North American Super team names

phoenix240

Looking for team names for Super teams for North America (Canada, the US, Mexico, etc) for use in the Wildstrike Universe (the shared setting my current Champions games are set in). Current extant teams are:

Gateway Guardians (America)

Hollywood Knights (America)

The Paragons (America)

Freedom Force (America)

The Bay City Defenders

Canadian Shield (Canada)

Northern Guard (Canada)

The Splendid Six (Mexico (and part of Central and South America)

The Redeemers (America based but international in scope)

Re: North American Super team names

In Else Earth I used the name the Guardians (a nod to the original Champions campaign heroes) as the team everyone looked up to and aspired to be - if only they could remember who they were.

The members of the Guardians disappeared battling an extra-dimensional world conqueror who, in a fit of pique at losing to them for the final time, cast a ritual that wiped their existence from the minds of everyone. Photos, print, electronic storage, everything.

It half worked, the individual members were forgotten (even by reserves and retired members who no longer knew they'd been on the team) but the team itself was remembered for their sacrifice (they followed the Conqueror to his home dimension and never returned)

So the name became synonymous with Heroism. As such there are many many "Guardians"

NYC Guardians

The Guardians of the North (Toronto)

Guardians of Los Angeles

etc.

Also out there (and rather brazenly stolen from Aaron Allston's Strike force) was Westguard

Slightly More Original:

The Frontline

The Journeymen

Legacy

Tomorrow Legion

Re: North American Super team names

I don't know why (as I've never even been there) but I've always like the idea of a Texas themed superteam. We had one in our game many moons ago called the Texas Twisters then later the Lone Stars because I think we found Texas Twisters was taken. It ended up with over a dozen members as each player had an idea of what they thought would best represent Texas and the cultures that make it up. Here's a few that I remember.

Ranger (weapon master with gun powers)

Pumpjack (energy projector with oil powers)

Longhorn (brick with minotuar powers)

Matador (martial artist with Images, Invisibility, and swords)

Chupacabra (metamorph with animal powers)

Thunderhawk (mystic with weather powers)