Dark Jedi

TheNaga

How would i go about making the character have dark jedi powers? If I made dark jedi powers how would I them have a corrupting effect on the character like how using the dark side of the force effect the user? What would the power work the best as psionics? I have thought that he might use his power as Sith Assassin or Sith Marauder but I not 100% sure on it. Should he have the the ability to become invsibile when moving since he can move fast? Would give him the ability to good leaping ability as an ability and not a natural part of him? I would like him have them power to clouded a target's mind, causing them to slow down both mentally and physically. This will my first psionic character. How I make where the character it could be a good playable PC?

What equipment should he have? Also what skill would he automatically get What Combat Skill should have? I want him to dual wield.

What advantages should he have based on his look right now? How does he look alien wise? Would look at Star Heroes help in making his natural ability as an original looking alien? I know that his eyes that are luminous, sulfuric yellow orbs are the first sign of his corrpution. Also how would I go about creating his history?

He is a humanoid that stand seven feet tall. He is muscular, sleek muscles rippling under his crimson red skin. Twelve tendrils hang from the back of his head. Each tendril measures two inches in length. The ears do not form a closed ring, but the edges are separated from each other at the base of the ear. His face is broad and flat. Above each of his three large ridged brows is a fin-like crest. Each fin-like crest runs across his head and down his neck. His three eyes are luminous, sulfuric yellow orbs with the third eye being located in the center of his forehead. His jaws are lined with sharp, pointed teeth. His chin is long and bony. The hands have two long fingers in a "V" shape and a small thumb on each side of the fingers. A sharp claw comes out each hand’s fingers and thumbs. Both feet have two forward facing toes and one backward facing toe.

Re: Dark Jedi

Hmmmmm.....Well, a great deal of what you are asking is really up to you and your GM...Or just you, if this is a conceptual build exercise......But for some insight, you might want to take a look here:

http://surbrook.devermore.net/bigbrawl/movie/luke_skywalker.html

And especially here:

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationsmovie/starwars/darthvader.html

For some basic ideas on what other folks imagine a Jedi and a Sith to be.....I'm pretty sure there are also some "How to Build A Sith" or such threads here on the forums. You might want to try searching for "Sith" and "Jedi" and such.....Just my slightly greater than $.02US. YMMV.

-Carl-

Yes and no.

All the books have some guidelines and suggestions regarding average characteristics scores, package deals for aliens or mystic knights, etc. I haven't seen the new Star HERO book, but the old one also had some interesting information on designing aliens (considering their home planet environment and how that would affect appearance, etc.)

I have found the forums here, and just sourcing from various literature - HERO Games or otherwise - to be infinitely useful and yet still a bit frustrating.

I know you have probably already heard this a lot, but the HERO 'design philosophy' is to figure out what you want, then how to do it; not the other way around. When working from source material with as much history as Star Wars, much of that has been done for you. We have great examples in the books and movies as far as what a Jedi or Sith can do, etc.

So I would start by a less rules-oriented approach on what you want your Dark Jedi to be / do / have, then we can help with the details - whether by directing you to previously done conversions (Star Wars has countless HERO Conversions out on the web), or by answering and advising on specific powers.

Like, for instance, the corrupting effect: I would say any Dark Side powers would have a Side Effect limitation; that side effect being a cumulative major transform of "normal person to twisted, evil person" basically.

On the invisibility, I am not an avid fan of the extended universe, but don't recall a Jedi being invisible. I would think a really insanely high bonus to stealth could work though.

And on making Aliens look original, well, good luck with that. Most everything has been done in some form. But you can infer a lot about how the alien should look by thinking about their native environment and evolutionary history:

What did the species evolve from? On what type of planet (hot, dry, wet, cold, high radiation or gravity, etc.)? We can go from there.

What alien races could fly because I just have been thinking he might have wings? Also are there any humanoid reptilian aliens with wings in Stars Wars? Is there any other site besides the Wookieepedia that have info on the aliens of Star Wars?

He is a humanoid dinosaur alien. Would he need to smaller in size?. Alos what change would I need make if any if the planets he was born has forests spreading throughout the planet from pole to pole?

If I give him wings would he need to less massive? If so what change should I make to the description? Also if he has wings what would better for his phome planet to have then forests?

He is a massive reptilian humanoid that stand sixteen feet tall. His scaly skin is crimson red in color. The back corners of his skull has an enormous pair of massive, backward-pointing spikes, six inches long; these are surrounded by two or three smaller spikes. The head is large and rests on a thick neck. A fin-like crest runs across his head and down his neck. The eyes are luminous, sulfuric yellow orbs. Around both eyes is a ring of bone. The long crocodilian jaws are lined with ninety-six teeth designed for tearing and crushing. Sixty-four teeth line their lower jaws and thirty-two teeth line their upper jaws. A small crest runs down the center of their jaws. His arms and legs are massive and thickly muscled. The hands have two long fingers in a "V" shape and a small thumb on each side of the fingers. A hook-like claw comes out of each of his hand’s fingers and thumb. His powerful tapering tail measures ten feet in length. Both feet have two forward facing toes and one backward facing toe.

On the invisibility, I am not an avid fan of the extended universe, but don't recall a Jedi being invisible. I would think a really insanely high bonus to stealth could work though.

While not invisibility per say, these builds (stolen from a version of The Shadow here: http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationsassorted/theshadow.html ) could be made to work since it is possible (at least in MY mind :ugly: ) to argue that The Shadow has Jedi-like aspects.....

Anyway, the builds in question (again, not mine and all credit to the author(s)):

17 Superior Stealth: Invisibility to Normal Sight & Hearing, Variable Limitation (-1/2)

VL#1: Requires a Stealth Roll (-1/2), Only in shadows/dim light (-1/4), Wearing dark clothing (-1/4)

VL#2 & #3: Requires a Shadowing or High Society roll (-1/2), Only in crowds or parties (-1/2)

8 Sudden Departure: Teleport: 10", Only when no one is looking (-1/2), Only to areas accessible

normally (-1/2), Requires a Stealth Roll (-1/2)

YMMV of course and all standard disclaimers apply. :D

-Carl-

Extra limbs just let you do some neat stuff with multi-attack, 5 points for extra limbs. Then build some Hand Killing Attacks with Autofire, maybe buy skill levels with multi-attack, etc, DCV, or Block. Just read up on multiple limbs, multi-attack, autofire attacks, autofire skills, rapid attack, maybe even two-weapon fighting and/or ambidexterity. They can kind of be mixed-and-matched to best suit your needs; but all either add bonuses to or negate penalties on making multiple attacks, etc.

On mass and flight: Star Wars is not known for scientific accuracy, but most GM's try to enforce something they consider to be believable - which differs from person to person. Whether flight is from wings or a jet pack, though, makes it a somewhat moot point if you think about it. Maybe a compromise would be that even with wings, due to size you can only fly for short distances or something.

But again, whatever you create will have to be run by the GM, and be able to be done with the points available. Several times I've come up with a wonderfully complex character that I ended up not quite being able to fully pull off (not enough points for all the things the character should have had and been able to do.)

I dont know how much you have studied on Wookiepedia. But, you might look up the Sith species. Given the exotic alien you are creating, maybe his species had contact with theirs in the times the Sith species was a power. And they learned some of Sith powers.

I dont know how much you have studied on Wookiepedia. But' date=' you might look up the Sith species. Given the exotic alien you are creating, maybe his species had contact with theirs in the times the Sith species was a power. And they learned some of Sith powers.[/quote']The orignal look of the character I made has some Sith (species) features such as the crimson red skin and a long bony chin. I like the look of the SIth species. I am going to keep the orignal look of the character and make it another Sith. How would I make my original verison of character have his master be a member of the Sith species? What is be differnet if he the original verison had the following?

Eight tentacles surround his powerful jagged horny beak.

Should I make any change to my original character's look? I would like both characters appearances besides their look as an alien to look sinster. I know from what I looked on the Wookieedpedia that I have found that most aliens do not have fins on their body or three of more eyes. I happen to like fins on my characters and also more than two eyes. The tendrils of the original verison of the character come from my like of tentacles and seeing the Nautolan (Kit Fisto's race). The original verison of the character is going to be a Sith Assassin or be a Sith Lord while the reptilian alien character is going to be a Sith Marauder.

What is the best way to do Detect Force Activity

Should I give either character armor and if so how should I do it? I have at one thought that one of the two characters has to wear an external respirator and has some cybernetics/bionics. How would I go about making a lightsaber like the Darksaber (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darksaber_%28lightsaber%29)? Also how would I make the lightsaber's ability to block laser blasts?

Is there anything wrong with the following which belong to the winged reptilain alien?

After he hatched he killed all the eight remaining unhatched eggs that his mother laid beside his own egg. He did this because he felt he was the strong should survive and that was him.

What do you think of my Dark Lightsaber so far?

Dark Lightsaber: (Total: 80 Active Cost, 42 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6, Limited Power Power loses less than a fourth of its effectiveness (Only vs. objects touching the blade; -0), Armor Piercing (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Penetrating (+1/2) (60 Active Points); OAF (-1), No STR Bonus (-1/2), No Knockback (-1/4) (Real Cost: 22) plus Deflection (Real Cost: 20)

Let's see the Dark Lightsaber looks ok. I cant think of anything off the top of my head to change (though others are better than me at making sure the Advantage/Disadvantage stuff is right)

I only looked at the Sith species article as a skim-through, so I am sure I missing a lot. I do remember they had these "tentacle whiskers" and red skin so you could give them that if you want them as part-Sith.

Not familiar with the classifications of Sith Maruaders and Assassins. I would think a good add-on to a Sith Assassin would be some kind of ability to suppress or camouflage the Dark Side of the Force coming from them to sneak in to kill, as a simple Stealth skill probably wouldnt fool a Jedi. I'd have to read further on them to know.

If I get any other ideas I'll come back.

Note: I havent read a whole lot of the Star Wars stuff of the last few years. The Yuuzhan Vong admittedly knocked a lot of my interest out.

Personally, I think you're trying to do it all in one fell swoop -- and too much, at that. Sixteen feet tall, naturally inclined to the Dark Side (?!?), four limbs, flight ... does he shoot blaster bolts from his eyes, too?

Star Wars species tend to have one, maybe two things that are especially useful in combat; if they have more, then there's a cultural reason why they don't use them. Wookies have great strength, but to use their claws against anything but droids is a breach of their honor code. Toydarians are immune to the Force, but while they can fly, it's basically walking, they're small, have low strength, can't carry much, etc. etc.

As for the rest, well -- like I said, too much, too fast, etc. etc. Remember also that the 'Darksaber' (which is, let's face it, a fumbled mashup of sword and lightsaber) is an 'ancient precursor' to the lightsaber. It is, for all intents and purposes, inferior.

You are almost literally asking us to decide every detail of your character for you. I am ecstatic to see a new HEROphile join our ranks, but at the same time, let me ask this:

What do you want this character to be? How do you see it? Why? One of my favorite things in the 6E book, discussing the HERO philosophy, is the statement that (I am massaging the quote to fit here) "Sure, you can build a 16-foot tall flying four-armed dark jedi with bulletproof skin - but should you?"

We had a guy in the first real HERO group I played with, and he was an incredibly imaginative guy, came up with a great character concept. But then when that character couldn't do everything, couldn't win every fight, or got at all hurt, he would get all bent out of shape and want to redesign his character, going further and further into the details of the system to make his character the best at everything.

That isn't the best way to play most RPG games.

I would aim at making your character(s) be believable in the setting they will be played in. This jedi you are making here sounds like a great bad guy, but not a great PC, particularly if the other players want to play a Han Solo type or something.

Again, just because you can do something in HERO doesn't necessarily mean you should.

I would say, make the guy more or less human sized, give him either the four arms or the wings, with the wings just giving maybe a bit of gliding rather than full flight if you opt for that. Jedi super-jump + a bit of gliding will be awesome enough. But again, all of this is up to you and/or the GM, not us.

I am going to make this dinosaur-like alien only have four arms. He will have to wear a refrigeration suit due to the fact that he comes from an ice planet. How much PD?ED should a refrigerator suit have? What if I give him a good sense of smell and the ability to see in the dark?

I really want this character to be a pc.

Would have a black lightsaber like the character can have in The Force Unleashed be any different then normal lightsaber? Also who has the best verison of a lightsaber? I mean how to make one for Champions.

What is a good way to give him TK using the force?

I know this is not original but I have thought about the character being like Darth Vader in that he has to have an external respirator to breath which is built into a helmet he wears. He might also have a cybernetic right arm and have to wear a refrigeration suit due to him coming from an ice planet. Or he might have this and the respirator.

The right side of his body down to his waist is replaced with cybernetics/bionics and the legs are cybernetic/bionic replacements. That means that his right eye, right arm, right hand and both legs are cybernetic/bionic replacements. The right side and possibly the left side of his body might suffer third degree burns.

Would starting the Jedi described below with say cybernetic/bionic arm be to much? I was seeing the Jedi describe below becomeing a cyborg like Grevious (possily four arms like him) and Darth Vader and a Jedi killer. I really want one of my two Jedi pcs to have cybernetics/bioncs and possibly external respirator.

He is a humanoid that stand seven feet tall. He is muscular, sleek muscles rippling under his crimson red skin. Twelve tendrils hang from the back of his head. Each tendril measures two inches in length. The ears do not form a closed ring, but the edges are separated from each other at the base of the ear. His face is broad and flat. Above each of his three large ridged brows is a fin-like crest. Each fin-like crest runs across his head and down his neck. His three eyes are luminous, sulfuric yellow orbs with the third eye being located in the center of his forehead. His jaws are lined with sharp, pointed teeth. His chin is long and bony. The hands have two long fingers in a "V" shape and a small thumb on each side of the fingers. A sharp claw comes out each hand’s fingers and thumbs. Both feet have two forward facing toes and one backward facing toe.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to me you are looking for the equipment guide. Pre-made stuff is there.

My advice: READ the rules. Learn them. People are not going to make the character for you.

Good books to read are Star Hero, the Basic Rule Book and the Equipment Guide.

Starting Characters in 6E have 175 points. 150 for 5E. Starting characters won't have everything you want. But then Jedi/Sith have to learn all their powers over time as well.

Try not to make your alien a superman. He is mortal just like the rest of us. Force powers will take a lot of points, you need some for skills.

I just made a starting Psionic Character: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/86772-Psionic-for-a-Space-Opera-Campaign

take a look at him. As you will see there are not a ton of extra points to spare.

Equipment is purchased, not paid for with character points. So build your Sith without the gadgets and purchase them with your starting cash.

You suit is an environment/space suit. If you need to put it together, its Life Support vs Extreme Heat, plus whatever PD/ED you want to add. total the points, toss in a OIF limitation (-1/2), and ask Your GM how much it will cost in cash.

Just out of curiousity would a sith with an external respirator make for a good pc?

As of right now if I go the way i am seing the character he is weaker because he has to use an external respirator and his right arm is a cybernetic/bion replacement.

The problem with the helmet with the built-in external external respirator is I am not sure what features Siths would have built into the helmet beyond the life suport systems.

• 4 weeks later...