Probability Manipulation

Xavier

I hope this hasn't been covered somewhere else, I tried searching the forums. I am interested in creating a hero with probability manipulation that does not break my game. I feel like I've seen it somewhere before, but I couldn't find it here so I need some help.

I was thinking of using luck and allowing the number of sixes to adjust the rolls. I have admittedly not really invested much into that idea yet, but I figured most of you all out here have probably seen something along these lines. Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: Probability Manipulation

I hope this hasn't been covered somewhere else, I tried searching the forums. I am interested in creating a hero with probability manipulation that does not break my game. I feel like I've seen it somewhere before, but I couldn't find it here so I need some help.

I was thinking of using luck and allowing the number of sixes to adjust the rolls. I have admittedly not really invested much into that idea yet, but I figured most of you all out here have probably seen something along these lines. Any help would be much appreciated.

You might consider buying a pdf copy of the Advanced Players Guide,Book 2. It specifically has a power called Probability Manipulation, which basically allows a character to reroll the dice once for every time the power is purchased. You can get advantages with respect to the frequency with which you can re-roll, and the nature of the reroll(reroll and you're stuck with the reroll, no advantage; reroll and take the better of the two rolls, +1; reroll until you get a better result than the original roll, +2). Additionally, you could probably purchase it with the Usable as Attack advantage, enabling the character to force a reroll of a successful roll.

an Aid to give friends extra CSLs

Change enviroment using the negative mods to affect enemies

Humm...Blast and Range Killing Attack, Varable Special Effect, Indirect, Invisable Power Effect, Only To Cause Something To Explode/Break Which Would Proably Explode/Break In The First Place (-1/4), Side Effect (Enviromental Damage, +0). This simulates the chances of something breaking down/exploding just at the moment of the player's chosing.

If you are the gm, this could work. If you are not, then the gm will control the power.

Most probability manipulation can be done with either transform or change environment.

Aids or drained to csl, powers that blunt your enemies' powers based on the setting, can also be used

CES

A very long time ago I posted a few things about my probibility manipulater Fortune...they might be about someplace....I mostly avoided luck, and used a Multi (later a Vari-pool)....

Thanks Rose, I have seen this before, and it was the concept I thought I had in mind. Though to be honest I don't think I actually read the character very closely when I saw it the first time. Wow! This character is freaking genius! The twisted mind conceived of such a build is likely beyond me, but it sure is cool.

If you are the gm' date=' this could work. If you are not, then the gm will control the power.[/quote']

Csyphrett, while I understand the need for caution, I wanted to avoid directly controlling the power. I don't think this is very much fun for the player. It's one thing if they have 3D6 Luck, the GM should control that. What I had in mind was something that was more like a power, and I know Luck is a power, it's just that Luck sometimes feels like a FX power/plot device. Of course that could be due to my lack of imagination. :)

I do like the idea of using the aids, drains, transforms and change environment ideas. Those definitely have promise and they allow for the character to control their own power.