Ninja

TheNaga

Re: Ninja

How well would the The Ultimate Martial Artist be in helping me make a character that will have the abilities and powers of a ninja for as some of its powers?

VERY well. In fact, it's almost essential.

If there is one book that is considered essential purchase by 99% of Hero's constituents, it's the Martial Arts book.

• 2 weeks later...

How well would the The Ultimate Martial Artist be in helping me make a character that will have the abilities and powers of a ninja for as some of its powers?

You'd actually want the 6E Hero System Martial Arts book, as it's loaded with sample ninja powers. However, if you can find the 5E Ninja Hero, it has sample ninja templates and a number of sample ninja NPCs.

You'd actually want the 6E Hero System Martial Arts book' date=' as it's loaded with sample ninja powers. However, if you can find the 5E [i']Ninja Hero[/i], it has sample ninja templates and a number of sample ninja NPCs.

I just checked the online Hero store, and printed copies of Ninja Hero are listed as available and in stock (and selling for half cover price).

I just checked the online Hero store' date=' and printed copies of Ninja Hero are listed as available and in stock (and selling for half cover price).[/quote']

There you have it. It's not a bad book, just... uhm... suffers from being early in the publication schedule. If it had come later, it would have benefited from the standardized layout that appeared.

• 3 months later...

Does any of the books for 6th edition have the info and stats for the Kursarigama (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kusarigama) since that is his main weapon. What could i do make the character more then just ninja powers? I would like to make a human ninja and a ninja that is that supernatural in origin which gives him some supernatural abilities.

This what I have found on the origins of the costume ninjas wear today.

Whatever the origins of the ninja, legends and lore seemed to take flight when they began to be portrayed in books which translated to the longstanding tradition of Japanese Kabuki theater. It was on the Kabuki stage where the myth of the ninja's traditional all black costume was born. The costume, resembling black pajamas, created the illusion, in both real and practical terms, that actors portraying ninjas were invisible. Analysis of historic facts indicates that this would have been unlikely garb for a real ninja, since their role as a masters of stealth would dictate that they dress like any ordinary citizen, so as not to advertise their presence. Disguise mastery is a likely fact associated with actual ninjas.

Does any of the books for 6th edition have the info and stats for the Kursarigama (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kusarigama) since that is his main weapon. What could i do make the character more then just ninja powers? I would like to make a human ninja and a ninja that is that supernatural in origin which gives him some supernatural abilities.

Hero System Martial Arts