I could fly, I'd go to a pool with a diving board or a local watering hole with a rope swing. If I can fly, I'll miss the water. Once you know if you can fly or not, then its a matter of speed and distance.

3) For the blasts, I'd take off to the desert with varying jugs of water or melons and test my accuracy and distance.

Practice on my own for a few days, then head off to the Physics Dept. at the University of Western Australia. I'm sure they'll be fascinated by something that blows apart everything we thought we knew about physics. Flight would be a problem - Perth, and my home suburb, swarm with light aircraft. Cheap low-level flights out to Rottnest Island would be fun though :D

Not much use for power blasts - all the legal uses would risk injury to bystanders.

First, I'd tell my wife and find out if it happened to her, too (fingers crossed). Then, I would find out exactly what I can and cannot do, testing my powers to their limits. Third, I would tell my brother in law, as he is both the sheriff of my county and the only public official I would trust with my secret. Together, we owuld figure out the best way to use said abilities in service to the public. I would like to keep my identity secret, but if I had to join the Sheriff's Department, I'm sure we could still conceal exactly which new deputy is capable of these things (tell me standard-issue SWAT gear doesn't conceal an identity). The whole time, I would also be monitoring the world situation. The dust fell world-wide, but what percentage of the population actually developed powers? How many of these are using their powers to serve the community? How many are going on crime-sprees? Of those observed, what seems to be my relative power level? Are we all "built on the same number of points?" Or are some more/less powerful than others? Does relative power level seem to have anything to do with how people are using them? I honestly believe that in the US, there would be less of a witch hunt/kill the freaks mentality than in certain other parts of the world. Owing both to our belief in tolerance and individualism and our long-standing history of comic-book superheroes. But honestly, whether I would ever take my activities beyond the local level or not would depend a lot on what other people were doing with them.